It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation while laying on my bed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Should I be meditating while laying on my bed?
I meditate like this all the time, almost always before I go to sleep at night. Is this the right way, is this the wrong way? Any suggestions or thoughts?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
hi there,

the only problem i have found with meditating on bed is that its very easy to fall asleep!!

i have had more success lying on the floor with a pillow behind my head, or sitting upright.

ive also read that meditation is not supposed to be done right before bedtime due to you can fall asleep while in meditation and its dangerous.

i usually meditate around 7pm every night, i really want to do this in the morning too, but its hard getting the will power!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

What do you mean it's dangerous

I can only do this at night because I live in NYC (The Bronx) and there's always noise outside at daytime.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Meditation is not a competition sport, there are no rules. Do what ever seems right to you.

There is a walking meditation that I do sometimes and sometimes I meditate myself to sleep also.

But never, and I stress NEVER, meditate while driving.

I use a mantra in my meditation.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It's not super sweet to do it right before bed.
BUT.
You can do it in savasana/corpse pose ^_^

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Why not?

I would really like to know other than just people assuming it's not.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Dear OnlyTruth,
I meditate six hours a day so I like to think I know a semi decent amount about the subject.

Meditating in bed is perfectly fine.
In yoga it's called the savasana or corpse pose, which RavenShadow13 mentioned.
Lay on your back with your arms at your sides and focus your attention on relaxing your feet moving your way up your body, willing the tension out of each area. Then focus on clearing your mind (or you can meditate on a subject if you wish, it often gives your mind the clarity it needs to get answers you desire.)
But whaaa is right, do whatever works for you.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
ive also read that meditation is not supposed to be done right before bedtime due to you can fall asleep while in meditation and its dangerous.

Yes because the hyperdimensional alien bloodchild of the fifth sun will consume your soul.

Lenina is most correct.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I typically lay back when meditating. It works for me.

Everyone is different. Everyone's eyes will open differently. I have had my best moment of meditation laying down.

Just recently I laid back to meditation and found myself able to see with my eyes shut firmly. It was quite amazing. I then moved around my room and sort of scared myself back into my head. Physically, I was laying down the whole time.

Everyone has different abilities, and you should try many poses when doing it. You'll find that different mental exercises work differently in different poses.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lenina

I am curious, do you meditate during work or something to this effect? How do you get six hours a day? Would really love to hear your method. As for me I do sort of meditate at work, at least watching my breath about 75% of the time. I think it actually helps me at work because then I am remaining relaxed.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Novise,
I get up at four thirty in the morning. Shower, eat breakfast.... then meditate from five until eight.... then I go to work. And meditate from seven to ten.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I meditate alot of the time with the intention to go to sleep if I find myself up at night. I also find that when I do this I tend to have better dream recall and sometimes even go lucid.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271

Originally posted by grantbeed

Yes because the hyperdimensional alien bloodchild of the fifth sun will consume your soul.

Lenina is most correct.

That sure made my day.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I can finally meditate with a clear conscious now knowing a 5th dimensional alien bloodchild will not consume my soul

new topics

top topics

join