It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate 'denial' is now a mental disorder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Climate 'denial' is now a mental disorder

www.telegraph.co.uk

Even Drayson is outbid, however, by the groupies in The Guardian, who now suggest that people like Christopher Booker should no longer be compared to "Holocaust deniers" but consigned to even more outer darkness by branding them as climate "Creationists", the dirtiest word they know. Meanwhile at the University of the West of England in Bristol this weekend, a conference of "eco-psychologists", led by a professor, are solemnly exploring the notion that "climate change denial" should be classified as a form of "mental disorder".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So first CT'ers were mentally ill, not it's the turn of the "deniers" of climate change.

I guess that means I am in need of urgent psychiatric help.

really though, these people will stop at nothing to push their agenda onto us.

This is an agenda first foisted on us by Al Gore and his chief acolyte jim Hansen, who of course have nothing to gain by making us all buy carbon credits.

I constantly ask myself why these people won't allow proper debate, why they fudge figures and why they don't want us to know they are making massive amounts of money from this.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no concensus that AGW is real - they are just the ones who shout loudest and smear people who don't buy into the new religion that is AGW.

Since the wording has now changed to "climate change" (in other words, weather) the hysteria has become even more pronounced, with this article and attempted smear just being the latest in a long, long list.

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well of course climate change is real, and anyone * ANYONE * who denies that absolutely must be in need of professional medical help. Just look at the facts: Yesterday was sunny, today it's raining. See? It changed. Who would've thought, ey?

Oh, you mean the other type of "change"... jeez. I can't believe we're financing this rubbish.

Sarcastically, M.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Oh dear, how dare you challenge the paradigm!

I personally think the Holocaust has been played up, I believe all religions should be banned in public and I have serious doubts about capitalism.

I must be utterly mental.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
does this mean i will get benifits?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Climate change is an undeniable reality. Deniers of climate change generally are heavily endoctrinated americans, generally people who are Israel supporters or also believe Saddam Hussein had nuclear weapons etc.. Those people do indeed have a psychotic condition.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by ergoli]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
does this mean i will get benifits?

I can just see it now in the DSM-V there will be an entry

ATS Style Paranoid Personallity Disorder Undefined

--- Person who suffers from this disorder claims to be truth searching but in reality is just afraid of real change. Thorazine reccomended.

So as far as I'm concerned, bring on the SSDI, cos I suffer greatly from this

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Climate change is a state of mind - an unstable mind.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well I guess the next thing will be to round up all the non-believers and send them away for reeducation to cure this terrible mental illness.

Coming to America the cap and trade system... Yea !!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yeah the climate is changing but it isn't by us! Can't wait for al gore to be debunked like the idiot him and his wife is.

I'd rather be mentally ill than challenged! Like you Al Gore!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Climate change denial is more than a mental disorder it is sociopathological.

It is without doubt first on my list of profoundly intellectually debilitated, followed by creationists which are only slightly worse off than anyone believing in any form of organised religion.

Once again, I have no problem with people believing absolutely absurd things so long as they keep them well and truly to themselves and do not attempt to infect anyone else with their asinine waywardness.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When the heat of summer finally arrives can we start calling it global warming again?

It's confusing cycling between global warming and climate change.

BTW, its cold and snowing where I am today.. March something?

Please, send some global warming to my region if you can, I am sick of being in bone chilling cold weather.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The original news story is actually an opinion piece by Christopher Booker (a journalist who thinks he's always right about everything) - and contains barely an accurate statement within it. It's all misunderstanding, misinterpretation or deliberately giving only part of the story.

Folk on ATS ought to know better: never, ever, believe anything you read in the media

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
it should be a mental disorder...if you cant see the world is changing then you have blindness of the mind.....

now..man-made climate change...thats other thing....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I always thought there was something wrong with me...now it's confirmed.

I'm off the wall crazy for not buying into the hysteria that humans are destroying the earth with our loud cars and noxious bodily emissions.

And I must be completely insane for not believing that paying more taxes to the government will atone for these sins.

Help me please!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Idiots.

They couldn't prove that man caused global warming because it is a perpetual cycle of change. Now they say that anyone who denies climate change is insane?

Just who is really insane here?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I always thought there was something wrong with me...now it's confirmed.

I'm off the wall crazy for not buying into the hysteria that humans are destroying the earth with our loud cars and noxious bodily emissions.

And I must be completely insane for not believing that paying more taxes to the government will atone for these sins.

Help me please!

Sorry, you have at best only a very mild case and should soon be fit to return to work within a day or two.

The symptoms of Chronic Climate Change Denial including refuting any suggestion that the climate has changed, that CO2 levels are rising and in any case they certainly aren't doing so due to humans and it absolutely doesn't matter what we do because humans are brill! We're the kings of the world and can burn every tree on the planet if we want and it still won't cause climate change. Oh, and if only people stopped believing in AGW there'd be much lower taxes, no recession and peace on Earth .......

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, it seems interesting that an organization like the CATO Institute would host a forum to propagate this 'sickness'

Climate of Extremes: Global Warming Science They Don’t Want You to Know

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

According to the link in your thread:

In recent years, an internally consistent body of scientific literature has emerged that argues cogently for global warming but against the gloom-and-doom, apocalyptic vision of climate change

Can't argue with that

On the one hand we have the likes of Booker denying the science and spreading mistruths to imply nothing is happening or its all a conspiracy to raise taxes; on the other we have former politicians and authors like Gore denying the science and spreading mistruth to imply we're all going to drown or fry ......

Both as ill as each other!

The truth, as always, lies in between.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

That has been my position from the start. Opportunists and their disgruntled enemies playing the extremes for profit and fun.

Do we have a problem? - of course, you'd have to be blind not to notice; are we all going to die ? Well, eventually yes - but it is much more likely that we will kill ourselves than anything else.

Still, I am tagged as a denyer, because I refuse to accept the notion that creating a new 'artifica'l revenue stream based on carbon-credits will do anything other than make some rich opportunists richer.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Maxmars]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join