It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Special 3/8/09

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I know this probably belongs in BTS but, I just wanted to make sure a lot of ATSers were aware.

Tonight on the History Channel, 8pm est, is a special entitled 'Ancient Aliens.' The description of the show states: Wheather aliens influenced mankind in ancient times.

A lot of ATSers have our on thoughts on this matter and some awareness to the truth of it. For me, reading 'Rule by Secrecy' by Jim Marrs was a real eye opener.

I'm interested to see what disclosures the NWO would like mainstream America to know about now.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I have my VCR programmed to start recording the repeat at midnight. But, like most of the allegedly "historical" stuff presented on the "History" Channel, I don't put much store in that the presentation will just rehash the same ol' story and it will be more conjecture than any irrefutable evidence. Interpretation will be the name of the game. And, as usual, a dissenting side won't be presented. We'll probably see the old paintings that give the impression that UFOs and/or aliens are really what the artists saw, which is highly doubtful.

[Mod Edit - replaced quote with Reply To tag]

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that information OP. I wish I could watch it, but I'm busy typing a paper. I hope they re air it later tonight.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hey Rocket - Yes, they replay this again at midnight est. And you know the History channel, if you don't catch it tonight be assured it will be on again sometime.

And yes, I too believe it will be re-hash of info WE already know. And yes, I'm sure it will be very subjective and open to interpertation. Fun for a Sunday night though!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was going to record the repeat at midnight but the show I was going to watch at 8 sucked so I switched to the "Questionable History" Channel and, sure enough, I'm right. Any time you see David Childress, Von Daniken, etc., you just know there isn't a kernel of "History" being presented. It's meant mostly for the majority of ATS Aliens and UFOs posters!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I love how almost every history channel show ends with some variation of:

"Is it true? We'll never know."

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll be recording it later on too.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Learhoag,

Well, a lot of times you do get the dissenting side on television. Some "brilliant" person who thinks swamp gas and weather balloons explain everything. Someone you would pay money to, just to shut up.

I've seen some of those paintings. Why on earth would you paint a dish object up in the air? It's not a cloud. Something was up there. If it was a rock from a weapon or a volcano, you would think the painting would reflect that kind of shape.

I wish I had my dish turned back on. I do miss some TV. Well, when the financing works out better, I'll get to catch this stuff again.

Peace,

Troy

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Sounds great. I`ll be sure to check it out. Always wondered when mainstream shows would deal with this.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just as I was reading your comments I looked at my TV and they were showing one of those religious-themed paintings with what believers will say is a UFO shining a light/"laser" on a person.

I don't make the leap from fantasy to reality especially with something hundreds of years old. No one presently knows what the painters had in mind when they included certain aerial "anomalies" into their paintings. They didn't leave notes for the future. What rules is that most of the time the subject of the painting is religious. Modern interpretation has to be tempered with common sense, logic and reason.

It may be romatically interesting to think that the painter happened to see a UFO while painting whatever he was engaged to paint. Remember in those days, painters were usually hired by patrons. We don't know what the patrons asked to be included.

No doubt some paintings include interesting anomalies but no one can presently say with certainty what the anomalies represent.

Originally posted by cybertroy
Learhoag,

Well, a lot of times you do get the dissenting side on television. Some "brilliant" person who thinks swamp gas and weather balloons explain everything. Someone you would pay money to, just to shut up.

I've seen some of those paintings. Why on earth would you paint a dish object up in the air? It's not a cloud. Something was up there. If it was a rock from a weapon or a volcano, you would think the painting would reflect that kind of shape.

I wish I had my dish turned back on. I do miss some TV. Well, when the financing works out better, I'll get to catch this stuff again.

Peace,

Troy

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Learhoag]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I was going to write a synopsis of the show for those who don't have cable or satellite.

So far we have:

*Review of Nazca lines
*Aliens in the Bible. This is one of my favorite subjects. They are discussing Enoch and descriptions of seemingly alien ships in the bible. Ezeikels chariot. Honestly, for me, ever since I read the ideas in Jim Marrs books about these exact same issues - the bible makes more sense to me. The longevity of the ancients; destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah ect. I'm not trying to incite a riot, just giving my opinion.
*Mythical flying machines: taken from ancient Indian texts. Apparently, these ideas of anicent aliens are widly accepted in India today. I know we have some ATSers from India, would love to hear from them.
*Ancient cave drawing from all over the globe

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If it wasn't a touted as a new documentary you could say that it's been on TV a few times through the years. It's almost like a continuation with nothing new being added and speculation up the wazoo from personalities that are considered "tetched"!

Originally posted by nethawk
Sounds great. I`ll be sure to check it out. Always wondered when mainstream shows would deal with this.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Even though we might not agree, I think this is awesome having a 'real time' discussion. Thanks for contributing everyone! ::breaks out her lil bag of stars::

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Way ahead of you already got it programmed to alert me.
Interesting and fun to watch.

Wonder what it would be like to be in BC times and witness some alien? I could go on forever. But I would probably assume they were angels I guess, since they came from the heavens aka the sky?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Discussion of the Mayan Palenque Lord Pakal. There is a theory that this is an ancient alien. Here's a good link with lots of pictures and links to other information on the site. It's strickly archeology in nature. Please pay close attention to the picture entitled 'Lid of Sarcophagus' and notice how the way Lord Pakal is sitting is a lot like how our astronauts sit in shuttle launches.

www.delange.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Nazca "lines": natural features constructed by Nazcans. No connection to aliens.

Aliens in the bible: fantsayland.

Indian flying machines: find remnants of just one of them!

Ancient cave drawings: you have no concept of what was in their minds.

Originally posted by Whisper67
I was going to write a synopsis of the show for those who don't have cable or satellite.

So far we have:

*Review of Nazca lines
*Aliens in the Bible. This is one of my favorite subjects. They are discussing Enoch and descriptions of seemingly alien ships in the bible. Ezeikels chariot. Honestly, for me, ever since I read the ideas in Jim Marrs books about these exact same issues - the bible makes more sense to me. The longevity of the ancients; destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah ect. I'm not trying to incite a riot, just giving my opinion.
*Mythical flying machines: taken from ancient Indian texts. Apparently, these ideas of anicent aliens are widly accepted in India today. I know we have some ATSers from India, would love to hear from them.
*Ancient cave drawing from all over the globe

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think it is excellent so far.....

Will comment more when it is finished.

Kdial1

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If that sarcophagus had been found on the moon by astronauts, life on planet Earth would have changed. It was found in Palenque. Ergo: local lord.

Originally posted by Whisper67
Discussion of the Mayan Palenque Lord Pakal. There is a theory that this is an ancient alien. Here's a good link with lots of pictures and links to other information on the site. It's strickly archeology in nature. Please pay close attention to the picture entitled 'Lid of Sarcophagus' and notice how the way Lord Pakal is sitting is a lot like how our astronauts sit in shuttle launches.

www.delange.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thanks man I'll check it out.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Puma Punku - ancient Bolivian stone. This has keystone cuts in massive blocks weighing up to to 200 tons. Here's a picture and some other interesting stone.

www.panoramio.com...

Antikythera Mechanism: thought to be an ancient computer. More info and here:

www.world-mysteries.com...

The Denerah Lightbulb: located in Eygpt, beneath the Temple of Hathor is in inscription that depicts a lightbulb. This temple was only available to the high priests. Here's an excellent picture and more info (looks like a great website for Eygptian studies.):

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ok I saw it, and I will admit most of it i had known before, However Puma Punku fascinated me greatly.

I would like to know how the grooves were done without machines, how the blocks were transported and how they cut rock that is so hard only diamonds can cut it.

how Old is the site?

Amaziing the things we DON"T know but can see has happened

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join