It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Pumpkins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Anyone else get the gardening bug yet?
I have decided to grow a giant pumpkin this year.
I have pretty good luck and some knoldge about plants so I figured why not give it a shot.

Anyone else tried this? Anyone know any good fertilizer mixes to use to grow giant pumpkins? I am thinking about trying this with tomatoes.

Here are some pics and links if anyone else intrested in growing stuff would like to try.

Growing Giant Fruit and Veg

1385 ibs

1458 lbs

www.pumpkinnook.com...

There is a link on that page to a pumpkin that weighed in at 2715 ibs but the link is dead. Ill have to look for the pic and post it if I find it.

More Giant Links
www.backyardgardener.com...

www.bigpumpkins.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well holy living # that is a big pumpkin...must make for one hell of a Jack-O-Lantern

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ive grown beans and potatoes, haveing a go at herbs and onion this time round look on the net for fertilizer mix

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wanted to start a vegetable garden w/ tomats, lettuce, peppers, onions, carrots, and potatos...

I also want to grow fruit, but I don't know how........

If you got good links hook me up a few, i'd love to research that.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here is a link for starters.
www.garden.org...

Around here the damn rabits are plentifull and it's going to be a war keeping them from eating my stuff. I like little animals but not when they are eating my plants. Last year I invested in a little low power B-B gun that I will use to put a little sting on the rabbits azz. If that don't work I'll simply just have to feed them to my dog.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Why is this couple smiling?
Yeah lady, we all know exactly whats on your mind

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't know if I could do the veggie garden thing since I took my beautiful plants out to get some sun and ended up SUNBURNING them!
THey were indoor plants, so they burned... But they really flourished... but got sunburned..:shk:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I don't know if I could do the veggie garden thing since I took my beautiful plants out to get some sun and ended up SUNBURNING them!
THey were indoor plants, so they burned... But they really flourished... but got sunburned..:shk:

It was in a regenative state plus even tho they got sunburned the sunlight benifited them. If you have a shady spot I'd suggest using it . Inderect sunlight works just as well. Houseplants like fresh air too.

I have all my seedlings under growlights right now. I plan on planting on May 1. At any local hardware store they usually sell "grow lights" that will screw in to a regular lamp (they are not very good as I'd suggest florescent (sp?) overhead lights). Your plants can benifit from those also if your home gets no good sun exposure. I have Orchids which I'm working on cross polinating to see what kind of cool hybrids I can create.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So you mean to tell me they won't die???
I would be so happy if they wouldn't... I love em to death! Calming down.....

I have plenty of sunlight in my house but I like taking them to get some sun and fresh air... They really flourished when I took em out, but got a little toasty.

Tell me about these seedlings, do they actually work?
I always buy fresh plants that are half grown because I know they have potential to grow more...

top topics

join