It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why argue if theres a god or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
People of this rock, we need to come together and deal with the situation at hand, helping each other and making this a better  place

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I agree, its pretty silly to debate something like this because you cant prove that god doesn't exist its not possible.

One thing that has gotten me far in life is to realize that if I cant change the outcome of something then I don't apply energy towards it. I have a million other things that rank higher on my list then trying to budge something that cant be.

As a move with a giant blue wang illustrated, earth is pretty silly because its filled with amazing people and amazing things yet it takes tragedy and near destruction for us to harness this ability and work together.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by notyme67
People of this rock, we need to come together and deal with the situation at hand, helping each other and making this a better  place

Why argue if theres a god or not?

You know what? I wonder about the same thing. I have yet to see if people will stop arguing (waging war) altogether and look right underneath their noses for the answers to this planet's woes.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Yeah, one big circle

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I don't think we'll ever figure it out, everyone is toooo arrogant to be become humble

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Why argue? Because it's ridiculous to think that out of all possible gods, the Hebrew god is the only one.

I don't condone any type of religion. I find that Atheism should be called a religion. I choose to call myself agnostic for the sake of making other people shut up. When truly thinking about my religion, I don't want to have a name for it at all. I don't know if there is a god, or 50 gods, or zero gods. I don't know, I don't pretend to know. The best part, which is why im in this thread, is because I don't care if there are gods or not. Without religion there would be a lot less wars. Religion has never stopped a war, though it has started many.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Good point on how many god's there may be or not. Because, we don,t know for sure

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the replies so far, S&f to all of you!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I agree. You cannot provide concrete evidence for the existence or non-existence of God or some other Ultimate Reality (UR). However, I still feel questions should be asked about the plausibility of whether an UR exists or not. There are damning questions which cannot be answered truthfully or accurately on both sides of the issue.

For example, if God does exist, then why does God allow evil to exist and people to suffer? Why does God create humans with the ability to carry out evil and give them free will if they will end up hurting many others?

On the other side, if no God exists then where do things such as water, gas and iron come from? How can something be created from nothing in the physical world?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

That is the point of this post

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Because debate is normal and healthy for humans with opposing view points,if people didn't debate our minds and culture would remain stagnant...funny religious logic pic

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yes and no, you showed 2 diff pics, I feel you, becuse people look at things differently

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by notyme67

Why not apply this to "why argue over political beliefs".
"why argue over economics".
"why argue over who was on which bit of land first".
"why argue over science tellings us about pollution and CO2".
"why argue over religion".

Its in times of uncertaintty that people will turn to all of the above for answers.
The problem is, there seems to be so many answers beng offered, we end up arguing.
I agree though, we need to unite.
But hey if we all act as one, people argue that thats what the NWO wants and we are all sheep.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This reminds me of talking to a Mason

He told me at their meetings, they don't talk about Religion or politics

I asked "Then what the hell do you talk about?!"

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Because debate is normal and healthy for humans with opposing view points,if people didn't debate our minds and culture would remain stagnant...funny religious logic pic

Debate is healthy, but sadly a very small percent of the population actually knows how to "debate", the rest only know how to enrage the masses and use violence as their form of "debate" ultimately leading to the social destruction that is War.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Let me settle this for now and alltime:

There is a god and there isn't.

Final Answer.

new topics

top topics

join