It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(CNN) Ron Paul - We Will Have 56 Military Bases in Iraq 3/7/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
DL Hughley/CNN Interview with Ron Paul 3/7/09

56 Military bases in Iraq and we are trying to promote peace?

I also remember a thread here on ATS about disney making a amusement park in Iraq near the green zone, typical colonial behavior.

But I believe that peace is becoming more and more and more impossible right now.

I mean how much anger will this create amongst the muslim community.
this is like installing another shah of iran all over again.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If this is true...

Then there will be no change.

I've jumped ship from the Democrat leadership and I've become an independent. I'm sick of the way the elite are playing with us.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Most of the 56 "bases" are very small patrol bases and outposts, or joint manned Iraqi police stations, with platoon or squad sized elements.

But yes, there are still some large bases like Victory Base complex and Balad with thousands of troops.

And there are some like the FOB i'm on, with only a couple hundred troops.

Many of the bases now are so small, they can be closed up in just a few days when required.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Most of the 56 "bases" are very small patrol bases and outposts, or joint manned Iraqi police stations, with platoon or squad sized elements.

But yes, there are still some large bases like Victory Base complex and Balad with thousands of troops.

And there are some like the FOB i'm on, with only a couple hundred troops.

Many of the bases now are so small, they can be closed up in just a few days when required.

It sounds better when they refer to small outposts as Military bases. People hear that and they think of something like Ft. Hood or Ft. Riley. It gets a reaction out of people as seen by our local anti military friend ModernAcademia.

Some don't understand that we are spread out over there and not all in one or two places. Some of these places, like you posted, don't have enough Soldiers to fill a GP Medium. But they still refer them as a Military Base.

new topics

top topics

join