It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Person Photographed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
That just screams Fake in my opinion. For two reasons:
1) The form is too well defined to be a shadow person.
2) Its THE SUN for Pete's sake!

Good find all the same... I still love looking at this stuff.

I agree and plus why would someone take a picture of that specific spot?

Something isn't right about this story.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It looks to me like a photo of a cardboard cutout, then taken into Photoshop, opacity lowered, and superimposed on the background image. Nothing special about this one at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
its looks fake to me, someon one with photoshop skills can do that fairly easily.

and by the way, this may sound dumb but what kind of news source is "The Sun"? cause it doesn't look like its a serious news site.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Most, if not all, digital compacts (like the one used in the story) can't do multiple exposures. Some newer Nikon DSLRs do though. AFAIK there's no real utility in doing in the camera because it can as easily be done better with layers in photo editing software, so it's a bit of a sales gimmick (unless there's some purpose I'm unaware of).

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Thanks, I didn't knew about that (strange) option.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondax

i did say in the OP the The Sun is a Dodgy Tabloid. This was my attempt to warn readers that there was every chance that the photo source could be questionable.

I did think that it was a photo worth talking about... and i'm glad it has triggered some discussion, and in most cases dismissed straight away.

Cheers for reply.

Walrus

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The photographer is also unemployed. Selling a duff picture to a gullible tabloid to dish out to the gullible readership, is a great way to make cash in the current economic climate.

I think ATS members should attempt to get a stories in The Sun, to see just what we could get away with!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
The photographer is also unemployed. Selling a duff picture to a gullible tabloid to dish out to the gullible readership, is a great way to make cash in the current economic climate.

I think ATS members should attempt to get a stories in The Sun, to see just what we could get away with!

Great idea...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

reply to post by virraszto

Do you think there are any shadow ladies? Why always men? Perhaps because you're female? Are you sure it's not an incubus you've been seeing?

IRM

[edit on 9/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

I have no idea if there are shadow women or not. I've only seen the man. I've seen him three times now, and my daughter has seen him once, by herself. I don't think its an incubus. I've seen him in the daylight, outside. My daughter saw him outside. And I've seen him twice in the dark, once in my bedroom, and once in the living room.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by walrus

what appears to be a good quality photograph of a shadow person (or 'Predator').

Wow...

I just found another amazing picture of the 'shadow person'..!

And this time he's trying to hide in the grass..!!

You can't hide from us mr. shadow person..!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the first sentence in the article says.

Unsuspecting Colin Foster, 34, aimed his new digital camera at the winter scenery during a trip earlier this year

Ok, so where is the "Winter Scenery" in that picture?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As mentioned with Photoshop, it is not too complicated to slap a layer of a person over the original photo and play with opacity, contrast, filters, levels, etc. to make it blend almost seamlessly into the original photo. It is not a very good fake because the shadow figure is a bit too pronounced and obvious.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
although I don't believe that to be a real picture of a shadow person I can say that some of the posters are wrong.

To all the people out there who say that a shadow person isn't as defined as the guy in that photo. Hogwash! From my personal experience there are two types of shadow people.
1. human shaped although sometimes just abstract shapes all roughly the size of a small person or kid. these range from a simple shadow in depthness of the black to blacker than black. they are quick moving like to dart around, don't want to be seen or at least not that often, but sometimes if cornered or thinks it's hiding well enough will stay in a corner and watch you. these types for some reason don't like to be seen and will hide in unused parts of the house or be in rooms that one is not in at the time. you can catch them out in the open by suddenly going into one of those neglected rooms sometimes. they seem fairly benign although mischievous in their disposition (the whole hide or stay in ones peripheral vision thing.

2. the second type does indeed look like the guy in the photo. although blacker than black. more like a void of light. but it is completely defined. you can make out it's contours when it moves as if it's 3d but it's s black that the front looks almost 2d. the contours are only obvious because it manifests in such high contrast and resolution. These guys are 6 feet tall. muscular, look like they are wearing a skin tight black body suit from head to toe, and re very intelligent. they are almost confrontational. are not afraid of humans and will walk right in front of you. stop to look at you just like the guy in the photo, take notice of you, ponder, than keep going on to do whatever it was here doing. if it weren't for the lightness of the guy in the [picture I would say it was dead on.

But I still agree that the photo is a fake.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Okay Who leaked the fake picture that Grant from ghost hunters was going to use as evidence for the first show of the new season to keep the ratings up!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

2. the second type does indeed look like the guy in the photo. although blacker than black. more like a void of light. but it is completely defined. you can make out it's contours when it moves as if it's 3d but it's s black that the front looks almost 2d. the contours are only obvious because it manifests in such high contrast and resolution. These guys are 6 feet tall. muscular, look like they are wearing a skin tight black body suit from head to toe, and re very intelligent. they are almost confrontational. are not afraid of humans and will walk right in front of you. stop to look at you just like the guy in the photo, take notice of you, ponder, than keep going on to do whatever it was here doing. if it weren't for the lightness of the guy in the [picture I would say it was dead on.

But I still agree that the photo is a fake.

I think your description of a shadow man is perfect----except the one I saw was wearing clothes, a long jacket, and a hat. But I could still see the folds in the clothes and the way they moved as he moved.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
yeah my cusin and I in the same place (house) where I saw the second type of shadow man - who was basically in my back yard illuminated under the flood light,35 feet from my bedroom-saw a shadow man seemingly wearing a cloak with a hood in the corner of my bedroom. my cousin saw it first (had no knowledge of previous sighting) brought my attention to it. We both watched it for about 15 to 20 minutes as it just stood there in the corner looking back out at us. it then simply wasn't there anymore. but had folds in it's cloak/hood thing. this guy was maybe 5 feet 5 and a half tall. Saw him about 6 months after the bigger more mobile guy out side in the back yard.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Shadow People - Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

Though I'm not saying shadow people do not exist - I cannot prove that, I wish to show you just how easy it is to replicate a shadow person. This took me all of 3 minutes in Photoshop. I just goes to show, don't trust everything you see, or use it as validation for your own experiences. You may risk cheapening them.

The original shadow person is in the red circle. My whack-up job is in the blue circle. Not much difference huh!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bcacbd27414.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm not skeptical of the phenomena, I'm skeptical of people!

IRM

[edit on 11/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
invisibility cloak?

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Nice job!

I think that you should get some free-lance work for 'The Sun', atleast your 'shadow person' looks more believable.

Maybe we'll see your version in 'The Sun' with the circles removed and the heading... 'Shadow people plague!".

Hope you get a commision for your work though...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

LOL! Thanks fox_3000au! You never know with "The Sun". Actually I could use some commissions right now!!! Times are pretty rough in Marketing & Design atm... I can tell you! Perhaps I should start a "Shadow People" website with a similar concept to "Where's Wally"?

IRM

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join