It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

www.opencongress.org

1/6/2009--Introduced.
Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thomas.loc.gov
www.govtrack.us

Mod Edit: To Remove In Excess Of 500 Characters Of Excerpted Material. Please Review The Following Link.

*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:07:19 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything about this on ATS. this was the main reason i found this site was searching for more info.
So is this the beginning of the termite effect where they make it where we can afford ammo for our firearms? Where they make it so hard to get firearms that they can just ban them, and noone can really argue?

www.opencongress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is a big story in my opinion, I know there are some real die hard "from my dead hands" gun owners on this site so I'll S+F, not that it affects me, I'm in the UK and guns are a no no.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well a couple years ago, I lost my home, job and everything. I had to live out of my vehicle for like 3 months. In order to survive I sold all 5 of my guns so i could eat. i am just now getting back on my feet, I have managed to get 3 guns now. Now i am laid off and I have been for 3 months. Now i can afford ammo, when i get another job (if I get another) I wont be able to afford to walk all the red tape to get ammo. Seems like that is how it will all begin. slowly start taking one right away then another. They know they cant take the full rights away at once so they just nitpick until we have none.
But that is just MO

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Already several threads on this one.

Using the search function is a good idea when posting new threads to see if your topic is already being discussed. (try HR45)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I doubt it will get anywhere, it's not the first time he's tried to wipe his butt with our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Then again, with Eric Holder's view of our 2nd Amendment...you never know.

Obviously the first step of any tyrannical government that wishes to have complete and total control over its "subjects" would be to disarm them.

The first step in doing that, would be to have a detailed list of those arms and the individuals in possession of them. History tells the story time and time again.

and...Welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
my mistake. i searched, but didnt use the h.r.45

new topics

top topics

join