It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed Pastor Predicts Imminent Catastrophe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

...and travel scrabble?

Yes

Anyone in favour of bringing Ludo?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Perhaps we can cajole dg, marg and pluky to join us and go out in style.

After Y2K, I had a hangover that lasted 2 weeks.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
some comments on another site about this led me to find the following

smoke on this page here and yeh, ok, predictions aside, just when did this 'latest' prediction first start???

David Wilkerson’s prophetic message, first given in September 7, 1992, has been repeated since the September 11 tragedy

his main site

www.worldchallenge.org/en/

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by b4tee4

Anybody that follow Nostradamus predictions knew that NY was part of his predictions also.

This opened the door to anybody to catch out on those long ago predictions.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by b4tee4

Hmmmm interesting I just checked out the link

Calls and messages have flooded the David Wilkerson ministry office asking, “Was the terrorist attack on September 11 the calamity you were prophesying back in 1992?”

No, not at all. What I saw coming will be much more severe. Indeed, if America rejects God’s call to turn back to Him, we’ll face the same judgments Israel faced. And they will hit not only New York but also every region in the country. Even the heartland won’t be spared. The nation’s economy will collapse, and violence will erupt. Fires will consume our cities, and tanks will rumble through the streets

On the one hand, he could have easily said "yes, it certainly was!" and claimed credit for it....but he continued to say 9/11 was not his vision. I can give him credit for that.
And on the other hand, it seems this is not a new prophecy, just one he insisted on repeating and declaring it imminent.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by b4tee4

Anybody that follow Nostradamus predictions knew that NY was part of his predictions also.

This opened the door to anybody to catch out on those long ago predictions.

Good point you make there

It seems that everybody bases their prophecies on something that Nostradamus said.

Anyone else notice that the only prophecies these days that come true, are revealed after the event?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hey anytime, should I bring out my bikini picture?

I can bring the pot for the mutton stew.

Now don't ask what the mystery meat is.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
Well he could just be saying this to get his name more known... Book sales anyone? regardless, He's not the first or the last to predict some disaster. Im tired of hearing predictions as it is. If TSHTF we will know it. I cant waste my time preparing for a disaster every time somebody say's to.

But if you are already prepared you don't have to be prepared time and time again, you should only need to prepare once and everytime you buy new food, you replace the older food so it all stays in date.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks, you know you are right, a lot of people real people just like you or me, had visions of catastrophe all the time.

And as usual is not until the event happen that many will come forward and tell their stories.

I got hundreds of story to tell but they all after the fact too.

Still I don't used god to blame for what is the fault of other human beings

Because I don't have books to sell or agendas to fulfill.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

And buy honey, its the only food that doesnt go off......

well that and food from mcdonalds (thanks to preservatives)

[edit on 8/3/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
David Wilkerson's book, The Cross and the Switchblade, was big stuff back in the mid-60's and this thread has me thinking back to those days like a bad case of Deja Vu coupled with a hangover.

The book was considered important enough to be required reading in my high school and I even did drawings in the 1966 yearbook which reflected Wilkerson's ideas of a 'lost youth'. The best was a despondent thug with his hands in his pockets, sitting on a galvanised garbage can and gazing at his pointy black shoes.

I believed, at the time, that the author was trying his gruesome best to scare teens into being good little citizens and this latest attempt of his, 43 years later, is just more of the same bleak BS.

IMO, of course.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well at least I didn't have to read his book during the 70s, still now he sees the opportunity to get the teens that he is so up to be working with to get interested enough to follow him.

I guess he will love to have God or Jesus littler soldiers for when his predicted Apocalypse comes around.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A reason why I think that this is major, is because he is a pastor.
Not for religous reasons that I take him serious, but I know how cooky some of those extreme religous folks are.
A lot of people follow these mens words with blind faith thinking that whatever they say is in fact the word of God or the way of God.
I fear not that catastrophy will happen, but the fact that this paves the way for religous folks to act out on the streets. This gives all the church folk all the ammunition they need to start an upheaval, and that is the scary part.
This is yet another reason to panic and create chaos in the name of religion and God. Why cant people understand that God doesnt control the way that we act, we are in control of ourselves, he is merely a spectator in the arena that we call life. Its sad that people so involved in the church, are so ignorant to the way of ones actions. We make our own fate, and this kind of stuff doesnt help mans chance of creating a better world for anybody.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You are right also, when tragedy strikes or catastrophes happens people when face with the stress of what is going on in their lives turn to the divine for support, specially if the government is not longer able to afford support.

That is when the religious fanatics take the place of government to give divine support and help people believe that what is happening to them is the hand of God for been bad and evil.

Those type of people are no only dangerous but with enough influences to make their followers do whatever the ask them to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke

And on the other hand, it seems this is not a new prophecy, just one he insisted on repeating and declaring it imminent.

yes, i am still not sure what time frame there is for imminent
similar to, the world will end soon, how much time is there in soon

imminent as in 20 years? 500?(if we look at a 20K year period?)

might also be a way for the worldnetdaily to hold an audience, as negative news actually helps to promote websites, seems scandals and doom/gloom are the way to attract visitors

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

A good point indeed.
If it was his intention-hanging a prophecy over the youth's heads will get them to pay attention to your message more closely and follow your lead more diligently.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Man the thought cannon,
there's an invasion
of despair!

we must put out more ideas!!!!

Repel the invaders of doom!

The harlots of heralding hell!!

PROPHET OF DOOM ALERT!!

+++++++++++

you sir (POINTING!)
are nothing but a
prophet of fear!

a blood hungry savage
always explaining
how the end is near,

the big bad future
rumbles like a dump truck,
in its bed damnation
and insanity
chaos and
tears...

and sure death
and fires
and burning

and...

you disgust me,
always leading
sheep to mind-splicing
chainsaws

that rip apart reason
and turn full-fledged
beautiful minds
into instinctive computers
hell bent on survival,

looking at the world
through chaos binoculars,

all because
you
told
them
so...

I cannot believe
how you push pain
and make a gorgeous
world so cold and plain,

although I see hatred
and despair
and people concerned only
with money and fixing their hair,

I do believe there is hope,
unlike you sir
I am not
a complete joke,

trying to incite
fear and convert,

you'd scare the money
out of a pocket and
from a man his shirt,

if you tell desperate people
there is no hope,
and from a good book
only bad phrases quote,

you are no man of God,
you are no man of Christ,
you are no man of man...

you are a raven
looking for carcasses,

you are the devil
looking for chaos,

You are no Moses!

you wield knives
not roses,

and you should feel shame,
prophesizing the world
go insane...

There is no reason
not to prepare,

but to steal the oxygen
from the air?

Things are bad
and they might get worse,
hold onto your hats
and protect your purse,

but always know:
the sun will rise again!

and light will

ALWAYS

overthrow.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

yea, some of those religous fanatics scare the hell out of me sometimes.
Not that the people are dangerous, but they are large in numbers, and I know damn well they will die for whatever cause. Hopefully, this pastor will try to redeem himself after making such implications.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Good Evening,

I read the worldnet article but it doesn't say "when". Has anyone investigated it a bit further to see "when" this is supposed to happen if given or is it just "soon"?

One thing I wonder is if this man believes what he says... he is prominent and respected and unlike a "few" fringe preachers of late (see Ronald Weinland) that have really fragged their reputations lately by making false predictions that did not come to pass.

So, I have to really wonder if he is throwing his career away or really believes what he says.

The ONE rule of prophecy... If it doesn't happen when you said it would or at all, your a false prophet!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Quite honestly, I can't believe the reactions of ATS'ers to this story.
Is this the same ATS where members have posted HUNDREDS of new threads in the last month or so, about people taking to the streets, peasants with pitchforks, overthrowing the governments of the world, troops being trained for civilian unrest, FEMA camps, and the list goes on...?
ATS's have been saying this en mass for months now, so when someone else says basically the same thing, they act surprised.
So let me get this straight. The person is a pastor, so as a religious leader, he CAN'T say what you've all been saying for months?

I never heard of this guy before, but it sounds like he's just putting two and two together.

Who here DOESN'T think we're headed to civil unrest, massive demonstrations, some of which may get out of hand, and troops being called out to respond to these events?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join