It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visited FEMA camp today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok so curiosity got the best of me and I went to check out a fema camp. It is located in hawkinsville ga. After looking the location up on local.live I determined it was on upper river rd. I think I am right. It also syas something about fire rd but looking at the satalite I saw no buildings unless I missed something. So here is the satalite view.

[img]http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=32.311636~-83.457041&style=h&lvl=17&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1[/ img]

Well I got there and it is a prison. Pulaski State prision. I saw no inmates...duh they are inside I am sure but I did see visitors and guards in guards uniforms.

[edit on 3/8/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

hey, good run. finally one of us had enuff time to check on these things. ( i read your u2u and ill reply later. got a few things brewing right now) but im gonna click and paste and check it out. as far as uploading, go to the memcenter to the media upload, click and paste the url and voila.... image

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
cool!
I really want to see those pics

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

www.imageshack.us - fast and easy. upload and then copy forum link.

www.tinyurl.com - short url

Here you go. Cant wait to see those pics.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
AWESOME!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Finally people are taking things into their own heads and checking these things out rather than believe all the fearmongering...does this aleve your sense of fear a little? I know it did me when I checked out the sites in my state...
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
I started this thread a few days ago, and it's really nice to see people taking action to find out themselves!!!

S&F for you!!!
Edit to add...this is not about whether fema camps exist-(by way they should for just that--emergency shelters for natural disasters attacks etc. a place to go in time of need and VOLUNTARY services)...it is in regard to the many scare tactic "lists" out there trying to turn emergency shelters into concentration camps(key words concentration camps) that supposedly TPTB are going to round up Americans and put us ALL in. Which I for one do not believe...

[edit on 8-3-2009 by rockhndr]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I believe they are out there but obviously they aren't all camps.....I have a couple more I'd like to check out.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ok so why is it a FEMA camp and not just a regular prison?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ummm....I think that is what the Op is trying to say...It is JUST A PRISON, yet it's listed as a fema camp. which by the way it could very well be in time of disaster using HR845...I think the confusion arises when people see the "list" on blogs and websites and people are just throwing out there that it is a fema camp (with the idea of rounding us all up). The other confusion is whether it is a "concentration camp"-you know...to round up all us Americans and herd us in (which I don't believe will happen) but there is alot of fear mongering on that subject.

Edit to add Clarification.....HR 845 has a list of potential "camps" in time of disaster which is a true statement. But there are alot of websites, blogs, etc. carrying it further and stating these are FEMA concentration camps to use against the American people in general. The list on these blogs and websites has some that are listed in HR845 but also have made up alot of old military stations, prisons etc to add to their theory. Does that help?

[edit on 8-3-2009 by rockhndr]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Right, it is listed as a FEMA camp but it is auctually a prison. Further research shows it has been running since 94.
Pulaski State Prison opened in 1994 and houses approximately 1050 female felons. The prison has a staff of 381 with an annual payroll of approximately $11.9 million. The mission of the prison is to house all security levels of felons, along with juveniles sentenced as adults. The prison also maintains a therapeutic substance abuse program and houses a supportive living unit for mental health inmates.
The Mission of Pulaski State Prison is fivefold: Houses female inmates of all security levels and juveniles; Maintains a residential therapeutic substance abuse program; Supports a Correctional Industries garment plant; Houses Level II outpatient Mental Health inmates; and Houses a Supportive Living Unit for Level III Mental Health inmates.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well I got there and it is a prison. Pulaski State prision. I saw no inmates...duh they are inside I am sure but I did see visitors and guards in guards uniforms.

I'm confused. You state it's a FEMA camp, but it's a established prison?
It doesn't look any different than the one here in Santa Rosa County, down to the sign you pictured.

Edit:
This is why I should check before posting, bugger work...

Star for checking the place out.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I am with ya' but just curious which "list" you used? Was it the official HR845 list or a list from just any old blog? No offense, I really think there is alot of confusion to people about the whole "list" thing(about how some lists are just made up). was trying to clarify that in my previous post.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It was from a website, several auctually. I guess I didn't do my research because I didn't know there was an official hr845 list. I am checking it out now.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Yes, Rune...there are quite a few "lists" running around on blogs, websites, etc. that state these things and they are false, but there IS an official list of potential camps in HR845. Now with that said yes the prison could be used as a "camp" for natural disaster, etc...(think Katrina) but there's a whole different story with the fear mongerers that these are "concentration camps" to round up Americans and put us in there in times of Martial law etc. The fear mongerers have added their own installations to the HR845 list in an attempt to support their theory. See the confusion???

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hi,
Good pics.
Just one thing though, if this is a real identified prison.
And not an unidentified fema camp.
Then possibly taking photo's of it, is illegal.
I don't know what the laws are where you live.
But I thought it was illegal to photograph prisons.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
do you have a link to the hr485 list? I can't find it. Then I will be able to tell you if its one from that list.

link   
Ya one was listed just down the road from me and posted before the one where I live is a federal prison and everyone here knows that so not sure why they have it on the list, pretty much every one I checked into says it's a federal prison.

Not sure why their labeled the way they are on google instead of FEMA it should just say FP.

link   

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Now do you see the confusion on the "list"?? YES, FEMA camps do or will exist-it's their use that is in question, and fear has panicked a few-ok ALOT to really believe these camps will be used to round us up, etc. They (the fear mongerers)have added any military installation and such to support their theory-That was why I asked which"list"...
The minute many hear the word FEMA camp they assume the worst with what they've read on some website somewhere-it's good that people are actually checking these things out for themselves. Instead of getting caught up in the fear so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join