It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO2 levels thinning out ocean life: study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

CO2 levels thinning out ocean life: study

au.news.yahoo.com

There is alarming evidence that increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere are harming ocean-based animal life.

When CO2 enters the atmosphere it is absorbed by the ocean, causing increased acidity in the water.

A new study has found a link between this process and a decrease in the shell-making ability of microscopic marine organisms.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It's daunting to sea the effects of global warming and CO2 emissions are having such a dramatic effect yet on such a small scale.
its first it will be the crustaceans then it will be the fish and then the mammals. the ocean will become a sulfur dioxide bath. deep down where there is no sunlight there will be no life left at all.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Have a glance at this article that came out in 2004.

www.coml.org...

Sulphur based life forms found in the pacific ocean. Makes you wonder as we are carbon based and it also proves that the ocean will still have life in it even if it is a sulphur dioxide bath.

This is the very reason that I do not believe in the global warming theory being caused by man. It is a natural cycle in my opinion and global warming is being preached to take more of whats left of hard earned money through falsly justified tax increases etc.

Even if man is causing it, it is perfectly natural as we consist of minerals from this very planet, how can something be unnatural or do something that is not natural if it is the same thing as nature?

[edit on 9-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Who is in charge of this study I wonder?

Considering Al Gore is a huge fabricator and most of the basis of back up on this study is just a political ideology, you may want to research this one before just swallowing this claim that it is Carbon emissions from humans causing global warming.

Oh yeah, and the largest number of CO2 Emissions originate from none other than THE OCEAN.

This is a blatant lie. You would be better off blaming anything else for the climate change.

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Why does everyone count out that it could be the suns activity that has such a huge impact on the earth? We wouldn't BE without that you know.

I'm no scientist but I'm sure a spike in the sun's activity would spike the same activity here on earth.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What about all the trash we throw in the ocean? Why don't we clean that up first?

Millions Of Pounds Of Trash Found On Ocean Beaches

"Trash in the ocean kills more than one million seabirds and 100,000 marine mammals and turtles each year through ingestion and entanglement. (Credit: NOAA)"

new topics

top topics

join