It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Special 3/8/09

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As expected, this show didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. I did find some cool websites in the process.
EDIT: Upon second viewing, there were a few artifacts I hadn't seen before and even some new pic of Nazca I hadn't previously seen.

Yes, all of this must be looked at with a critical eye, especially given the antiquity. The religious paintings of the day were indeed commissioned. To follow your arguement Lear, you could also take a step further and say the patron himself had seen a UFO and requested to include it as personal record of the event to be passed down through generations. The truth of it is - we don't know and won't know. Big shrug factor here but, fun to think about.

As far as the ancient cave drawings, what I find the most thought provoking is that these drawings are very similar to others all over the world in such ancient times. For me, that adds more to the theory of something beyond coincidence.

It's clear we won't agree about the Bible issue. Aliens to me are just as, if not more, believable then angels. Seriously. Chariot of fire. Especially the Old Testement, perhaps it is a more literal, an account of history. Most of it is just the story of Gilgamesh retold. It is our enviromental conditioning as to our current interpretation of such texts. This could be a thread in itself. Not one I'm willing to start
Think I've said enough as is. Given my take and certainly not out to convice anyone.

So, all in all, an entertaining show better then insert mindless drivel here.l I just like to know people think about these ideas. Flex that brain muscle a little. I fear too many people walk around everyday, and some perhaps not once in their life wonder where did they come from? What is our true nature? What is the nature of the universe? I couldn't live like that. The day I quit digging for truth, is the day someone else picks up the shovel and buries me.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks so much for posting this Whisper! Starred and flagged! I've just been researching this topic over the last couple of days. I got interesting in it when I was reading about the archaeological dig going on in Turkey. The one where they think it might have been the site of the biblical garden of eden. At the site there are a few interesting statues, one that looks like an astronaut man, and one of a bird man type creature. So, it got me interesting in aliens and the ties with anything of biblical reference. Perfect timing for this special!

Thanks again!

p.s. - if anyone wants to read my poem I submitted for the "Reminisce of the Days of Old" I'd appreciate it! My poem is called "Past Lives" and is based on a dream I had years ago where I was attending a party of a grand king and my now husband was my lover in a past life. Thanks for reading it if you do!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't think it was new. If it's what I think it was, then I saw it before. It's pretty good though. Worth a watch, I say.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Ok I saw it, and I will admit most of it i had known before, However Puma Punku fascinated me greatly.

I would like to know how the grooves were done without machines, how the blocks were transported and how they cut rock that is so hard only diamonds can cut it.

Yes, something I also was not familiar with and found interesting.

And Whisper, good job on the post and real-time updates.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

I can't say for 100% but the info did list it as released 2009.

Thank you for the appreciative comments!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Whisper.
I will have to catch it at midnight.
ooops ...spilled my bag-o stars

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Watching now. They really are getting right into this. So far so good. I wonder how far they will go?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
*Aliens in the Bible. This is one of my favorite subjects. They are discussing Enoch and descriptions of seemingly alien ships in the bible. Ezeikels chariot. Honestly, for me, ever since I read the ideas in Jim Marrs books about these exact same issues - the bible makes more sense to me.

I've been a believer in this since I was a teenager. I've been casually studying this for many years. The bible really does make more sense when you apply science to what you're reading.

You may be interested in a site that I use as a reference from time to time:

www.bibleufo.com...

I don't agree 100% with some of his interpretations, but 99.9%. If you're researched in this subject, you will be able to understand with ease.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thanks for this great link. It's got tons of info!

Second line: Dance Party!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I thought it was very interesting and it likely upset the paradigms of science and religion, so hard to tell the difference between those two any more.

I find it curious how advanced ancient achievement is dismissed because they were thought of as too ignorant. This closes ones mind to the possibility of learning about such places as Nabta Playa, or what the monoliths around the world were built for. Then to dismiss the possibility of help from extraterrestrials it is pointed out how not enough credit is given to the intelligence of ancient peoples. I agree that it should not be assumed that they were ignorant but observe the evidence for what it is.

Evidence of advanced achievements in ancient times does not mean aliens were helping these people, again the evidence needs to be discerned for what it is. I also had a problem with the History channel's selection of PHD's, their best argument against was the lack of evidence?... WOW. For example, to claim that the Egyptians didn't have electrical lights because there is no evidence of wires or other electrical stuff is a very poor argument at best. After all there are ways to illuminate electric light bulbs without wires.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join