It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Episode on History Channel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

Perhaps they kept fireflies in transparent jars i.e "light bulbs" and the flower was a way to feed the insects / attract them ?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Now that is thinking outside the box! I never thought of something like that, so simple and done by almost every school child.

I don't think it would of created much light, but it would make for an interesting experiment.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Howdy Kidflash

If this is in regards to how they lite dark places yet left no soot. They did so by several tricks.

The easiest was to use low soot oil, olive oil that was strained several times was good and there were other more costly seed oils (castor) which burns with little soot, which the Egyptians had. Another way was to cover the ceiling with a thin layer of cloth. The soot would stick to that and could be removed. For cheaper construction sites you'd just cover the ceiling with mud, then remove it with the soot when you are finished.

Low oxgyen? Stirring the atmosphere or retain holes in the structure until the painting was done. (this is an alternative explanation of some of the unaccounted for shafts in the larger pyramids). I suspect that the AE would have found the physical effects of low oxgyen an aspect they considered magical.

[edit on 30/3/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I am not questioning the idea of how the area was lit, I just think the use of fireflies as a nightlight seems quite interesting. The problem of course is that fireflies tend to be around only in the late spring and summer. They also would only light for mates, and the light would not be that strong. It is an interesting idea on making a temporary night light, but not as a major light source.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

why do you sign all your posts?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
i cant be bothered arguing with 'skeptics' anymore. most of them seem to be either really uninformed, or incredibly dumb.

whats the use in arguing with a stupid person?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I just watched this again for the second time with a friend. The first time I was half asleep and didnt pay much attention to it. This time I looked at it differently and I found it to be boring and not as informative as I thought it would be. The stuff they talked about I had read on here many times before. I was hoping they would have more to discuss. It seemed fragmented and not put together very well but that's my opinion. I was also surprised they didnt mention the pics of different flying objects in various Egyptian tombs. I also thought they would have showed the pics of various aliens like the Greys pic in an Egyptian tomb. When they said "ancient aliens" I thought they would have at least showed these but they didnt. It was an ok show but not what I thought it would be.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by Harte

why do you sign all your posts?

Habit

Originally posted by rapunzel222
i cant be bothered arguing with 'skeptics' anymore. most of them seem to be either really uninformed, or incredibly dumb.

Given your recent posts in this and other threads, I can see how you might think that.

Assuming, that is, you bothered to think at all.

Please do.

Harte

whats the use in arguing with a stupid person?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join