It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters - Area 51 Revealed Happy viewing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If you haven't watched these vids before enjoy!

If you think its worth the view come back to make a post to let others know and have a look too!

Peace!
Gio

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good episode, but shows like this tend to hurt the credibility of UFOlogy IMO because they use dramatic music and clever editing to make mundane events seem interesting, much like the producers of a reality show would. This is a cancer best removed. Just stick to the facts please.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Thank you for posting this George.

I dont see this as a threat to UFOlogy because from hearing stories from people like Bob Dean and various others it signifies there is ET's out there. The fact area 51 has an ET craft also proves ET's exist.. although nothing for certain proves area 51 has an ET craft yet. I say people outside of area 51 should keep them cameras up fulltime all the time. Eventually this will provide what we all wanna know. If nothing gets sighted yet and these sighting are still being experienced globally.. then it proves we are still being visted by ET's. So much can come out if this.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This was a pretty poor excuse for a show. They promised to reveal the facts about Area 51 but they only rehashed all the old material from the 1990s, before we knew anything about the base. They missed an opportunity to show all the latest information collected by researchers over the past decade.

Most of the show was wasted on shaky views of rocks and sagebrush, with an occasional glimpse of an F-15 from Red Flag. The, after each commercial break, they reiterated the non-information from the previous segment. They edited the interviews to remove any material that didn't support the idea of ET craft at Groom Lake and wasted altogether too much time on the Lazar story. The T.D. Barnes interview was butchered to make it look like he supported the UFO theory when, in fact, he did not. He wasn't very happy with the result. Glenn Campbell criticized the production as "fluffy" (i.e. without substance) but argued that "there is no such thing as bad publicity."

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Shadowhawk]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I can't watch that. The over-dramatization makes me feel sick.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever
I can't watch that. The over-dramatization makes me feel sick.

Thank you. I'm glad someone finally said it. UFO-disease has infested our media. Thankfully it has eased back since the 90's.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If there ever is a good Area 51 documentary, it won't be done by a production company. It takes outsiders hours to discover tidbits of information.

Oh, you want a tidbit. I got confirmation that a Typhoon was being tested at Groom Lake, but is no longer there. My source? Eh, some British military at the Little Alien. Of course, I could be fed disinformation.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What do you all expect? The vast majority of public needs those stupid themes in the background. A show with no music and just people talking with no narrator would be so bland, I doubt anyone wouldn't turn the channel.

If people here want disclosure, why trash the small amount of publicity that actually comes around.

Did it do the usual history channel over dramatization? Yes

Did it really give US any new facts? No.

But i venture to guess the people watching that episode who hadn't done any area 51 research before, were probably very much into the episode. Remember that most everyone else out there has less than 1% of the knowledge of Area 51 that the vast majority here on ATS has.

So at the end of the day... its the History Channel, its UFO Hunters... lighten up. Ill take it. A mainstream show with a good viewership titles Area 51 is better than nothing.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A few of the goofs in this special. In the 4th segment, what they called a runway was a taxiway between runways. The runways are kind of hard to see from Tikaboo, but that taxiways really sticks out.

They show a range map of Utah. Doh! You can see R6405 SUA.

In the 5th video, they are at McCarran, showing the Janet 737s. They read out the tail number of one of the Beech aircraft.

The mystery light they show near the end looks like an afterburner to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

these should be fun enough of what i see on history channel is boring.

give these guys some credit for making the mundane interesting its not like they have alot ot work with.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
First of all, they had Peter Merlin and Mark Farmer. I'd hardly call that nothing to work with. What they don't have is patience to hang out at Groom and produce a real documentary. They leave LA with the script in hand, and shoot what they want to shoot, editing it to fit the script. That is why every Area 51 documentary thus far has been tripe.

top topics

join