It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Intelligence: Iran Can Produce Nuclear Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

www.israelnationalnews.com

(IsraelNN.com) Military Intelligence Chief Amos Yadlin told the cabinet Sunday that Iran has achieved the technological ability to produce a nuclear weapon. According to Yadlin, all that remains for Iran to produce the weapon is will and time.

Yadlin estimated that Iran will try to draw out the U.S. in futile negotiations to give it time to produce a nuclear bomb. Many Israeli officials have said that Israel will stop Iran and that “all options” for dealing with the threat are on the table.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The EXACT Headline

[edit on 3/8/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A statement from a senior Israeli official Major General Amos Yadlin, current head of the Israeli Military Intelligence Directorate and former Israel Defence Forces (IDF) military attaché to Washington, D.C has been released. In the stated claims Mr Amos is quoted as saying Iran has the capability of creating nuclear weapons. The statement very much looks to force the hand the United States of America.

The former General of the Israeli Airforce was heavily involved in Operation Opera which was responsible for the destruction of a Iraqi nuclear reactor, with this article it would seem he is eager to be involved in any future operation against ‘enemy’ nuclear apparatus. In any event the ever increasing pressure cooker in the Middle East has raised a notch further, this time however with Iran as the prime target of claims and pressure, and the United States the ones being pulled into the situation.

The following is a report from israelnationalnews.com on March 8th 2009.

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/8/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Isreal is going to be dissapointed. Obama will not go to war with Iran.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Digustedbyhumanity I hope you are right, if President Obama helps out Israel then he is crazy. This incident is between Israel and Iran, not the USA.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Obama, while stating that "no option is off the table" is showing in recent days that he would rather talk with terrorists and rogue nations than do anything about them..

So what can we expect? While Obama is rolling out the red carpet and welcoming the Taliban and Iran, Israel will attack and then there's a problem for Mister "you are all friends"

He will be forced to either stick wit US policy and back Israel, showing him to be a hypocrite OR back Iran and WW3 will start as Israel just starts nuking everyone...

so c'mon I don't think Israel, even though it has its own agenda would force a hand that has 2 disastrous outcomes.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Your title is not the original title. Israel will surely try to press on US for the Iranian nuclear program issue - but you should write that inside your post since you must use original headline.
which is:

Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated), too obscure or already biased. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. (This is a judgement call and may be modified by a moderator.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Breaking news conditions terms.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm betting like Bush, Obama is looking for ANY reason to invade Iran. Though the reason maybe more craftier then Bush's

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Sorry, is it a site policy that the original title must be used?

Through the title I instead looked to represent my take on the story and the topic in which I was looking to discuss. In my eyes the statements clearly show a desire from Mr Amos to provoke a response as the statements ultimately leave the United States in a situation that requires a response, hence the title.

Edit; "If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting". I feel with this the original articles title is innappropriate, my reasoning for submitting is exactly as the title suggests. To evaluate whether my opinion is correct that it is indeed forcing the hand of the United States.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by MrAnonUK]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's nice to think that Obama would say "No" to Israel but I don't know if he can. Consider this scenario -

Netanyahu: Iran can produce Nuclear weapons so we must stop them NOW!
Obama: No!! - That is a bad idea, we won't help or be involved in any way.
Netanyahu: Ok – have it your way. We are going to attack Iran with or without your help and you have over 100,000 troops within striking range of their missiles. Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Obama, while stating that "no option is off the table" is showing in recent days that he would rather talk with terrorists and rogue nations than do anything about them..

So what can we expect? While Obama is rolling out the red carpet and welcoming the Taliban and Iran, Israel will attack and then there's a problem for Mister "you are all friends"

He will be forced to either stick wit US policy and back Israel, showing him to be a hypocrite OR back Iran and WW3 will start as Israel just starts nuking everyone...

so c'mon I don't think Israel, even though it has its own agenda would force a hand that has 2 disastrous outcomes.

I also doubt very much Israel would indeed look to force the United States hand to the extent of war; however war is by no stretch of the imagination the only conclusion. The rhetoric is indeed interesting, forcing the hand of the United States does not suggest imminent military conflict.

To me the statements rather suggest 'The United States should be wary of Iran’s supposed attempts to side track them whilst they complete development.' Even the United States would not go to war based on just these statements, it'll merely force the political hand in one way or another in discussions between the three parties.

Ultimately in my eyes leaving the forced question upon the American Feds 'should we look to change our current policies on Iran and their nuclear development?'

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

I thought this article was important, but perhaps I overlooked the magnitude of potential implications myself. It didn't even cross my mind to consider such a scenario as you suggest, thought provoking definitely.

Hopefully my initial thoughts, of simply forcing the United States hand in a political pressure sense only are the correct thoughts.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think Obama has no other way then to go ahead of taking out Iran. There is no other way when Iran drops the bomb on Israel and Jerusalem is destroyed , then Obama is other way then go ahead with NATO and take Iran of the face of this planet .. like it or don't like it but all signs are heading that way.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
IS-RA-EL

Pillar(I), Serpent Energy(S), Sun God(RA), Pyramid(EL/3 pillars and square)

Isreal is a cryptic for the ritual perhaps?

At least this works in english..i mean american.

These times are all lies. A deceiver is tricking you. And using you. And abusing you. And it hates you. I know this because I study, and observe.

George Jetson everbody..K? GO!

[edit on 8-3-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Way over my head mate, but I personally doubt it as the word Israel is only a translated name and dissimilar to the original spelling (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל‎, Yisra'el; Arabic: إِسْرَائِيلُ‎, Isrā'īl.)

new topics

top topics

join