It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Fireman Confesses- It was a UFO!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Learhoag

Yes, there are a lot of people who need to finish High School. Anymore in the United States that is about half the people in the population.
However, I am not one of them.
Your point?

Oh wait, I shouldn't expect one from you.
Everything that spews from your fingertips is condescending and never on point.
The only time you even post is when you decide to cut someone down.

By the way, you offered evidence counter to the Roswell incident. I asked for some that would counter the military claim that they had captured a flying saucer. You didn't respond.
Care to now since you "graced us" (
) with your ultimate knowledge on the subject once more?

I'll edit once more to reiterate that this is exactly why I normally choose not to debate these issues. Simple fact of the matter is, there is no true winner. It is a Grey issue.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You are simple to deal with. I don't "cut" anyone down, they do it themselves with their comments. You've done just fine.

I never offered any evidence regarding Roswell, that's a no brainer. The evidence recovered speaks for itself and no matter how badly you want to turn it into "alien" and "UFO" the real evidence betrays your opinion.

I would say that you choose not to debate the issue(s) because IMO you are not qualified, evidentially, to present a factual argument. You rely on fantasy, I don't.

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Yes, there are a lot of people who need to finish High School. Anymore in the United States that is about half the people in the population.
However, I am not one of them.
Your point?

Oh wait, I shouldn't expect one from you.
Everything that spews from your fingertips is condescending and never on point.
The only time you even post is when you decide to cut someone down.

By the way, you offered evidence counter to the Roswell incident. I asked for some that would counter the military claim that they had captured a flying saucer. You didn't respond.
Care to now since you "graced us" (
) with your ultimate knowledge on the subject once more?

I'll edit once more to reiterate that this is exactly why I normally choose not to debate these issues. Simple fact of the matter is, there is no true winner. It is a Grey issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What REAL evidence do you have?
None. There is no evidence of this case. Unless you mean the photos of the balloon that they say they recovered AFTER they said it was a saucer and that was later contradicted by saying there were actually dummies there also.
You are simply gainsaying my argument. This is a complete waste of time and I will not waste the effort any longer.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I want to clarify my last post without editing it, as it has probably already been read...

What I should have said was that the evidence of this being exactly what the Army said the event was in the first place is in pretty good standing in the fact that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting their claim...

The only hard evidence is the likely staged photos they took after they retracted their claim.

The reason I say it was likely staged is because they changed their story after that... twice.

Other than that, this is a dead issue. And this is my last post on this thread.

PS - LearHoag, you have compelled me to do something I had promised myself I wouldn't do. Use the ignore function. When you say you don't cut anyone down, that is a blatant lie. This is evidenced by your activity on this thread. Never on point. Each and every post you have is critical of someone. Be them a UFOlogist that you disagree with, or someone on this thread you disagree with. You have never stated anything of any real opinion for yourself. Nothing of your own input. Just insults. "Believer pap." ... "Someone needs to finish High School."... etc. etc.
Congrats.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The reverse engineering theorists have been battling this subject for ages. While there are many interesting views regarding this, it should not be outright tossed out the window as fictitous.

This was from 2004, very few responses back in those days. Had this OP posted this today, he would have been hammered and ridiculed non-stop to prove his theorys.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are supposed to form your own opinion after you have exhausted your own research. Far too many closed minds here.....

Try this thread as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

More....(quick Google stuff, nothing to back it up really, still digging)

www.beyondweird.com...
www.v-j-enterprises.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Lastly, the guy doesn't want anything in return. The writer won't even disclose who he is yet out of respect for a dying man. I'm confident that after he passes away, we may very well see a video of an interview, or audio, or something to substantiate the claim.

I personally have a great interest in the entire Roswell incident, and am hopeful I too could get some answers one day. At this time...I'm only being told the standard Military response from that day, "I know nothing", with a smirk and a grin to back it up, from an 88 year old retired Lt. Col., who sadly enough, is also close to his end.

I hope the truth has time to come out.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned the roswell incident was a recovered foreign
satellite or a screwed up first attempt at space flight. It would explain why the governemnt is so secretive about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Amabo Kcarab

OP:

Star & Falg interesting find.

Amabo Kcarab:

Irrelevant, c'mon it's only an UFO, you're right, nothing interesting here, just another spaceship crash, WHO CARES ? Worry on economy, give your opinion in the relevant forum.

Saludos

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just to add!

2002 SEALED AFFIDAVIT OF WALTER G. HAUT

DATE: December 26, 2002

WITNESS: Chris Xxxxxx

NOTARY: Beverlee Morgan

(1) My name is Walter G. Haut

(2) I was born on June 2, 1922

(3) My address is 1405 W. 7th Street, Roswell, NM 88203

(4) I am retired.

(5) In July, 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air Base in Roswell, New Mexico, serving as the base Public Information Officer. I had spent the 4th of July weekend (Saturday, the 5th, and Sunday, the 6th) at my private residence about 10 miles north of the base, which was located south of town.

(6) I was aware that someone had reported the remains of a downed vehicle by midmorning after my return to duty at the base on Monday, July 7. I was aware that Major Jesse A. Marcel, head of intelligence, was sent by the base commander, Col. William Blanchard, to investigate.

(7) By late in the afternoon that same day, I would learn that additional civilian reports came in regarding a second site just north of Roswell. I would spend the better part of the day attending to my regular duties hearing little if anything more.

(8) On Tuesday morning, July 8, I would attend the regularly scheduled staff meeting at 7:30 a.m. Besides Blanchard, Marcel; CIC [Counterintelligence Corp] Capt. Sheridan Cavitt; Col. James I. Hopkins, the operations officer; Lt. Col. Ulysses S. Nero, the supply officer; and from Carswell AAF in Fort Worth, Texas, Blanchard's boss, Brig. Gen. Roger Ramey and his chief of staff, Col. Thomas J. Dubose were also in attendance. The main topic of discussion was reported by Marcel and Cavitt regarding an extensive debris field in Lincoln County approx. 75 miles NW of Roswell. A preliminary briefing was provided by Blanchard about the second site approx. 40 miles north of town. Samples of wreckage were passed around the table. It was unlike any material I had or have ever seen in my life. Pieces which resembled metal foil, paper thin yet extremely strong, and pieces with unusual markings along their length were handled from man to man, each voicing their opinion. No one was able to identify the crash debris.

(9) One of the main concerns discussed at the meeting was whether we should go public or not with the discovery. Gen. Ramey proposed a plan, which I believe originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. Attention needed to be diverted from the more important site north of town by acknowledging the other location. Too many civilians were already involved and the press already was informed. I was not completely informed how this would be accomplished.

(10) At approximately 9:30 a.m. Col. Blanchard phoned my office and dictated the press release of having in our possession a flying disc, coming from a ranch northwest of Roswell, and Marcel flying the material to higher headquarters. I was to deliver the news release to radio stations KGFL and KSWS, and newspapers the Daily Record and the Morning Dispatch.

(11) By the time the news release hit the wire services, my office was inundated with phone calls from around the world. Messages stacked up on my desk, and rather than deal with the media concern, Col Blanchard suggested that I go home and "hide out."

(12) Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar located on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic. No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.

(13) Also from a distance, I was able to see a couple of bodies under a canvas tarpaulin. Only the heads extended beyond the covering, and I was not able to make out any features. The heads did appear larger than normal and the contour of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 year old child. At a later date in Blanchard's office, he would extend his arm about 4 feet above the floor to indicate the height.

(14) I was informed of a temporary morgue set up to accommodate the recovered bodies.

(15) I was informed that the wreckage was not "hot" (radioactive).

(16) Upon his return from Fort Worth, Major Marcel described to me taking pieces of the wreckage to Gen. Ramey's office and after returning from a map room, finding the remains of a weather balloon and radar kite substituted while he was out of the room. Marcel was very upset over this situation. We would not discuss it again.

(17) I would be allowed to make at least one visit to one of the recovery sites during the military cleanup. I would return to the base with some of the wreckage which I would display in my office.

(18) I was aware two separate teams would return to each site months later for periodic searches for any remaining evidence.

(19) I am convinced that what I personally observed was some type of craft and its crew from outer space.

(20) I have not been paid nor given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: Walter G. Haut

December 26, 2002

Signature witnessed by:

Chris Xxxxxxx

See also

www.associatedcontent.com...

en.wikipedia.org...-59

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Amabo Kcarab

Well you are not going to get a job cleaning their ships with an attitude like that are you ?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow! A "smoking gun"!

Let's get real. He was born in 1922. In 1947 he was 25, young and foolish. In 2002 he was 80. An 80-year-old man trying to remember something that happened 33 years earlier. Nothing else to remember between 1947 and 2002. From approx. 1980 to 2002 he became aware of the brouhaha initiated by or abetted by Stanton Friedman.

I do not trust Haut's memories for nothing emerged from Roswell to prove anything he says.

If he had been hypnotized there is a good possibility that the story would have been different reflecting the truth as reported THEN.

reply to post by Bob Down Under

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

and the only reason you chose to believe it and not question any aspect is becuase you want it to be true.

Wha.. huh? Could you point out where I said I believe his story is true? I am akin to Stanton Friedman. I believe nothing at first blush. I think 95%+ of crop circles are bunk, and probably the same for abduction reports. I dismiss more ufo reports than believe them. Please don't assume to lump me in with some group you apparently have some weird grudge with, because they don't mirror your beliefs.

It bears further investigation. Not investigating because you feel it's not true, is very sloppy research. As far as Roswell goes in general, it's very compelling. It's one of a handful of cases that I feel really do warrant a lot more research.

Consider that: The highest ranks of our armed forces said they captured a 'flying disc." Roswell.. where they conducted many secret tests of high-end aircraft and nuclear testing. That they wouldn't know the difference between a satellite, or a weather balloon, and something alien, is laughable. The base commander approved the story release.

After the event: More flights from the most important bases around the nation (including all the ones conducting eyes-only research) arrived and left Roswell, in great #'s. There are flight logs to prove it. Same with phone calls. Why would so many other bases be interested in a dummy-filled test weather balloon?

A LOT of witnesses have come forward. At one time (years ago), it was 110 witnesses. Now it's more. Why? They are all that stupid? That naive? Or is it more likely they do know something? They are telling the truth?

Radio stations were threatened. So was the rancher. So were others.

There was more debris found filling more trucks than any balloon + dummies could do. Jessie found and reported about stuff he had never seen before, as did his family. Unique materials that responded in amazing ways.

There are so many accounts from witnesses that speak of something much larger, it's laughable to me at least, the folks can dismiss them all. I'd suggest folks read Stanton's book on this. He spent some 10 years researching this case. I think when people dismiss it out of hand, they really haven't done a whole lot of research about Roswell at all. But are very vocal about how they feel it's a satellite, or a plane, or something like that.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag
Wow! A "smoking gun"!

Let's get real. He was born in 1922. In 1947 he was 25, young and foolish. In 2002 he was 80. An 80-year-old man trying to remember something that happened 33 years earlier. Nothing else to remember between 1947 and 2002. From approx. 1980 to 2002 he became aware of the brouhaha initiated by or abetted by Stanton Friedman.

I do not trust Haut's memories for nothing emerged from Roswell to prove anything he says.

If he had been hypnotized there is a good possibility that the story would have been different reflecting the truth as reported THEN.

YAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Is that all you got! come on you can do better that that?

If my old grandfarther could remember his WI trench days and all his battle buddies before he past on then may be he was one in a million also.

Or does alzheimer's happen run in your family?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag

You know I believe him more than I would most of the people I meet on the streets and some of whom I find on these threads.
Some people have very good memories and others suffer from CRS syndrome [ Can't Remember Snip ]
Age has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
satellite or a screwed up first attempt at space flight. It would explain why the governemnt is so secretive about it.

I'll go one better

I believe it was something to do with putting Nukyellar weapons in space.
Mogul, was a Nukyellar Blast detector as claimed by the Government.
So why would you put a Nukyellar Blast Detector in space?. The US would
have been absolutly paranoid if the ruskies found out they were putting
Nukes in Space. Possibly leading to another war.

They had satelites, They had Nukes, They had the Russian Paranoia

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

A good point but if it was why keep it a secret for 60yrs?

They had plenty of screwed up rocket launches over the years and most of if not all were reported.

Even a black project back then would be worth nothing these days.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

I was going to add something else but now I have forgotten?

Damn my short memory!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This reminds me a lot of Earl Fulford's testimony last year (ATS thread link HERE) and I believe this fireman fellow is also genuine. Unfortunately in the Fulford thread, I was attacked by skeptical idiots that shouldn't be registered at ATS.. I mean, if you don't believe in this stuff, why pretend you have a concern for Ufology? This is like me signing up at a Hilary Duff forum and telling the members not to buy her cds because she's no Barbra Streisand. Something does not compute!

Sadly, Earl Fulford passed away last August. A telling reminder these witnesses are not going to be around forever. You can read more about the Earl Fulford testimony (and download his interview) HERE - /ckx4sz - at the Open Minds forum.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
nowwhere in the army press release did they say it was of extra terrestrial origin. They also never called it a flying suacer the term they used was "disc". In the context of 1947 nobody knew what these flying discs people were "seeing" actually were.

we know the "disc" is a figment of peoples imagination. Theres also a declaisfied memo describing the "disc". 2 feet across , shiny foil, hexagonal shape. Sounds like a radar target to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Well theres one good reason to keep things quiet. Imagine you are riding a submarine full of lies... if you want people to think theres no reason to worry, and that there is no submarine, you dive, and keep it off the map. If you scoot about on the surface, then everyone can see the conning tower, and will wonder..."Well heck, if thats what I can see of the damn thing , I wonder how much else is down there !!??" If you deny everything, then revealling the truth becomes harder, because you have to be even more careful about what you say and when.
Might be that actualy telling people what happened at roswell might not be so bad, but the links some people would make to what ever really happened, might lead to other, less palatable questions later.
We deny Ignorance, they deny everything.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
'We have to realize that until a story is officially written by the AP and passed along to all media sources this will never be heard by mass population.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
This reminds me a lot of Earl Fulford's testimony last year (ATS thread link HERE) and I believe this fireman fellow is also genuine. Unfortunately in the Fulford thread, I was attacked by skeptical idiots that shouldn't be registered at ATS.. I mean, if you don't believe in this stuff, why pretend you have a concern for Ufology? This is like me signing up at a Hilary Duff forum and telling the members not to buy her cds because she's no Barbra Streisand. Something does not compute!

Sadly, Earl Fulford passed away last August. A telling reminder these witnesses are not going to be around forever. You can read more about the Earl Fulford testimony (and download his interview) HERE - /ckx4sz - at the Open Minds forum.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by RiotComing]

I Want to Believe

There are so many obvious hoaxs on this board, I feel it is my duty
as a honourary member of the royal order of skeptics to question everything.
I never accept anything at face value, without checking if it is valid first.
Anybody that doesn't, well you know....and especially with the Internet.
You wade through tons and tons of crap to find something remotely
plausible. It's probably something like 90% crap, 8% maybe, 5% Intesting and 3% real.

The board is also not just about Aliens and UFOs. And if you deny those
skeptics aren't you blindly accepting the truth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join