It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heaven = nexus??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
everytime people say that heaven is a place for worshiping god and to praise him. but wouldn't that be kinda boring? i mean we wouldn't do the things we enjoyed. some of that includes drinking, smoking, drugs, sex, eat (maybe we dont have food in heaven?), video games and the usual need to say F*** YOU.

with that said, lets assumed that heaven exist, shouldn't heaven be more like nexus? oh and nexus is that energy ribbon in star trek: generations. it allows us to do what ever we want, to live our life as our perfect dream, just plain happiness

what you guys think

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I too have always found the Christian concept of heaven rather boring, but Christians would say if you find the idea of being eternally in God's presence praising and worshipping him boring/unappealing and desire to engage in other aforementioned more "worldly" activities, you are not a good Christian and therefore won't be going there anyway. Also one could say that compared to the alternative, eternal burning/torture , it is a pretty good bargain. Besides things that are a part of the pop culture version of heaven (pearly gates, streets of gold, milk & honey ect.), what does the bible actually say about heaven?

The Islamic concept of heaven is a lot more "appealing" as it talks about having mansions, abundance of great foods and drinks, beautiful servants who never tire, and perfect spouses (No forty virgins, at least not in the translation I read). This is more "appealing in a worldly sense, but even if heaven was like nexus, wouldn't that eventually get boring after say a few zillion years. I can't think of anything that would be interesting and appealing for eternity ( forever is a very longtime).

My own personal opinion is that all descriptions of heaven (and hell) in sacred works are simply allegories to try and relate it to things that people alive at the time of the Bible could understand. If there is a heaven or hell, They are likely to be something beyond our imagination and concepts of time, space, and place.

ME

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Heaven = Space/Universe, or maybe a part of space.

"In my Fathers house there are many mansions"

Where is his fathers house? Heaven.

"I must go and prepare a place for you" Go where? To Heaven. Prepare what? One of the mansions/dwellings/planets.

And I agree, traditional views of heaven sound quite boring, but if it is what I am thinking, it will be oustanding.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
didn't someone once say, 'the kingdom is within'?
man, i'm BIG!

ME

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think it was the Kingdom is at hand/here/there/everywhere.

Wich only strengthens my theory of Heaven.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xone
The Islamic concept of heaven is a lot more "appealing" as it talks about having mansions, abundance of great foods and drinks, beautiful servants who never tire, and perfect spouses (No forty virgins, at least not in the translation I read). This is more "appealing in a worldly sense, but even if heaven was like nexus, wouldn't that eventually get boring after say a few zillion years. I can't think of anything that would be interesting and appealing for eternity ( forever is a very longtime).

^Illmatic67 post of the day.

Congratulations xone.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
the islamic thought of heaven appeals to me as well. eat, drink and have sex all day long

top topics

join