It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN TV host says to Ron Paul, "You make to much sense to be a Republican!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As Hughely says in the interview...."You make to much sense to be a Republican!"

The interview doesn't say too much about Limbaugh, although RP says he is not the voice of the Republican party...but the rest of what is talked about is very good.

I loved this interview. RP..showing a little humor? How about that.

He makes some great points in this interview btw.

I have no idea how Hughley aligns himself politically, but is it just me or do democrats actually like RP more than Republicans like him?

I think it's because he rips on Republicans for the craziness of the last 8 years and (gasp) is actually CONSERVATIVE!

I hope this guy stays healthy...he deserves another shot at the big seat.

He will have my vote...that's a long ways away though.

Edit title

[edit on 8-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I really liked this interview. It's amazing how Ron still hasn't changed anything about his vision. He hasn't really said, oh if I just add a little here and take that part away, my message will improve and evolve! Nope his message has stayed the same and it shows his integrity and moral confidence. The other politicians will pander and change the way they answer things.

Ron is himself just as much as he's always been, and people are really starting to like him (I am getting this from word of mouth examples around here as well as this video). Right or wrong just be yourself and speak for what you believe in, he is such an example. 20+ years he has stuck with it. He wants the poor to be better off, he wants to help people, he just doesn't want to run our lives and mandate, he refuses too.

Put this up next to the current politicians who have no real vision. A stimulus package? This word was not even in their vocabulary a year ago, and suddenly it's the answer to all our problems. You see they pander and change and they have no real vision, no ideal to shoot for, just going along with whatever new idea that makes them seem important.

The funny thing to me is that people are mad as hell just like all us Ron Paul supporters were a year ago, it's almost exactly a year. Now I feel as if I am over it, and now everybody else is getting pissed. And the point is not, "see we told you," or "see it happened just like he said it would." The point is that it's been happening all along, and those of us angry a year ago just have a shorter threshold for this sort of tyranny. It's just getting so obvious now, that many more people are noticing and getting mad.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

That's what is amazing to me...democrats/liberals seem to respect him because he stands his ground on every issue...and like the host said...he just makes sense.

I don't understand why Republicans refuse to prop this guy up. They bash the one true conservative in their party....when they should tout him around as the best thing since sliced bread.

Just goes to show you...Republicans are idiots.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
too much sense to be a republican, and too much sense to be a politician, full stop!!!

this guy is on the level. what the hell was mCcain running for last term??!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

this guy is on the level. what the hell was mCcain running for last term??!!

Why was McCain even in the running in the first place?

Look at him now...he's a walking corpse. If he's still ticking in 4 years it will be a miracle.

I didn't vote for him...nor Obama. I was leaning towards McCain...but when I realized he was a sham as well....there was no real choice.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Novise

I don't understand why Republicans refuse to prop this guy up. They bash the one true conservative in their party....when they should tout him around as the best thing since sliced bread.

No, Ron Paul's beliefs just aren't in the best interests of those that bankroll the "Republican" party.

The people who run this country know exactly what they're doing.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Actually McCain's own mother is still ticking at the ripe age of 97.
So if genetics and biology have any part in his life, then he still has a damn long time to be doing whatever.

Edit to add:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-3-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'm just curious, do most Americans know about Rob Paul and if so why aren't they voting for him. I don't understand. If Americans don't know about him and his message then it should be all who knows his message's responsibility to let the rest know. He is the most sane individual in the whole American political arena.

He is actually not a politician in my opinion, he is a leader. Politicians lie and twist the truth for the party's advantage and so on and so forth but this guy, he is truly a worthy candidate.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Why was McCain even in the running in the first place?

Look at him now...he's a walking corpse. If he's still ticking in 4 years it will be a miracle.

In one post you hope Ron Paul is healthy enough to run in 2012, and in the next you say Moderate John McCain is too old to run again.

Did you know that Ron Paul is older than John McCain?

Ron Paul gained a small following from Democrats that like to mess with Republican primaries by voting for the least qualified candidate. He also gained a following from the anti-war zealots.

I'm sure Ron Paul is doing a great job as a Congressional Representative, but that is as far as it goes. If anything Ron Paul could be called a traitor to the third party movement, as I believe he ran for President in 1988 as a Libertarian.

As far as CNN goes...why does a comedian have his own political show? I know they are desperate for ratings, but come on!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

is it just me or do democrats actually like RP more than Republicans like him?

As a very staunch liberal democrat (i know, i know) I have to say YES!
RP stands up for what he believes in and though I may not agree with much of it all, you can always respect the opposition to no end if you know they really are just trying to stand up for the average citizen.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

reply to post by Novise

No, Ron Paul's beliefs just aren't in the best interests of those that bankroll the "Republican" party.

The people who run this country know exactly what they're doing.

And notice what he said at the end of the interview when asked if he was going to run again in 2012. He said he either be running from someone of running for office. Or something to that effect.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Come on David. The man wants to back a currency with something there is insufficent supply to do so(Though it does sound good). What does Ron Paul want to do about the debt? Just write it off? No taxes, no IRS, no Fed. No goverment? Are we just going to cancel everything and tell the rest of the world to screw off but still hold Americans to their own personal debts? I hear what he say, but he jumps to the end result without ever discussing how we are to get there. As good as it sounds you do not want a Ron Paul world.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Did you know that Ron Paul is older than John McCain? Moderate John McCain is too old to run again.

I stated that McCain looked old...I have no idea what his age is. The election took it's toll on him.

Anyway, i should have never posted about McCain anyway...my fault.

If anything Ron Paul could be called a traitor to the third party movement, as I believe he ran for President in 1988 as a Libertarian.

Heh...how many times has a third party one the Presidency? The things you post here are the same thing I hear spewing out of the Republican party on television....you state here in almost every post why they fail.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Come on David. The man wants to back a currency with something there is insufficent supply to do so(Though it does sound good). What does Ron Paul want to do about the debt? Just write it off? No taxes, no IRS, no Fed. No goverment?

First off, he thinks the monetary system is going to collapse unless something changes in the government's spending policies. Do you think it will survive? As for the gold standard, he knows it would be difficult to implement, he's also not even sure how to implement it. He himself has said it would be difficult to do. One thing that is true...every fiat currency in history has failed.

No taxes? Not federally. That is up to the states. The federal government should only have power as stated by the constitution..which is limited. He votes strictly based on the Constitution.

Does that matter to you?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The reason the Republicans do not "Prop Up" Ron Paul is because although he has some good ideas, he is completely clueless on the realities facing us. He simply believes that he can Eliminate the Fed, and Pull our Military out of all Foreign Positions, and yet somehow, everything will still be Fine and Dandy. This is an extremely Naive view of the World.

As for this Interview, well, CNN happens to be full of Clowns.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

I'm just curious, do most Americans know about Rob Paul and if so why aren't they voting for him. I don't understand. If Americans don't know about him and his message then it should be all who knows his message's responsibility to let the rest know. He is the most sane individual in the whole American political arena.

He is actually not a politician in my opinion, he is a leader. Politicians lie and twist the truth for the party's advantage and so on and so forth but this guy, he is truly a worthy candidate.

I would say here at least where I live in the USA (TAMPA), you would have to be in the top 20% in "Political Aptitude" or however you want to put it, to be informed (if that makes any sense)

It's meant to be that way though.. there is a lot of $ involved that makes this so if course..

I mean, if you watched any of the debates here in the USA or any media coverage going into this, you would see that the USA elections are nothing more than a facade

There is a great video, and I have no idea the link, where this guy shows the google trends for ron paul and the media blackout that followed it..its pretty damn interesting..

I followed the elections VERY CLOSELY and it really sucks to say that 80-90% of people in the USA are sheep or people that do know..but just dont care that they are sheep and go WITH THE TRENDS anyways.. its really FU***ING AMAZING brother, seriously

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Wrong.

The reason the Republicans do not "Prop Up" Ron Paul is because although he has some good ideas, he is completely clueless on the realities facing us. He simply believes that he can Eliminate the Fed, and Pull our Military out of all Foreign Positions, and yet somehow, everything will still be Fine and Dandy. This is an extremely Naive view of the World.

As for this Interview, well, CNN happens to be full of Clowns.

I agree about CNN.
I disagree entirely about the stereotypical Republican/Democrat views. I was raised democrat then I matured into Republican. Then matured to Common Sense. Still registered (R) but then this planet is changing so fast.

Only those people from either party with common sense are seeing how wise Ron Paul is... He's a leader but still human. No one really saw him in main stream media all that much because they were so busy scoffing at him, even the 'journalists' poked fun at him. His message hasn't hit the main stream until just recently and the guy makes some good points.
We're already teetering on the verge of global economic dark ages.

So, why not put the fed on the next shuttle launched directly into the sun! Load congress too... the shuttles are old and soon retiring... that would also give hubble or SOHO something to look at and to put in place of reality TV. =)

Yeah, like that. Then we can deal with other countries as valuable neighbors on this earth. Put money back into regular peoples pockets and return to our awesome Constitution. Shared with all...

RE: John McCain ... I didn't see that he really wanted to inherit the economy and he feigned his desire to win. That was obvious. Politicians in office today couldn't make in a regular 'day job' doing something productive. They'd get their butts kicked where I work.

ok done ranting. =P

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It seems many people are changing their views on Ron Paul since the economic crippling of America.

If you remember, Chuck Norris originally endorsed Mike Huckabee as a Presidential Candidate:

It appears though that he may have reconsidered since the election:

Ron Paul was right about the economy and I'm afraid he'll be right about many other things he based his campaign on.

RAND PAUL 2012!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

The reason the Republicans do not "Prop Up" Ron Paul is because although he has some good ideas, he is completely clueless on the realities facing us. He simply believes that he can Eliminate the Fed, and Pull our Military out of all Foreign Positions, and yet somehow, everything will still be Fine and Dandy.

Clueless? Seriously? He's been talking about the mortgage crisis long before it began. He was against the Iraq war...which has proven to find no WMD's. If he were elected...it's not like he'd go in day one and say...ok..this all ends right now!

Of course he can't do that. It will take years to reverse what has been done.

Look around right now....the politicians that have been leading this country have not left our country FINE and DANDY. Out of control spending, debt, and wars.

Cripes...don't you guys think their MIGHT be a problem here?

Neither party advocates not doing these right now...and you think Republicans may come in and save the day when they are still blabbing the same rhetoric they were the last 8 years?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

Come on David. The man wants to back a currency with something there is insufficent supply to do so(Though it does sound good). What does Ron Paul want to do about the debt? Just write it off? No taxes, no IRS, no Fed. No goverment? Are we just going to cancel everything and tell the rest of the world to screw off but still hold Americans to their own personal debts? I hear what he say, but he jumps to the end result without ever discussing how we are to get there. As good as it sounds you do not want a Ron Paul world.

You make me a sad panda to have heard those words. Before you attack the ideas of a man, you should do your own research.

I actuality you would find that most of what Ron Paul has to say is not only common sense, but it probably jives right up your political alley (unless you are just plain greedy, and enjoy our current failure economy.)

Also, Ron Paul also never mentioned a thing about removing "taxes" he said he was going to get rid of the FEDERAL INCOME TAX. Which is just one of thousands you deal with.

The sad part about you not supporting getting rid of the federal income tax, and the IRS. All they are doing is taking roughly a quarter of your yearly earnings and pay off an unnecessary debt that doesn't exist if we used our constitutional powers to print and distribute our own money.

LASTLY. Backing money by JUST gold is impossible yes. But there's other rare and precious substances we can all agree upon for backing. For instance Silver as well

Ron Paul works for you guys, and you all work against him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join