It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What strange abilities do you have?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have the ability to see into the future...I'm psychic.

For example, I sort of cheated on one of my mid terms my freshman year in college. I saw the answers for the test and when test day came I was able to answer every question correctly. I got in A in the class. I sort of felt bad when it was over, but I hated the teacher so I got over it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
I live in a 100 yr. old home and there is an "entity" here

Yes, there's a lot of new buildings where I live too.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have the ability to lip read. I had to learn it as I cannot hear a damned thing after getting the mumps at around 3yrs old and surviving with damaged ear nerves.

Its fascinating to observe peoples conversations from a distance in work, nights out or in public as I am blessed with 20/20 vision but crap when people are shouting on you from another room etc.

Seriously though. Many people do not even know im around 80% deaf as I hide it, even from my employer and partner of over a decade etc.

It became a weird ability after I realised that telling people you are over 50 % deaf only results in people speaking to you like you are retarded even after they have been speaking normal to you before and they never noticed you were basically deaf. Ie, HELLO, I AM JOHN, I AM A MAN WHO LIKES TO GO TO THEEE CIN-EMA O-N A SAT-UR-DAAAY. WHAT DO YOOO LIKE TO DOOOO?

I can speak fine in case you are wondering etc.

Its my little secret

[edit on 8-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have precognitive dreams. They show me things I should not know about people and it has always turned out to be true. Also future events in symbolism that I have learned to interpret. Sometimes things are hard to interpret because my wishful thinking gets in the way so sometimes I can only realize the meaning after the fact.

I feel spirits/beings around me. Movements on my bed, and a heavy presence that hovered over me.

Once I very clearly heard a voice that said "(my name) stay tuned". My closest description of this would be the sound of a thousand rushing waters (from the bible I think). A few minutes later there was a sing-song voice that said "watch the light). This is not an ability, just an experience.

I also have learned to interpret things that happen in everyday life and their meaning to my life. This comes as an immediate knowing.

I do think these things only come when you open yourself to the possibilities by stepping out of the box.

Symbolism and coincidences are heavy in my life, as I expect it is in most people's lives if they only took the time to try to understand.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ADHDsux4me

i can make myself see with my eyes closed(aka lucid dreaming). but what makes me different than other lucids is that I instead of trying to control my dream I try to realize I can bring that power to the here, now, the "reality." everytime I try, I awake with visual jagged edges(PS1ish and a contorting headache that goes away within 20-60 seconds. is this bad for my mind? should I continue?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I tend to flip out at times in anticipation of meltdowns, but when the actual trauma happens, I go deep within and become calm and insightful. I guess you could say trauma brings out my spiritual side, to the point that I become a super-genius of some sort.

As long as I can contain the potential for pride, and keep my focus on serving others during whatever trauma is present, my psyche remains integrated, and tremendously aware.

Besides this, I'm becoming more intuitive, and psychic as the days progress. There's down days, and periods where it seems to nearly fade out, but it always remains to some extent, and overall I see growth.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pa.Frost
i can make myself see with my eyes closed(aka lucid dreaming). but what makes me different than other lucids is that I instead of trying to control my dream I try to realize I can bring that power to the here, now, the "reality." everytime I try, I awake with visual jagged edges(PS1ish and a contorting headache that goes away within 20-60 seconds. is this bad for my mind? should I continue?

Hey, I know where you are coming from. I've had this thought that all of this too is just another dream, and that if one can become lucid within this realm/dream, one could manipulate things just as easily as in any other dream. And, I have been experimenting with this idea during deep meditation, and I'm convinced there is something to this. Keep practicing and experimenting with this .. there could come a day when folks like us that can do this might just save the day, when for example, we see some big asteroid headed our way, and our only hope of salvation is to, collectively, change the course of such events.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I have the ability to lip read. I had to learn it as I cannot hear a damned thing after getting the mumps at around 3yrs old and surviving with damaged ear nerves.

Its fascinating to observe peoples conversations from a distance in work, nights out or in public as I am blessed with 20/20 vision but crap when people are shouting on you from another room etc.

Seriously though. Many people do not even know im around 80% deaf as I hide it, even from my employer and partner of over a decade etc.

It became a weird ability after I realised that telling people you are over 50 % deaf only results in people speaking to you like you are retarded even after they have been speaking normal to you before and they never noticed you were basically deaf. Ie, HELLO, I AM JOHN, I AM A MAN WHO LIKES TO GO TO THEEE CIN-EMA O-N A SAT-UR-DAAAY. WHAT DO YOOO LIKE TO DOOOO?

I can speak fine in case you are wondering etc.

Its my little secret

[edit on 8-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

I had double ear infections over and over again in my late teens. I do what you do. *big hugz* we's homies yo, lol!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm ecstatic to see so many new faces here posting to my query. Please humor me, I worked a crazy shift, I had to travel 5 hours to work 4.5 hours, and then another 5 back, so I'm stupid tired. I promise I will detail more myself in 12-48 hours. If anyone Likes this subject matter, please search my name on the site. I have plenty of "brainy" and empathic things and feelings to express.

Peace, Love/Light/sex?monkies, lol

-ADHD

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I had the weirdest Deja Vu moment today. I was helping my mother put up a butterfly quilt today and when she asked me if it looked straight or not, I was like WOAH?! Deja Vu! I said this because I had a dream a while ago just like it with this particular moment featured in it... Deja Vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

[edit on 3/9/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I dont know if this is a gift but it's pretty cool. If I think about something really hard or just focus on it right before i go to bed. I usually dream about it. But most of the time I just have sex dreams lol. But lately I've been dreaming bad. About a friend of mine that commited suicide on new yrs. It's pretty tough to dream about him. and on top of that the dreams make no sense to me. I dont understand why they are so hard for me to "interprit" and understand.
my two cents yo

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i have post-cognitive dreams, i dream about things after they happen!
I am empathetic, when my cat died i just knew my mom was sad!
I am pre-cognitive, when i let go of an object i KNOW it's going to fall!
I can visualize things i can't see, once i imagined what the roman senate was like but then i found out they didn't have light sabers in rome so i must have been looking into the future, or watching starwars.
I can fly, for really short periods of time aprox 6-8 fee!
I can change skin color when its summer!
I can submerge myself in water!
I am sarcastic!

hehe these are about as special as anyone elses 'special' gifts....

as for the rest of this thread's posters....

I can make a rock so heavy even i can't lift it,
chuck norris asks for my help in a fight,
i can clap with one hand,
i am the immortal spirit of truth.

just about covered most the bases i think....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Wow! The other day I happen to tune into a show and had the volume turned off. I swear I thought I could 'hear' what was coming out of the speaker's mouth!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I can do a really good Golem impression. Best I know!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

yeah, you never know... maybe one day I might meet up with yourself on the otherside... I am convinced as well, I am glad you stated that you are convinced. quite simply too real, just as if here, but more enhanced in ways yet blurred in other ways. sometimes it is more real than here and am on "a" same level as others. and whoever said you cannot read in dreams was incorrect.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by pa.Frost]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmatty
well I'm not sure if this qualifies as a strange ability, but here goes. Both of my parents and my parents parents wear eyeglasses, yet I was born with 20/10 vision. My eye doc says he is so jealous. So as lame as it sounds I have better than perfect vision.

we share the same kind of eyes
and the same kind of family

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 20/10 vision power

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I can learn and play along to songs on the spot having never heard them before...
I am not a session player... but somehow I am able to anticipate and react in a musical environment beyond what is typical with experienced and studied players.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

irishchec,

Nice tattoo but I can't see it very well. May I ask what it's depicting?

Obsidience

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wish I had something better...but I do find myself knowing lots of details about movies/tv shows when I have not even seen them. Information such as which actors were involved and when the movie was released, basic story line etc. easy stuff like that. But people around me always say "how do you know so much about it if you haven't seen it?" I don't know, I just do...

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I trained for 3 years as a BSL communicator/interpreter and my courses had lip-reading components in them. It's far, far harder than most people realise.

I take my hat off to you for being able to do this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join