It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That deja-vu feeling...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Anyone got a explanation on why you sometimes suddenly feel that deja-vu? It is so weird that you sometimes do or say things without really commanding you to do so. It's like you know exactly what's going to happen right now, you know exactly what you will do or say, and it happens!

Creepy...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
well there's two explanations that could come about this. there's the scientific one, and that one says that psychologically you believe that you've seen it before, it's trickery of the mind in other words, it's not so much that you want to believe that it's deja vu, but rather your mind playing tricks on you, perhaps it's sporatic stimulation of certain parts of the brain. then there's the paranormal explanation, which is psychic abilities, clairvoyance, perhaps it's short term premonitions. sorry i couldn't explain this better.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I remember hearing a specific scientific explanation once. It said that instead of the brain gradually putting the event in the long term memory, it does it suddenly, skipping the short term memory phase all together. I think that could be a pretty good explanation, and damn confusing to the person going through it too! So basically you'd think you've already been there and done it because it FEELS like you did it a long time ago, but never have actually done it before. Odd.

TPL

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm pretty much agree that its a psychological thing, either that or someones making changes to the Matrix.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
I'm pretty much agree that its a psychological thing, either that or someones making changes to the Matrix.

LOL those damn programmers messing with the matrix again

Everyone has a sixth sense, some don't know it. Deja-vu is basicly your sixth sense i believe.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What i heard was that it was some kind of circuit problem in the brain. Something like it going straight into long term memory and coming back again.

I don't know to much on it but basically a stimulus comes and is looped back in your brain giving you the feeling that you have alreday seen it.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think most of the time it is a psychological thing, but sometimes it could be some kind of 6th sense. That's my denial of my brain being really, really messed up ((I get deja vu all the time)).

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't know if it's 6th sense or brain tricks, but it is definitely weird: you know exactly what someone is going to say, and you know also what you're going to answer, but even if you'd not say that you say it! It's a feeling of living as a witness of your own existence... Really weird.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by SpookyVince]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Deja vu Thread

My Deja vu Drug

Deja vu is when your brain temporarily bypasses the short term memory when dealing with impulses and puts them in the long term making you think you've done or seen something before. That's the simple explanation.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I used to have Deja Vu a lot. Something would happen, such as a red car driving by, and I'd swear I'd seen this exact thing before. Or what somebody is talking about, I swear they'd done that before aswell.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i sometimes have symptoms of deja vu everyday.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey, I have had dreams that come true literally. I dream it; it happens. It runs in the family.

The first guy I ever slept with I met in a dream at least a year before I actually did the meeting--exact, down to the color of his bookbag. More like 3 years.
A guy wrote a song to do in a competition, where I met him at age 16. I sang the song along with him--never met him before, same age as me. I had woken up singing this son in my head when I was about 10, 4 states away.
My dad went to his mama at the age of 5 asking for bandaides. She asked him what for, and he replied that he wanted them so he could fix the water tower--I believe it was after a nap. A week later, the Houma water tower fell.
He also dreamed of an acciedent he had playing football with his friends, then did it, years later--he ran into a tree. This he couldn't stop b/c by the time re recognised it, the branch was in his face.
My older brother dreamed whole days out, altered some small part of the day--telling people what they were going to say, and within 10 minutes, it would alter back to the dream-storyline.
I once even dreamed I was telling someone what they said, to stop it, and nothing changed it. I cought myself with this one about a year back; it changed nothing.
To this day, my dad will not climb on a crane, b/c it fell on him, in a dream. He's a welder, and he works near them all the time. tream does not have the same feeling as the others, but he doesn't want to chance it.
the babie's ahd a few, too, but nothing too memorable yet. Most will happen in later years.

I REPEAT, This is NOT SYMBOLIC, it is literal event by event happenings and they won't stop. They piss me off.

this is the tip of the ice berg.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here is one of the better explanations I have read

people.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Dejavu is caused by our higher selves living in a greater reality which includes the future. Our higher selves have already seen what will happen during the day and then when we experience those things we feel as if we've done those things before. It's just a relaying of memory from the higher self to the lower or intermediate self and our sensation of having lived through this before. We have, but at a higher level of our self.

That's what I believe from experience anyway

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I get this all the time. Say 1 year ago, I remebered doing something in the past, have a dream about doing something, or think about doing something - something I see myself doing in third person. Well, a year goes by and I'm doing that thing I thought of before, I remeber myself thinking about it also. It REALLY freaks me out and I get chills ... a couple of years ago this activity was increased (it has since died down), and although it is interesting, I don't like it when it happens.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i once had a dream of a certain girl in high school turns out shes my fiance three years later. when i had the dream it was a dirty one. and i felt sick in a perverted kinda way for looking at someone that way. somehow we ended up together. was the dream fortelling? you tell me.

new topics

top topics

join