It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-pitched sound

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Has anyone heard a high-pitched sound going through their neighbourhood at midnight or thereabouts?

Just wondering, because I heard it tonight, and several other nights, and after that everything went deadly quiet.

Is this brainwashing? Or am I nuts? Or both? I would really appreciate some information about this as I am very worried.

It is just one note, very high.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've read in another thread about a high pitched noise that some stores in malls,or maybe even other random ones,use to "annoy" young people in general so they can avoid thefts,vandalisms etc.Maybe that's what you've heard.

I'm saying young people because that sound is supposed to work only on people from 15 (i think) to 25 years old.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hi Ocean,

Thanks for replying - but why do I also hear it? We are in a boy racer area and I have noticed that a lot of their activity has stopped, hooray.

Also, how does it affect animals? I would be very concerned if it affected them.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Could possibly be a transformer. What kind of area do you live in? Is it a steady noise?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'm from aus, and they use that noise in one of the malls that i used to frequent... lol really annoying. It's also very coman for older people hear. Hope you can figure it out!

Cherryduck

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies - can't work it out - but I have to say, this seems very creepy to me - are we being controlled or taken over?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
lol, i don't think you have to worry. Unless you have something the government wants or know something you shouldn't there should be no reason to fret. As for abductions, or being taken over, most people don't remember so if it does happen, well... it probably already has and you don't know about it
. You'll be fine.

Cherry duck

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've searched around a bit since i couldn't remember even the name of that device.It's called "mosquito".
It appears to have two settings: one for just the youth and one that anyone can hear the sound.

Although dogs and small children have very acute hearing and are easily able to hear at this frequency, extensive testing shows that it does not appear to bother them when the Mosquito is set to the youth-only setting.

www.mosquitogroup.com...

One more article about this which also has a link for those sounds.You can test em yourself and see if you can hear em,if you find them annoying etc (allthough i haven't tried these,a couple of months ago i found another site with that sound and i tested it.it worked within a few seconds and i closed the window) :
wbztv.com...

EDIT:To delete a smiley that accidently was in-text. lol

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Oceanborn]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Check out this thread and see it applies to you as well:

Can I hear electricity?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
OK, a very big thank you to everyone who has replied.

Still can't work it out - but I think it was the boy racers that time - don't usually hear it.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
thats really wierd as I heard a high pitched sound over music I was playing driving through a shopping center parking lot. It was very wierd I felt something very wierd was going on ,but I just ignored it. It was very noticeable and pulsating i would say and this was the first night i've heard it. Crazy you posted this thread.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by atsfanoffthescalez]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I felt that throbbing as well.

I really think maybe something is happening here - or maybe not.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
whow very wierd i felt something about the sound very odd and swear it like disrupted my thought process or something... i know it sounds crazy but thats the truth. Also my first time hearing it what about you I cant u2u?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by atsfanoffthescalez

BTW boy racer (ugh..respect, respect...NOT)

Why aren't you out there racing as usual - VERY FUNNY...NOT.

A one-liner - get a life.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

umm im guessing that wasnt replying to me but im going to go back over there and see if i can get that sound again... maybe it is the mosquito device,,, ill let you know!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So sorry if that wasn't you - it was some idiot and I just concluded that you were a boy racer - I am so sorry...thank you.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
so update ... went over there as its not to far and sound was there again... so i've come to the conclusion its the mosquito or maybe a multidimesional flex in time is happening there.
probly first one though =P

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well, here's an idea...

Get a life, get a career and maybe even get a wife???*

*Not recommended for idiots.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

lol who are you addressing that same guy?? i like the part get a wife..* Not for idiots* laugh out loud

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join