It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£1 shop UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi all,

For your information folks.
I popped into my local poundland store today and they are re-stocking alot of the camping gear again.
I picked up a roll mat today, It's not the thickest on the market but if you have to sleep out in the open, it gets you off the floor and you could always put any natural padding underneath it.

They also had binoculars back in as well as multi tool pen knifes.

Regards.

Colec

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yeah mate, ive picked up a few bits from there, such as ponchos [adults & kids], batteries, foldable seats, hi-vis vests, tow-rope, duct tape, binoculars, and a few other bits & bobs.
Well worth a visit

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Up here in Scotland we don't seem to have a poundland, as far as I know. Are you saying that you can buy binoculars for a pound ? If so, can they be any good ?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What a pair of cheap skates lol

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

third

[edit on 8-3-2009 by big gee]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post if East London gets that particular stock (not S.Africa).

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

Are you serious ?

Every other shop in the West of Scotland is a Poundland

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Our local poundland has vesta beef currys etc for a quid ago, over 1000 cals per pkt, and 18 month consume by date. Each box has 2 pkts, one rice, one beef curry mix. Curry mix doesnt need much water but rice is water intensive. Use the curry mix with alternative "instant" rice and thats a quick meal thats cal rich.

Rgds

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

I have brought a set of the £1 binoculars, they are alright.
OK they are not top of the range but as I do state on many of my posts, Something is better than nothing.

Again it all depends of your need. Do you need binoculars ? If so give them a try. If they are not what you need or are no good you have lost £1.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spannera
What a pair of cheap skates lol

Yep I'm a cheap skate, thanks for your excellent reply and input to this thread.

Ok back to the topic.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I bought a compass from there last year..
let's just say after driving twice around a roundabout to test it..
I went around a third time to squish it good n proper..

You can get some great non 'crucial quality dependent' buys in there tho.. like fishing lines,mats,led torches etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass
reply to post by big gee

Are you serious ?

Every other shop in the West of Scotland is a Poundland

Hi Lass, my town does not have Poundland as such, but every other shop seems to be a Charity Shop, Cancer Research, Bernardo, Oxfam etc. Does that count ?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I mostly buy my blank DVD's and CD-R's there, along with my husbands DV tapes for his camera.

I find some great buys there on occassion and their gardening products help save a lot of money from elsewhere. We bought our compost there last year.

Our poundland is quite small, even though it is in the high street here in Norwich. I know some places have much larger shops and there are many more items in stock.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Three triangular bandages...£1

Eight various conforming (crepe rolller) bandages...£1

Enamel drinking cup (why did I not already have one!?)...£1

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
reply to post by big gee

I have brought a set of the £1 binoculars, they are alright.

Same here i think they are OK for the sake of a quid.

Something is better than nothing.

100% agree with you, we all havent got fortunes to spend on the best equipment...get what you can

TBH, its suprising what these shops have got if you are prepared to go in and have a look around, enamel plates, cups, and knife,fork and spoon in a set for a £1.00...last week , went in again to get some more this week.."sold-out"?

top topics

join