It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target shooting turns into shootout in Lane County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Target shooting turns into shootout in Lane County

www.katu.com

The brothers were target shooting at the remote spot of land managed by the Bureau of Land Management. Stevenson came to the same place and at some point, a confrontation took place, the sheriff's office said. Investigators believe all three men fired weapons.

Investigators suspect alcohol may have been involved. The investigation continues. When complete, the information will be forwarded to the district attorney's office for review.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Alcohol.... made these target shooters start turning on each other?? This story is really disturbing to me... because as was mentioned to me it makes all gun owners look like a possible danger to society.

I have never seen one target shooting instance where alcohol was involved. And I have never seen irresponsible gun owners. What the heck happened here??

Yes, this is a local Oregon story. I don't even know what to think, but I am very upset at whoever is responsible.

www.katu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I don't know, Nemisis, I don't know...Thankfully no-one died!

In all my decades of drinking & shooting, we never looked like idiots, but our tight groupings on target started to suffer!

Funny, we fired BB-guns at eachother, on purpose, as kids, during "Forest Wars"; but once we grew into full-blown adult munitions, never did...

More will come out in this sordid tale, it always does!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis as was mentioned to me it makes all gun owners look like a possible danger to society.

I expect people already holding an anti-gun bias will see it that way.

To me the article just makes these inbred morons look like drunken idiots.
It's very unfortunate IMO that they didnt just kill each other.

What is it with drunk idiots? Like a damn plague.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
damn in eugene?
i used to live there.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Of course alcohol was involved!!

These were clearly NOT responsible gun owners,
just drunken hillbillies beating their flabby chests until someone started shooting. So stupid.

top topics

join