It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed Pastor Predicts Imminent Catastrophe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

precisely. Tell everyone the world is ending, them promise them safe haven into the afterlife. Sounds fair.
nobody can promise me anything, if I die, andI dont go to heaven, then I dont deserve to be there in the first place. A pastor cant judge me, only God can.
This pastor is a joke. I dont even know him, but I dont think I need to know him when he is saying stuff like this. Nothing but fear mongering.
The way of the Church.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If what he thinks he foresees for this country happens then we will all need more than just a 30 day supply of food.

The two things don't add up. Major cities burning to the ground and only needing 30 days of food?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

after the 30 days you an just feed on the charred remains like a zombie apocolypse.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
For what it's worth, Brad Wilkerson has never had problems selling books before, so I can't see him making fabrications to sell them now. He's usually a pretty upbeat cheerleader for God, in fact.

Agreed, and Brad's brother David Wilkerson is the one mentioned in the article at Word NUT Daily.

And may I just kindly add some truth to this twisting of the facts.

First...World NUT Daily published this "farticle" with out an authors name. Does anyone here find that strange, or curious, or suspicious? I do...cowardly in fact.

Secondly, and actually foremost, David Wilkerson did not "publish" this prediction. World NUT Daily actually is twisting this mans own words. What David Wilkerson did do is send out an e-mail to those on his list, encouraging them to prepare for 30 days.

The actual e-mail is here :
davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com...

How sad that people are so desperate to trash good people! How sad that World NUT Daily and Matt Drudge (purveyor of gossip) would wallow in the gutter like this.

If anyone is going to be calling anyone greedy it should be the government, and fraudusters like Madoff, Stanford, and the likes...they have known about for at leat 10 years!

David Wilkerson has spent more of his own time and his own money helping others than most people could ever hope to. He does not need money, and was not asking for any!

How sad...how sad...how sad

[edit by bts]

[edit on 8-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Im not saying it wont happen(if you are referring to me). As far as I am concerned, anyone and everyone can add 1+1. You are right, we all here know that something bad is going to happen, its just the way that this world is operating right now.

That being said, religous figures are supposed to be leaders of sort. They are supposed to get people together and help the situation, not make it worse by scaring women and children while spewing their rhetoric. Yea he says New York, and if anything were to happen it would be in New york(obviously). I just dont think this kind of stuff is helping much since we all know it is comming. I think that we can fix the problems we are in if everyone stops with the fear mongering. All that these people are doing(pastor, ect) is making the situation that much worse.

Our job here on ATS is to not only discuss current events, but to try to work with each other to help find a common ground on solutions instead of placing bets on what could happen. Im pretty much getting tired of all the doom and gloom, and yes I am participating in a lot of it, but the more I get involved in it, the more I feel that all I am doing is feeding the monster instead of giving it a tranqualizer shot. If "the end of the world" does happen, it wont be because it was supposed to be, it will be because all we did during that time was sit on our asses and complain about how bad everything was instead of standing up and trying to fix it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

For what it's worth, Brad Wilkerson has never had problems selling books before, so I can't see him making fabrications to sell them now. He's usually a pretty upbeat cheerleader for God, in fact.

Agreed, and Brad's brother David Wilkerson is the one mentioned in the article at Word NUT Daily.

And may I just kindly add some truth to this twisting of the facts.

First...World NUT Daily published this "farticle" with out an authors name. Does anyone here find that strange, or curious, or suspicious? I do...cowardly in fact.

Secondly, and actually foremost, David Wilkerson did not "publish" this prediction. World NUT Daily actually is twisting this mans own words. What David Wilkerson did do is send out an e-mail to those on his list, encouraging them to prepare for 30 days.

The actual e-mail is here :
davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com...

How sad...how sad...how sad

And to add to what I wrote...he did not "predict" a date.
And further...I am not on his mailing list, I am not one of his regulars.
I do however have respect for the man...and have lost all respect for Matt Drudge (never had any actually) and World NUT Daily!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
To tell the truth this man is cashing out on the fact that Wal-Street is base in NY, he knows that if the economy collapse it will be upraising, panic and riots that Equals catastrophe.

He is betting that if that happens he will be able to claim that God told him so and that the situation will be the results of The evil ways of Americans.

I hate people like this that plans on issues that are obvious to be able to boost their personal agendas.

I can do predictions as good as him and I will not be taking money from any blind followers.

Wake up people this type of predictions will become a dozen for pennies as the economic situation gets worst.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this country is going down the tubes. The people that work hard get penalized while the people that don't get the rewards. A criminal breaks into Your house and You shoot him and You can be sued? So I can't say I will cry about it but to be honest this nation needs a good flushing. So You better prepare if You are a good person because nature is about to take its course.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Actually, my comments were not directed at any one individual, but to the general gist of what had been said in the thread by many.

Personally, although I am a Christian, I don't believe in prophecy regarding the "end times". Matthew 25:13 is very clear. Christ said "You will neither know the day nor the hour".
Although I do agree with part of what you said about community, etc. I believe that ATS'ers have to call it as they see it, even if it is not a rosy outlook. Otherwise, we become nothing but propagandists, not unlike Joseph Goebbels.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Good, I'm stocking up on food for 30 days......pie and tequila

Can't be to careful....

LOLOLO. Don't forget your Jumanji game and a gum ball machine.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
After some thought I decided to post this after reading that article on drudge and seeing this thread.

- This morning my GF woke up from a disturbing dream. She dreamt that things, like shooting stars, were streaking down from the sky. Then she saw large balls of fire as bright as the sun. Many other things happened but the most important thing was this. She tried calling her mom on the cell phone and finally got through. Her mom was calm and told her she would try to get home. Then her mother said, as if it were a recording, "if you can hear this it is Tuesday the 7th."

When my GF woke she immediately went to the calendar to see when a Tuesday the 7th occurred next. There are two dates coming soon. April and July of 2009. I did not see this article until this evening. I read it to my GF. She found it disturbing. Neither of us are Christian or religious.

I trust her dreams as she has had very accurate prophetic dreams before but nothing on this scale. I have no idea if anything like any of this will occur. I am NOT sounding any warnings. I merely pass it along as something to keep in mind and to see if any others have had similar experiences. I hope nothing like this ever happens.

Don't flame me for posting this. I am merely relaying a personal experience that may mean absolutely nothing.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The only thing earth shattering for a christian should be the realization that their religion was based off lies, perpetuated by greedy pastors to make one fearful. I highly suspect ET disclosure and contact would be the earth shattering event. Religious folks may not be able to deal with this.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I was raised Roman Catholic.

And, to be true to what I was taught, I would like to know how

big of donation to put into the basket to avoid this one?

I mean, I should be a morman, then I know it's just 10% of everything I ever make. Course' if I watch my preacher on TV, that cost more for salvation, as in everything you have.

Seriously though, how much are us Catholics needing to put into the dish until this is over?

Has the pope signed off on this yet? Because if he denies it, then I'll worry. lol

[edit on 8-3-2009 by j2000]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yep, but as for the upbeat part, everyone has their breaking point, at which they look around themselves and begin to experience the apocalypse within.

It happened to me after 9/11.... some folks are just now gettin around to it... as a matter of fact, the majority of folks are NOW going through it.

All I can say is Thank God for Kensho!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
The only thing earth shattering for a christian should be the realization that their religion was based off lies, perpetuated by greedy pastors to make one fearful. I highly suspect ET disclosure and contact would be the earth shattering event. Religious folks may not be able to deal with this.

Yes, but your entire psychological existence is predicated on lies... That's just how consciousness works...

Use Your Illusion...

Nothin' wrong with that...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
ok this guy others like him jim jones > and other nuts have all said this and they get followers to come drink the kool aid or ride the comment to heaven .. well i for see they will all see their ways and just drink their own kool aid all by themselves . god has a path for his children not these fools !

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A judgement of God? Or the collapse of Wall St?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Good, I'm stocking up on food for 30 days......pie and tequila

Can't be to careful....

I think I might rather purchase Hunting Ammunition.

As for the Food Stockpiles, I always have reserves anyways, as I am not the European type who heads to the Local Village Market every morning.

LOL, this Thread just made me Hungry.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Hmm. Very interesting. Its said that our higher selves sometimes communicate with us through our dreams. Was this message about Tuesday the 7th vivid and clear, or more recognizable compared to the rest of the dream? Your girlfriend might of gotten a message she was supposed to hear...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I did a thread some time ago:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Reading this pastors message has me a little freaked out if he is right, it comes shockingly close to what I saw. Time will tell I guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

followed the link to the story which lead to a place to buy the book get shocked by the bible.. sounds like a gimmick to sell a book

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join