It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cancer a Virus, or Virus-Related?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Listen carefully guys cause I've been studying this stuff since 1972. The best books on Cancer are William Donald Kelley's. His first one "One Answer To Cancer", "Metabolic Ecology" by Fred Rohe', and his final book
"Cancer: Curing The Incurable, Without Surgery, Chemotherapy, or Radiation". They will tell you everything you need to know about what Cancer is, is caused by, and every treatment that works.
Phage is right, there are many quacks and charlatans in the health field. Kelley's program and others like it (Healthexcel, Gerson) are the only ones that I know of that work. Homeopathy in my opinion is bogus. Kelley focused on the Pancreas, Liver and Immune organs like the Thymus Spleen and Lymph. In my opinion they should include the Thyroid as well. Kelley proved his approach by having a 90+ success rate with thousands of cases. He cured himself of Pancreatic-liver Cancer in the early 1960s. He had 2 months to live when he found out. The Pancreas produces protein digesting enzymes like Chymotrypsin and Trypsin which not only digest food but travel throughout the body breaking down foreign proteins and preventing cross linking. They will digest any foreign growths like cysts, polyps, benign or cancerous tumors. The most common reason for cancer is over intake of protein which overwhelms the Enzyme output. His approach is to limit the intake of Protein to minimum levels, like say 10 almonds a day or 2 soft boiled eggs a day. You do the Liver-Gall Bladder flush every other week until nothing more comes out. Then you supplement with Pancreatin, Freeze-dried Pancreas Tissue, and purified Chymotrypsin at the proper rate until the tumors are gone. Orthodox medicine disputes all this of course. His program not only cured Cancer but many other diseases. His Metabolic Type info. is phenominal. So I'm telling you, read his books first. They aren't perfect but are lightyears ahead of anyone else. I did his program twice. If the supplements are made properly, and you take the right ones, it will work. It did for me and thousands of others. Why do you think they want to ban supplements.
www.healthexcel.com...

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Kelley is a dentist:

He claimed that his "Protein Metabolism Evaluation Index" could diagnose cancer before it was clinically apparent and that his "Kelley Malignancy Index could detect "the presence or absence of cancer, the growth rate of the tumor, the location of the tumor mass, prognosis of the treatment, age of the tumor and the regulation of medication for treatment."

In 1970, Kelley was convicted of practicing medicine without a license after witnesses testified that he had diagnosed lung cancer on the basis of blood from a patient's finger and prescribed dietary supplements, enzymes, and a diet as treatment. In 1976, following court appeals, his dental license was suspended for five years [37]. However, he continued to promote his methods until the mid-1980s through his Dallas-based International Health Institute. Under the institute's umbrella, licensed professionals and "certified metabolic technicians" throughout the United States would administer a 3,200-item questionnaire and send the answers to Dallas. The resultant computer printout provided a lengthy report on "metabolic status" plus detailed instructions covering foods, supplements (typically 100 to 200 pills per day), "detoxification" techniques, and lifestyle changes.

Treatment said to be similar is still provided today by Nicholas Gonzalez, M.D., of New York City, who claims to have analyzed Kelley's records and drafted a book about his findings. The manuscript was never published, but experts who evaluated its chapter on 50 cases found no evidence of benefit. Gonzalez says that he offers "10 basic diets with 90 variations" and typically prescribes coffee enemas and "up to 150 pills a day in 10 to 12 divided doses."
www.quackwatch.org...

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That's correct. The Government harassed him for years. I've not studied Gonzales's work, so i can't say if it is kosher or not. But I know from personal experience that Kelley's theories are genuine. It comes down to the quality of the supplements. In the early 1980s he had to shut down the program because the Pancreatin was contaminated with a nasty potentially fatal bacteria. B. cereus i think. Kelley believed it was the Pharmaceutical co. that did purposely. Pancreatin is tightly controlled. I don't know what the situation is now. I remember taking it and getting a funny taste after burping it up hours later. So I knew he was right and threw that batch out.
Steve McQueen after studying the field chose Kelley to help cure him. He was doing well, considering he had massive tumors on his lung, neck, and abdomen and was considered terminal by orthodox medicine. They stopped the growth of the tumors and extended his life by many months and he would have survived. Kelley says McQueen was impatient and wanted to speed up the process, so he wanted surgery to remove the dead tumors. They said the tumors fell out like grapefruit. Three days after, an FBI agent posing as a doctor, in the middle of the night gave him a blood clotting shot which gave him a heart attack. McQueen had told Kelley on the phone that he wanted to go public and blow the lid off the Cancer racket.
cancertutor.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Did you have cancer then? How was it diagnosed, "metabolic analysis"? Did you get a second opinion to confirm the diagnosis? If not, it's pretty easy to "cure" something that wasn't there. If so, I apologize in advance.

A questionnaire is a poor way of diagnosing anything, much less cancer.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by broli

(...)I am not wealthy. It is the quacks selling snake oil to very, very frightened and confused people who are wealthy. It is they who are providing the "disinfo". But I prefer the term "lies".

Sorry to have to disappoint you, but except fo the Phoenix Tears stuff, the substances and protocols I've personally quoted above have all underwent extensive clinic tests and have ALL been developped by highly-ranked ONCOLOGISTS, BIOLOGISTS AND CANCEROLGISTS :

Namely :

1 - Dichloroacetate : Dr Evangelos Michelakis,
who has widely communicated in cancer symposiums and written in various revues about his discoveries regarding the reverse-effect of DCA on the cancerous cell's mitochondrial materials, to the point of curing malignous tumours :

Characterization of mitochondrial function in human cancer stem
cells
Peter Dromparis, Gopinath Sutendra, Ken Petruk, Sebastien Bonnet and
Evangelos Michelakis

INTRODUCTION: In mitochondria-dependent apoptosis, pro-apoptotic
mediators are released upon mitochondrial depolarization. Most cancers have
hyperpolarized mitochondria, an index of apoptosis resistance. The
mitochondrial hyperpolarization also explains the unique metabolism of cancer
cells, i.e. enhanced glycolysis (in the cytoplasm) and suppressed glucose
oxidation (GO, in the mitochondria). The metabolic modulator dichloroacetate
(DCA) increases GO, depolarizes mitochondria, inducing apoptosis and
reversing cancer growth. Cancer stem cells (CSCs) are necessary and sufficient
in the development, progression and recurrence of cancer. CSC mitochondria
have not been studied yet. We hypothesized that CSCs have more
hyperpolarized mitochondria than cancer cells and that DCA depolarizes their
mitochondria, inhibiting CSC survival and differentiation.
METHODS and RESULTS: We developed cancer cell lines from freshly excised
glioblastoma tissues. CSCs were isolated by magnetic bead separation and
expanded in serum-free media supplemented with standard growth factors.
CSCs were characterized by immunocytochemistry criteria and were
differentiated into cancer cells in serum media. Mitochondria membrane
potential was measured with TMRM and confocal microscopy. CSCs formed
non-adhering clusters and stained positive for CD133 and nestin but negative
for GFAP, β-III-tubulin and myelin oligodendrocyte. Differentiated cells attached
on the plate, lost the CSC markers CD133 and nestin and expressed GFAP,
confirming their identity as glioma cells. CSCs had more hyperpolarized
mitochondria compared to both freshly isolated cancer cells and differentiated (...)

www.medicine.med.ualberta.ca... ... FYI, the DCA cure is used in a canadian private clinic, officially with 80% of success.

2 - NaHCO3 : Dr Simoncini,
Italian Oncologist whose protocols are now used worldwide in clinics and hospital.

3 - Docteur André Gernez, father of the first coherent theory concerning the stem-cells and their curing potential.

Well now if you still call these higly respectable & respected mens "Quacks", I'll just wish you to have a nice non-quacky day...

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Rigel]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Okay. While I think people take this anti-establishment thing WAY too far on here.....quackwatch is not reputable. Sometimes you need to "quackwatch" the quackwatchers.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I never had Cancer. I had other problems and just wanted to test it out to see how much I could improve my health. I knew other people who did have cancer and were cured. His program was very professional and very comprehensive. It included the questionnaire, extensive blood and urine tests, diet and medical history etc.
I want to say something about the coffee enemas. People always try to use that to degrade the program. The purpose of the coffee enema is to make the liver squeeze like a sponge to help it eliminate wastes and poisons. BTW, they only use organic, pesticide free coffee. Granted enemas are not pleasant, especially if you don't know how, or don't have the facilities, but when the Enzymes break down the tumors, tremendous amounts of waste products are produced. You can die of toxemia if they build up and aren't removed. That's why the Liver-Gall Bladder flush is so important. Read the thread on Liver cleansing. I will say this, the coffee enema should only be done as necessary! If you don't have Cancer or aren't doing a Liver flush, don't do them and avoid all caffeine, that means all coffee, tea, and chocolate. Caffeine can cause hair loss, adrenal problems, prostate problems, and may be involved in Congestive Heart Failure. CHF runs in my family, my dad, his mom, my brother and maybe a sister have it. They were and are all caffeine addicts. Kelley died of Congestive Heart Failure.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Dr. Michelakis has provided peer reviewed experimental results which show promise for the treatment of some forms of cancer. He is not a quack and he does not claim DCA to be a cure. Nor does he claim there is a single cause of cancer. In fact has actively discouraged its use until further research is carried out.

Dr. Evangelos Michelakis phoned the pharmacy to say DCA, which shrank tumours in rats but hasn't been tested in humans, could be lethal or cause horrible side-effects.
www2.canada.com...
Please provide the name of the clinic and their published results.

Dr. Simoncini has provided no peer reviewable results nor evidence that all cancer is fungal. Instead, he relies on youtube videos and his own website to sell his books. His only credentials seem to be that "Dr." in front of his name. He is a quack.

You did not mention Dr. Gernez in your original post. Does he claim that cancer has a single cause or a single cure? Unfortunately I do not read French and most everything about him on the internet seems to be in that language.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Rigel

Please provide the name of the clinic and their published results.

www.medicorcancer.com...

Regards,

R.

Edit : Edit : I hadn't read the end of the post about Gernez, erasing that point also.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It seems to me that quackwatch is just putting information out there and leaving it up to us do decide what it means.
Are you saying that they are lying about the "credentials" and history of the doctors they list?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Thank you.
It seems that human studies are showing promise but they do use a pretty wide definition of "positive response". This doesn't not seem to be a controlled study.

While we cannot comment on the cancer- specific response rates with confidence due to the relatively low numbers, our overall positive response rate continues to be between 60 – 70%. A positive response can be in the form of tumour shrinkage, cancer marker reduction, blood test improvement, symptomatic improvement, disease stabilization or a combination of any of these. In 30 - 40% of our patients we have not seen a response to treatment which is similar to our previous experience.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Rigel

You did not mention Dr. Gernez in your original post. Does he claim that cancer has a single cause or a single cure? Unfortunately I do not read French and most everything about him on the internet seems to be in that language.

Yes he does. Yes the causes are almost the same according to him : a rather natural reaction to the body to a general dysfunction, mostly because of :

1/ Modern Food Deprivation of Vitamins, Minerals (it seems, at least HE SAYS, that the USA hype around minerals and vitamin complement is partly due to his very attempt to "sell" his protocol "outre-atlantique").

2/ Maybe (I interpret this as so) the lack of modern rite of FASTING, while all "primitive" culture still pratice it : the Gernez protocol is for its most part a 3 weeks fast simply preceded by an IV injection of minerals, oligoelement and vitamins in high doses.

The fast stops normal cells replication proces buy slowing it down, while vitamins and elements in high doses have a stimuling effect on immune system meanwhile being hard-to-resist, methinks, for cancerous-cells.

The entire protocol is not a "Dietetical Quack of sorts", but a Conclusion driven by 20 years Gernez's carreer in the field of cellular replication.

- But there is more : the guy, who interstingly states that the modern paradigm suffers of a very lack of "synthetizing minds" to overcome the megaoverload of different informations that are popping everywhere any minutes in the sciences' sphere, - well this Dr Gernez also discovered several Efficient-Proofed Cures for the following disease :

1/ Neurodegeneratives diseases, NCS-related like Alzheimer,, as well as myeline-related diseases like Slcerosis.

2/ Parkinson Disease

3/ Schizophrenia (neurologically caused according to his discoveries, corroborated by several MD and PhD researchers)

4/ Asthma

5/ Allergies of all kind, given a certain geography or climate where the cure for new-born baby is applied (he cured all his descendance, while his ancestor, brothers and sisters where all allergical, by using ihis "instant, no $ protocol" on his nefews and sons...).

6/ Myopathy

De 1950 à 1963, le docteur André Gernez établit son cabinet de radiologie à Roubaix. En 1963, il analyse l'autoradiographie par fixation de tritium sur l'ADN cellulaire. L'observation confirme qu'en processus normal, une cellule-mère se divise en deux cellules-filles dont une seule peut se diviser par la suite. Il propose un nouveau postulat sous la forme d'un synoptique sur la cinétique cellulaire et la cancerogénèse[1].

De 1967 à 1969, les docteurs Gernez et Delahousse soumettent à l'Académie des sciences quatre mémoires intitulés Néo-Postulats Biologiques et Pathogéniques, La Carcinogénèse - Mécanisme et Prévention, Le Cancer - Dynamique et éradication et Loi et Règles de la cancérisation.

Dès 1970, les docteurs Gernez, Delahousse, Lacaze, Dumont (thèse à Lille) et Deston révisent le dogme scientifique de la « neurogénèse » (à savoir le double cycle cellulaire et de la fixité neuronale). En effet, Ramon Cajal avait postulé la fausse affirmation, à savoir que les structures nerveuses étaient fixées et immuables à la naissance. À cette occasion, il constitue l'Union Biologique Internationale avec ses collaborateurs les professeurs Gellé et Nihous, les docteurs Delahousse, Lacaze, Dumont, Deston et Jean-Pierre Willem. Selon les propos du Dr Lacaze, « André Gernez a réalisé un énorme travail de lectures pour synthétiser des évidences »[2]

Le docteur Gernez approfondit ensuite ses travaux sur le cancer, la schizophrénie, la myopathie, le Parkinson, l'alzheimer, le psoriasis, l'asthme, l'allergie et la sclérose en plaques .

fr.wikipedia.org...

All where refused by Gov, and were by the USA so to say "Lost in Translation"...

If you watch the first vid near the end, you'll see this highly intelligent, if not geniusic elder gentleman just briefly CRYING ("sobbing" ?) while remembering its very direct experience with the Power That Be when offered the possibility to call all those diseases - while he seems to think consequently about the number of useless deaths also caused, if not ruled, by some public policies.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh : I forgot to mention two Stars of Not-Strictly-MSM-Medicine :

1. Doctor Ernst Krebs, which studied and cured hundred of cancer sufferer with Vitamine B17 he called Laetrile and Nitroliside, compound which breaks down in one molecule of Benzene and one of Cyanure so killing Cancerous cells instantly, while the normal cells remain unaffected by the very process.

health.centreforce.com...

2. This NobelPrize in biochemistry that also developped another cancer prrotocol - I alas can't remember the name of for now.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ah YES ! That's

Linus Pauling !

en.wikipedia.org...

and his contemporary follower,

MAtthias Rath

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Ernst T. Krebs, Jr.—Laetrile's "father"—has often been referred to as "Dr. Krebs" although he has no accredited doctoral degree. He attended Hahnemann Medical College in Philadelphia from 1938 to 1941, but was expelled after repeating his freshman year and failing his sophomore year [3]. After taking courses in five different colleges and achieving low or failing grades in his science courses, he finally received a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Illinois in 1942 [3]. In 1973, after giving a 1-hour lecture on Laetrile, he obtained a "Doctor of Science" degree from American Christian College, a small, now-defunct Bible college in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The school, founded by evangelist Billy James Hargis, had no science department and lacked authority from Oklahoma to grant any doctoral degrees.

www.quackwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Studies show that vitamin C can reduce the risk of cancer as can other "lifestyle" measures.

In general, prospective studies in which the lowest intake group consumed more than 86 mg of vitamin C daily have not found differences in cancer risk, while studies finding significant cancer risk reductions found them in people consuming at least 80 to 110 mg of vitamin C daily (1).

lpi.oregonstate.edu...

Vitamin C has not been shown to be effective in the treatment of cancer

Studies in the 1970's and 1980's conducted by Linus Pauling and colleagues suggested that very large doses of vitamin C (10 grams/day intravenously for 10 days followed by at least 10 grams/day orally indefinitely) were helpful in increasing the survival time and improving the quality of life of terminal cancer patients (31). However, two randomized placebo-controlled studies conducted at the Mayo clinic found no differences in outcome between terminal cancer patients receiving 10 grams of vitamin C/day orally or placebo (32, 33)

Currently, there are no results from controlled clinical trials indicating that vitamin C would adversely affect the survival of cancer patients. However, vitamin C should not be used in place of therapy that has been demonstrated effective in the treatment of a particular type of cancer, for example, chemotherapy or radiation therapy.

lpi.oregonstate.edu...

The quotes are from the Linus Pauling Institute.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, that is one dubious case out of five that are now verified... Do not act in bad faith, dude.

Still, I'll gently suggest to have a look at the cancer rates among Turk and Caucasian populations whose regime are based upon apricots in all manners, specially the almond : no cancer. Take one sample of this population and feed them with McDonalds, Milkshakes and a daily Wiskhey On Da Rox - and you'll quickly - and not quacky - get the same results in term of cancer than with the average wester population...

What difference ? B17, aka LAetrile, aka Nitroliside.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

May you check out the Matthias Rath's views according to Pauling's very heritage.

What's up with André Gernez ?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Cancer
Rath claims to have discovered that high-dose nutritional supplements can block the spread of cancer cells in laboratory conditions (called metastasis when it occurs in the body). He argues that the growth and metastasis of cancer are facilitated when the balance between mechanisms breaking down and building the connective tissue shifts towards breakdown. He points out that the body makes widespread use of these mechanisms during normal (physiological) conditions, e.g. a) during ovulation, when egg cells migrate from the ovary to the fallopian tube; b) during the restructuring of the uterus and the breast in pregnancy and lactation, when huge amounts of tissue have to be remodelled; c) during infections when white blood cells (leucocytes) migrate through the tissue to the site of infection.[26] He argues that in case of cancer, normal control of these mechanisms fails and the tissue degradation continues uncontrolled.

Rath claims that the uncontrolled release of degrading enzymes in cancer can be blocked by the natural amino acid lysine. He says that a high daily intake of lysine – in particular in combination with vitamin C – can block cancer cells from spreading.

Rath has published a series of articles claiming in vitro evidence that supplements can slow the spread of more than 30 cultured, immortalized cell lines derived from human cancers. These studies, Rath claims, have also identified in vitro synergism between lysine, polyphenols and other micronutrients.[27] Organized in vivo clinical studies using this new approach to cancer have not been published. An independent review of Rath's claims by the Swiss Study Group for Complementary and Alternative Methods in Cancer (SKAK) in 2004 found "no proof that the vitamin preparations of Dr. Matthias Rath have any effect on human cancer" and advised against their use.[28]

[edit] Immune deficiencies
Rath and his research team advocate the use of micronutrients to improve the immune response against infections and help fight immune deficiencies. Rath and his colleagues report that chicks infected with avian flu and given a mixture of micronutrients develop audible pulmonary symptoms later than control animals.[29]

In a special feature article published in the 2007 Commonwealth Health Ministers Book, Rath and colleagues claim that "studies conducted with both single and multiple nutritional supplements have shown that micronutrients act to control HIV infection and AIDS in three specific ways, which include: (i) suppression of virus multiplication and spread; (ii) restoration of cell-mediated immune responses and (iii) slowing the rate of AIDS progression and reducing the severity of AIDS-defining and disease-related symptoms."[30]

[edit] International politics
According to Rath, events of the last century in the international arena have been driven by pharmaceutical and oil companies. Rath claims that World War II was started and exploited by these interests.[10] In court filings, Rath and his lawyers write that the pharmaceutical industry then started apartheid in South Africa as part of a global conspiracy to "conquer and control the entire African continent." Former Nazi officials and the German chemical company IG Farben are specifically mentioned as playing a central role in the alleged conspiracy. In these documents, Rath also compares his adversaries in court to Hitler's storm troopers.[31]

Rath suggests that the pharmaceutical industry continues to control international politics today, allowing 9/11 to occur and starting the Iraq War to divert attention from what Rath considers the failures of drug companies.[17] On his website, Rath states that United States President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, at the behest of what Rath calls the "pharmaceutical cartel", are planning a nuclear war in advance of the 4 November, 2008 elections in the United States. Similar claims are made by Rath in the New York Times and other major newspapers around the world in the form of large advertisements reportedly designed to resemble newspaper editorials.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Quackery or Western-World-Wide Conspiracy ? You be the judge.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

The reduction of cancer risk is not the same as the treatment of cancer. To chose "alternative" or "conventional" treatments is a choice that everyone is entitled to make on their own. I made my choice based on my research. I lived.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join