It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Government taking power without consent of the governed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Declaration of Independence is an important document. It ranks in the top three, the other two being the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I find that a great deal of power is protected from tyranny embedded in the Declaration of Independence.

For example;

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

www.archives.gov...

It seems to me that the government has taken power without consent of the Governed.

For example;

Senators Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan concur with Pomeroy that Minot AFB would be an ideal location for the new nuclear command, among their reasons being it is the only dual nuclear wing base

www.minotdailynews.com...

Have the governed consented to establishing a Global Strike Command?

Oh, and locate in the center of the country, using people as a human shield. If you really wanted to be strategic, wouldn't you locate these on the coasts?

And another current example is this;

A top federal cybersecurity official resigned this week in a letter sharply critical of what he described as a power grab by the National Security Agency.

Rod Beckström, director of Homeland Security's National Cybersecurity Center, said in his letter that NSA "effectively controls DHS cyber efforts through detailees, technology insertions," and has proposed moving some functions to the agency's Fort Meade, Md., headquarters

news.cnet.com...

Power grabs within the government? Can't the governed see this is getting out of hand.

Remember the Declaration of Independence. It was directed toward the King of England and some of the things he was doing. Sounds familiar.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

www.archives.gov...

Because of nearly $500 million in infrastructure improvements secured for the base since 2000, Minot AFB is in excellent condition.

Air Force officials say Global Strike Command will provide a clear chain of command for all Air Force nuclear forces and better serve the nation's nuclear deterrence and global strike missions.

www.minotdailynews.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
yes they are. and they wont read the manual on why they shouldnt do it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Well, when the NSA, a spy agency, is put in charge of security system designed for defense, it means the Einstein Program has turned its ears and eyes on us, the governed. Anti government rhetoric will soon not be tolerated.

In other words, Big Brother is watching you.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by doctordoom]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
and always has been. hasnt it? since the late 50s theyve been doing some type of domestic spying, right? back to the first communist threat?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My personal opinion on the reason these "Power Grab's" continue and will continue ....

The elected officials of our government do not believe that "we the people" want to be bothered with all the minutia of day to day politics. Therefore they do what they do until someone slaps their hand.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yes, yes they are and they will continue to do it because the people aren't informed. We didn't pay attention in history class when the teacher was discussing the declaration of independence and the constitution, and, as a result, the vast majority of Americans don't know what's in them.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cnichols
My personal opinion on the reason these "Power Grab's" continue and will continue ....

The elected officials of our government do not believe that "we the people" want to be bothered with all the minutia of day to day politics. Therefore they do what they do until someone slaps their hand.

My opinion is that those in power perpetuate more reliance of said power.

Without our reliance on them, they don't have a job, and would actually have
to put in an honest days work for a living.

Instead, more and more, business meetings become tax paid luncheon in important political responsibilities are sold to the highest bidding lobbyist.

When money and power becomes more important than the rights, freedoms and pursuit of happiness for the common (most important) laborer, and the higher educated become the preffered, then it is time in my opinion to abolish their power, and start over,

a right instilled in the Declaration of Independence.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My answer is a big fat yes! I think it is a cycle the people become free blah blah the leaders slowly consoldate power, there is a revolution it all happens again. Although sometimes the leaders can hold powere for a very long time, because they are so powerful. I think that is why many are so scared of the "new world order" because the government would be so powerful i.e all the worlds nukes military ect. consoldated under one power. How could their ever be a revolution against such power?

new topics

top topics

join