It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico morgues crowded with mounting drug-war dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Story

I know that many of you have already heard or read about the escalating "drug-wars" in Mexico, from main-stream-media and the internet, and people talking.

But this story really gave me the chills, because it quotes Dr. Maria Concepceon Molina, one of the morgue pathologists, describing in graphic detail her over-whelming task of cataloging & photographing multiple injuries, including decapitation, gunshots, stab wounds, broken bones, severe bruises, etc... amounting to torture as the cause of death in many cases.

Then, trying to identify these persons, and making the information available to family members.

I guess people kill eachother in horrific ways, always have, and probably always will...but down in Mexico, murder seems to be meaner, more brutal, more frequent, and definitely more evil. Is it ALL ABOUT DRUGS? Most likely, for right now;

BUT, the article also mentions over 400 women found raped & murdered there since 1993!!! (The Women of Juarez). That's way too many victims to attribute to one individual...and way too many for police not to take notice of earlier on, and do something to proactively catch those responsible; thereby making me suspect their involvement in a conspiracy! Since police involvement is already openly reported in Mexico's drug-wars there.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
the number 400 women raped and murdered is a bit dated..
they were over 500 before things blew up and the DA there was murdered in his car...

did you know the FBI was asked to help? many of the recovered bodies were Caucasian and they think came from our side of the border.. never did hear how that turned out as shortly after things got very bad in Juarez 500 killed on the streets in like one month

when you live only two hours away from there it made our local new all the time.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That I have never heard, do you have a link about how many of the bodies were believed to be those of American women. It would explain all those female college students who go to Mexico on Spring Break and disappear off the face of the Earth as if they never existed. At last count I believe it was about 100 missing female students plus about 30 or so missing male students.

In some cases, private investigators hired by the families would find their rental cars in police impound lots and the cops would claim they have no clue how they got their or they would find property (ex. cell phones, customized necklaces and bracelets, etc) in evidence lockers and get the same response. Even the Mexican Federal Police and the Federal Investigations Agency don't seem to want to help.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Here's a little news blip on one of the prime suspects in the case... when you read this remember he was operating within the US not down in Mexico

In custody Maturino RÈsendez was charged with allegedly bludgeoned to death nine people. Most of the attacks occurred in the homes of the victims located near the same railway lines he used to travel from state to state. His murderous rampage spanned from Texas to Kentucky, Illinois His alleged rampage started August 29, 1997, with the slaying of a 21-year-old college student in Kentucky who was attacked while walking with his girlfriend along railroad tracks. The rest of the killings occurred between September 1998 and June 15, 1999. His last two victims were a 79-year-old man and his 51-year-old daughter who were found dead in their home in Gorham, Illinois, near the train tracks. Fearing the Mexican government would block the suspect's extradition if he could be handed the death penalty, Texan authorities waited to charge RÈsendez with any killings until he was in custody in the U.S. If convicted as a serial killer in Texas, Maturino RÈsendez is likely to receive death by lethal injection. Because of his familial links to Juarez and the brutality of his murders, the rail-hopping hobo is being looked at as a suspect in at least some of the Juarez killings. All other characteristics of his alleged murders and his victim profiles make him a highly unlikely suspect in a majority of the unsolved Juarez cases.

but as I said before I think this was dropped due to even bigger problems down there but what they thought was he may have been bringing victims back to hide their bodies... so these folks didn't even have to be in Mexico

[edit on 9-3-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Originally posted by DaddyBare

400 women raped and murdered is a bit dated..the DA there was murdered in his car...

Thanks, DadB, Star!

Yeah, dated but no less horrifying! I didn't know about the DA. But if the theory about these murders being related to Juarez drug cartels, and wealthy prominent citizens in a book by Diana Washington Valdez called: Harvest of Women has any truth to it, then it wouldn't be a far stretch to imagine that DA getting killed for, maybe, a sudden call to conscience!
Wealthy Drug Lords Behind Scores of Murdered Girls?
A spine-tingling tale of trafficking by these rich people & drug lords using the missing girls at their orgy parties, murdering them, and dumping their bodies.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Watch this carefully, folks, for this drug war will spill over the border, and Americans will have to fight it. Two things come to mind....Americans want dope,and the dealers are going to supply that dope. Nothing is going to stop them, save a de-criminalization of the dope,and they are not about to do that, too much money to be made!

Also, the rise on gun crimes is part of an agenda to criminalize guns, so TPTB have a reason to take them from us. I have heard of a Federal Law that will test every gun owner, and look at his/her medical records to see if they are mentally ill, and the mentally ill cannot have a gun. Better hope you didn't get depressed in high school. Even Iraq war soldiers cannot have guns, they are sick from the war, it seems.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

You guys do know its not just the Mexican drug cartels anymore right?
Because so much pressure was put on the border crossing others like the Russian Mafia and Asian Gangs were quick to step in and fill the void.

It would be a big mistake to think all dealers will great you by saying Hola, some will say Здравствулте!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

There are also reports of Hezbollah taking advantage of the porous US-Mexico border.

I fear this is going to come down to a war, and one side is going to have to fight the Mexican government, the criminal organizations on both sides of the border, and the US federal government (let's face it, I think we all know what side they are really on - and it's not the same side as the American people) all at once. I pray that something can be done to make this whole issue just go away because if it dosent then a whole lot of people are going to die and even more lives will be forever impacted.

new topics

top topics

join