It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War as a solution to economic depression

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

War makes money.

Only for the select few. The rest..get bullets to the head and blown to pieces in the streets of cities and villages.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience
War does not stimulate the economy.

Obsidience

Sure it does. Who do you think makes the machinery of war, the armour, ammunition, bombs, equipment, uniforms, MREs...?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
from the time I originally posted this thread, I believe that some kind of a war will eventually be used to solve the economic chaos that is ever closer to collapsing the US. The FED is running out of options, and needs a diversion to the nightmare of dealing with a crsis that has fewer and fewer workable solutions.

If civil unrest starts from a buildup of discontent from the continued misuse of our tax dollars, I could easily see "something" happening as a diversion from the problem. Could this be a war of some kind, other than what we now have, your guess is as good as mine...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think it's already happening. One of my personal beliefs is that this is one of the reasons the USA went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Think of all the defense contractors, the companies that make weapons, ammo, vehicles, and other military supplies. They must be raking in the money. Granted, those are not world wars, but it's one of the reasons I think that Iran or North Korea will be attacked eventually. I would have said Iran in GWB's presidency, but Obama seems to be trying to smooth things over with Iran, so I'd be more inclined to say North Korea is next, now.

The past two world wars saw massive economic growth because of this. However, the first world war was then followed by... wait for it... the Great Depression. Then WWII jacks up the economy again. I'm not too familiar with financial history after that, but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in there (maybe around the Vietnam War) there was another recession or danger of one.

If you are a completely immoral, sadistic murderer in charge of things, then war is a good way to keep the economy moving every couple of decades. Of course, the human cost makes this solution completely unreasonable, but it's still the one I think will be used.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join