It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN TV host says to Ron Paul, "You make to much sense to be a Republican!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
He simply believes that he can Eliminate the Fed, and Pull our Military out of all Foreign Positions, and yet somehow, everything will still be Fine and Dandy. This is an extremely Naive view of the World.

As opposed to what's happening now?

The economy continues to fall. Employment rates continue to rise. International standoffs continue as nothing much has changed regarding our policy (other than pulling troops from Iraq and placing them in Afghanistan).

You can't say things would be much worse or much better. The only thing you could say for sure is that they'd be DIFFERENT.

I think Ron Paul could have salvaged the economy. When the price of oil can skyrocket because a hurricane MIGHT hit a refinery - I think just WANTING to solidify the value of the dollar by backing it with something would have been enough to ease foreign investors. But, that's just my opinion ... like I said, no one can know anything for sure.

But, a naive view of the world is thinking that dissolving the Federal Reserve would result in anything negative regarding our economy or thinking that bringing our troops home would somehow hurt the U.S.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm an independent and I have to say that I'm really thankful for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul got me to see the light about the Democratic party and their goal to make America a welfare welfare state. I think the government should do something to help the poor but Ron Paul raises lots of points about regulation and about how we should have both personal and economic freedoms.

He helped me in my move to independence.

<< 1   >>

join