It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templar church sites form Pentagram and Hexagram on map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hi, I was just interested to hear peoples opinions on this, while researching ley lines I came accross this website:

check out the map room page.

www.templarmechanics.com...

Living locally I have just been to have a look at the site at Temple Bruer.

I thought that the pentagram was considered a bad symbol to the church? Satanism?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Pentagram originally meant a lot of other stuff than what so-called christians tell us nowadays..
Other than that, sort-of interesting find, i wonder if they planned it (well i'm pretty sure they did) but maybe it meant something else for them - who knows

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n
Hi, I was just interested to hear peoples opinions on this, while researching ley lines I came accross this website:

I thought that the pentagram was considered a bad symbol to the church? Satanism?
Nah, that's just Christian rubbish that was invented to make the older religions look bad as Christianity spread and took over.

I presume you're aware that ley lines are not manmade. I don't think it's all that unusual that religious structures have been built on ley lines for centuries, and as older "pagan" holy sites were co-opted by the Church, those same sites were used, new churches being built on the ruins of the old.

I won't argue against the existence of ley lines... I've traveled the line from Tintagel to Glastonbury to Avebury and there are at least 7 significant churches, holy wells or stone circles along that line.

I do take exception to the notion that the Templars were involved in all the sites he lists. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I was under the impression that the Templars themselves weren't as active in the UK as they were on the continent. Sure, there's the legend that after their dissolution by the pope some of the remnants went to Scotland and joined the Hospitalers under Robert the Bruce. (Which leads to many of the Rosslyn chapel connections) But, for instance, I've never heard the Templars associated with Glastonbury before seeing that site, and he doesn't seem to do much to back up those claims.

join