It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboard For Rush: Dems Putting Sign Outside Limbaugh's Home

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

I think that's more damming of Conservatism than a jab at liberalism. Could you tell me what industry conservatives have infiltrated?

Banking! LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
It is never right for a gov't to interfere in permitted free speech.

Absolutely. It's really funny seeing people who were completely comfortable with all the excesses of the Bush years (Plamegate, for example, the deliberate targeting of private citizens and much worse) are now getting all whiny (sorry, but there's no other word) now that the Obama administration is starting up with the same stuff.

Did you support the Republicans during Plamegate? Did you support the anti-war protestors' right to free speech when the government set up "free speech areas" away from intended protest sites. As someone put it at the time, "the whole country's a free speech area". Or that's the fiction, anyway.

You did, quite correctly, identify the most hypocritical element of the O'Malley diatribe. But were you so clear-eyed about the Bushies? You didn't seem to care, IIRC, about Valerie Plame's name being leaked. And that was actually illegal.

And I'm non-partisan - I think, if anything, Obama's more dangerous than Bush because he's more charismatic and plausible. But they're really two sides of the same coin, to some extent.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

You recall correctly. I was not so concerned about Valerie Plame, because she was not covert. She was at one time, but gave up that position for a desk job years ago. Thus, not covert, and not illegal.

And who leaked her name? She and her husband did, at Washington DC cocktail parties. Robert Novak merely stated what all of DC (and the international intelligence community) already knew.

How is that a free speech issue?

Finally, do you ever remember Bush publicly naming Plame, or her husband? No. That is the difference between him and Obama.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Getting back to the billboard, the DNC chose a winner...

Drumroll...

"Americans didn't vote for a Rush to failure."

Rush to failure. Get it?

What did they do, put all 80,000 entries in a barrel and pick one?

That is the LAMEST thing they could have said!

If they decided not to go for Rush's jugular (which I respect), the least they could have done for impact is to choose something patriotic or clever, like, "American Voted. For Success, NOT Failure" or "Patriots for Success" or something like that. I mean... Jeez...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join