It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants might get stimulus jobs, experts say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Lets all bitch and moan about this. Close our eyes real tight and hope it all gets better. Oh wait... That's what we always do.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by lucidclouds

You cant be nice to someone who spits in your face and walks all over you.

Sorry, never had anyone spit in my face or walk all over me. I'm sorry for you.

But i'm happy to share with those who need work, especially those who need to support families.

Funny thing is Mexicans have a right to go anywhere they want in America, since they are native to this continent. THEY ARE NATIVES!!!!!! ITS THEIR LAND, NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds

But i'm happy to share with those who need work, especially those who need to support families.

Funny thing is Mexicans have a right to go anywhere they want in America, since they are native to this continent. THEY ARE NATIVES!!!!!! ITS THEIR LAND, NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!

So by your reasoning, since my family is German. I should be able to go to Europe without a passport, work, get a license and not be deported for being there illegally?

or

Just because you are native to a continent doesn't mean you can wander anywhere you want. I can't just stroll into Canada and last I checked I was born here which makes me a native.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

I personally was born here which makes me a native of this country and it's laws and am a legal born citizen. So how does someone born in another country who illegaly violates the laws of this land and the rights of the inhabitants in it, have more rights than me?

lol, ok seriously man you need to step out of your shoes for a minute here.

what laws do you speak of? who created them?

europeans came here, murdered natives and then stuck them into reserves and stole this land. Then they established a system of law where they catch murderers and thieves when this very land was aqcuired through murder and thievery.

the establishement of this system of law itself is illegal.

so just to play devil's advocate, let me be clear, just to play devils advocate, i can understand why they don't care about your laws, and why should they?

they are native to this continent as someone mentioned, and invaders came here, put a system of law into place, and they can't get in this land and have to abide by this law set by invaders?

secondly stop generalizing, not all illegal immigrants are criminals man

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ok, they dont care about our laws...Lets not help them out. Why should we? We dont have to do a god damn thing, we can just look over the border and watch them kill eachother off if we really wanted to.
If they fixed their own govt. they wouldbnt have any urge to cross the border. And I say this again, its really funny that you can sit back and talk about the immigration problem and how 'horrible' we are acting against it when you arent dealing with it yourself.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

If they fixed their own govt.?
LOL as if you have a model one?
how about fixing your own before speaking of others

secondly your post has no points, just full of blind hate
hate because you say who cares about humans beings
and blind because you think you live a the greatest country LOL

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Note:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Civility is an expectation on these boards.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Mexicans are not Native Americans, they are Europeans, Spaniards more precisely, descendants of the conquistadors. Their ancestors were far more brutal to the native Americans than the ancestors of Northern Americans. The U.S. and Canada are first world nations with immigrants from all over the world, while the Latin American nations remain mired in poverty, and primarily Spanish or Portuguese, or the descendants of African slaves. Latin American nations are poor, because their governments are far more corrupt than the U.S. or Canada, and they always were, which is why they have yet to prosper.

People who claim that Mexicans have some ancestorial rights know nothing about history. You might want to look up the Zapatista revolution not too long ago. They want their independence, their own nation, but they expect to be able to go to the U.S. and mess up our country as badly as their own countries are messed. Oh, and they guard their southern borders more closely than we do.

At least try and get a grasp on history.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
They are native to this continent as someone mentioned,

Do you have any proof of who was actually the original inhabitants of this land?

and invaders came here, put a system of law into place, and they can't get in this land and have to abide by this law set by invaders?

You are also in their native land. Canada is part of north American continent, so your ancestors are also responsible.

I am NATIVE of this land also. I was born here (N-A-T-I-V-E).

secondly stop generalizing, not all illegal immigrants are criminals man

They're doing exactly what the government does. Rob us of our hard earned money and services. Though I'm sure the numbers on this website are actually much lower than the reality of it.

You actually have the audacity to open your mouth about generalizing. You literally accused all Caucasian European ancestors of murdering and robbing this land from the natives.

Extremely Generalizing Quote, Originally Posted by ModernAcedemia, Yet he ACCUSES me of Generalizing

Whether you want to remember or not, whether you think it's currently important or not all white Caucasians in North America are the sons and daughters of not only illegal immigrants but crusaders that came here with Genocide as their passports.

So the logic where, your grandfathers crusaded over here, then killed, raped, murdered the natives and then stuck the rest of them in 'reservations'

I have proof on the registry in Ellis Island of where my European ancestors came from and when. From Ireland, Scotland and Italy in the late 1890’s -1900’s to be exact. They had absolutely NOTHING to do with the genocide you speak of!!!

So your False, GENERALIZING accusation is proven wrong.

Answer a question for me. Since you have studied the Problem and feel like such an expert…… “How should the problem be resolved?” ……….. That’s all I want to know. I don’t want your personal opinion or your accusations of partial on sided truths. Just the answer………… “How should the problem be resolved?”

One more question if you don’t mind. What is your ethnicity?Native Canadian?

This is to break down the facts of the immigration issue and why it would never work.

Video Compliments of drummerroy39

[edit on 10/3/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Really, Mexicans are natives? I was under the impression most "Mexicans' people meet are descendants from Spanish conquers. Or, are you referring to indigenous populations of Mexico?

America is a land of borders and laws. Only American citizens and those with legal visas have a right to be here.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ok, I dont know what I said that was hateful or threatening.
they took 1000 points from me, boo-hoo.
Modern, since you didnt see my last post,
I will try to re-post what I said in a different way this time so
it will 'please' everyone. Lord knows I dont want points taken away.

We have to deal with these problems everyday, you dont.
We might as well just let them fight each other over their countries problems. If they had their govt under control, then they wouldnt be flocking here trying to take advantage off of us.
If you have ever been to parts of Mexico such as Tiawana then you would understand how bad they really s*^k at governing their own people.
Does that make it our responsibility to house, feed, and educate them?
Does it make us Less Humane not to do these things?
If they really cared about Americans, and America, then they wouldnt be doing these things. Since they dont care about our laws(as you stated)
then we shouldnt interfere in theirs.
They are not our responsibility. We are not their moms and dads.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks Revealation for posting the gumball video. I love that video! Now there is some common sense!!

All I ever see in threads about illegals is bickering back and forth and neither side will back down. I mean how is it that some people do not comprehend the word illegal? How is it that some people cannot comprehend common sense? Does it make sense that millions of illegals are here demanding amnesty when millions of legal citizens cannot find employment? Does it make sense that illegals are getting handouts when legal citizens are not? Seems pretty clear to me. Of course that's just my opinion and no one will change it. Too many of us have been affected by this situation in one way or another.

Too many legals citizens being turned away from jobs they deserve and are entitled to, too many people struggling financially while their illegal neighbors are on welfare and getting free medical and food stamps and subsidized housing etc. Too many children being raped and abused by illegals, too many people being murdered, too many violent gangs.

I'm sick of the whole thing! And for god's sake, if all other races can learn english, why must we cater to just spanish? And how dare they push themselves ahead of all the people who have come here and are going through the proper channels? How is that right? How is that fair?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Excellent video, thanks. This is the clear reason immigration needs to be brought back under control. World population growth is another reason why I am not into these world charity funds. I feel sorry for children living in such poverty, but send money only increases the numbers of children living in such poverty.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If you guys look up the text of the bill you will see there is a provision pertaining to non immigrants who have no legal status in our country.

And if you look up information on E-Verify you will see that in 2007 an Independent study showed that there is a flaw in the system.

The only thing driving this thread is the word illegal immigrants.

Did illegals immigrants allow the high paying jobs to leave the US?

Did the illegal immigrants spend trillions of dollars?

Maybe people ought to start thinking why politicians want you to concentrate on illegal immigrants so much?

Could it be that while your busy looking where the politicians tell you to, the politicians are sticking it to you left and right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

yeah. It makes total sense when broken down. There's no possible way a single country can sustain and care for everyone. It's like a cruise liner sinking and all the passengers jump on one life boat. It didn't work on the Titanic and won't work in America.

Fact is it's their own countries and people lack of compassion and negligence of why their in their current circumstance but modern Acedemia wants to blame Americans and Europeans.

He claims to know and have studied the problem yet offers no solution. Just accusations which insinuate racial dislike.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You're right. They have used race and religion since the beginning of time to keep the masses at odds and from making the connection, and this is the only reason they remain in power.

Also why they put Obama in office and have everyone watching reality shows. Everyone claims to give a damn but sits on their cans doing nothing. they all expect to reap the benefits of everyone elses labor.

Again I ask for solutions because as far as I know the only thing (sadly) which ever gets attention is quantities of people to instill fear. All the letters and protests do nothing unless in mass numbers.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The land may have been forcebaly taken, but the money was not. The money is what we have earned and created and nearly killed ourselves for.Americans work harder for their money then anyone else, and we pay dearly for it with shortened life spans and broken families.

You see the immigrants standing in line for handouts, not to enroll in the military. They are not paying for the police or firefighters, the landfills, and all the other benefits they take, jacking health costs sky high.From the money we have earned and no one else.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

Americans work harder???? Are you serious?

Is that why corporations outsource their jobs to other countries? These people work in environments with very difficult and dangerous conditions. For how much? Next to nothing. Want to know where? Look at the tag of your shirt.

Yes, the average American works 400 hours more a year then any other industrialized nation. And we don't cheat on the numbers by including business vacations and dinners as working hours. We have less vacation time and days off then any other nation. We average 12. That is if your lucky. The next lowest? France with 25. Our average maternity leave? 12 weeks. Just barely long enough to get over the cesarean section.

Anyone can work for under minimum wage if they didn't have to pay for their own education and healthcare and only wanted to live in a grass hut.
That is also why we have developed child labor laws. Instead, these companies import labor or export it to countries where people don't have to pay a fortune, roughly a house worth in some areas, for education, and with lower inflation, and get paid far less.
The only mistake Americans make is continually to support the companies that insist on this practice.

You see immigrants standing in line for handouts, I see them standing outside of home depot at 5:00 in the morning trying to get work. Funny thing is I don't see any unemployed Americans who are "paying dearly for their hard work" standing there.

Yea, because they can't get legal jobs.

I also don't see them getting in line to fight in the military either.

Despite what your personal views are, and the level of maturity, American's money is still American's money. And to illegally drain the resources of another socity is theft. Period.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Directed at those of you who seem to think Mexicans are "entitled":

Whether you like it or not, it is the United States' land now. You can't run around screaming about how the natives were displaced; honestly it's not relevant in this day and age. The game has changed. You're born in a country, where you were born governs your nationality. If you want to live in a different country, you submit an application to that nation. You don't get to claim a free ride because your ancestors happened to be displaced. You, as an individual, were not displaced, you were born in your own country.

Illegal immigrants are foreign invaders and should be treated as such.

If you want to work and get benefits from the USA, you apply and become a citizen. I have no sympathy for illegals. I have several new family members who have had to wait for over a year to come live in Canada, but they went through the process and now they're here. Get in line like everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join