It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What strange abilities do you have?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I will add to this discussion myself later as I've got to go to work. But, I wanted to see how common *special and near unexplainable* skills/gifts/curses were amongst the Interested ATS'ers on this subject.

Add personal stories or a list with a brief explanation of what you can do.

Thanks,

-ADHD a fellow Wanderer/Indigo/Buddha

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Umm. I can flex my arm the opposite direction it should go ( not all the way though ). Got me some attention when I went to school. Apart from that I'm not all that special, just the average joe

Do you have any special abilities OP?

[edit on 8-3-2009 by shadowland8]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm a pre-cog. As proof, I will state now that this thread will be answered by people making claims about special abilities without being able to back them up with any kind of evidence or feel they don't see the need to support their claims.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I can receive brief simple short messages from myself in the future. This (insider) knowledge has served me quite well so far, and I use it to my advantage almost daily. But, it's also scary and unsettling knowing in advance some of the things others do not yet know, especially the horrible stuff. I've already realize too that knowing some of these future things is pretty pointless in so far as trying to warn others, as they always laugh and ridicule and ignore such warnings and continue to believe what they want instead. So, screw humanity, ha, I now just use this info to be prepared for the future myself, and to take advantage of those that want to believe otherwise instead.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i found out during my army career, that i have natural albility to see in the dark seriusly well, and to sustain this fact my sarge always put me on point duty cause i could navigate in pitch black (well to me it was mixture of greys)
i put this ability down to not having a light on in the bedroom as a child so it developed from there,

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
well I'm not sure if this qualifies as a strange ability, but here goes. Both of my parents and my parents parents wear eyeglasses, yet I was born with 20/10 vision. My eye doc says he is so jealous. So as lame as it sounds I have better than perfect vision.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
While I can't scientifically prove that I have any actual "paranormal ability," I do have a very strong 6th sense of intuition.

Whenever I feel as though something can/may go wrong, I get a very weird feeling in the deepest pit of my stomach and head.

Again, nothing major here...but I have certainly learned to "listen" and "sense" when my body is somehow giving me a slight warning of some sort.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I remember most phone numbers.I don't have an address book and i don't program numbers in my phone.
In my job I have about 200 contacts and I never have to look around for a number,I just pick the phone up and dial it.
When buddies are here and we order food i look like a food junkie as all they have to do is say where we are getting our food and I always have the number memorized.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Pre Cog.
Ability to sense when "spirits" are nearby.
Ability to talk with and sense my spirit guide.

My pre cog is a very basic one, only major stuff and I usually get the feelings about 24 hours or so out from the actual occurrence. Other than that - nothing else really.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
I can receive brief simple short messages from myself in the future. This (insider) knowledge has served me quite well so far, and I use it to my advantage almost daily.

Your name isn't John Titor by any chance?

Actually, I'm surprised you're here online instead of traveling around the world on your private yacht which you purchased from winning the lottery every week! Let me guess... it doesn't work that way right?

I believe you but millions wouldn't!

IRM

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm clairaudient, and clairsentient to a degree. I have been all my life, but it's really only started to develop seriously in the last 4 years. I used to sit in a mediumship circle, and was amazed that I got such clear readings for people. I totally wasn't looking to do that, and it still shocks me now that it happens. As for the accuracy of the readings, you'll have to ask the people I read for. I find that information for them is presented to me in the form of internal images, like watching a film, in full colour, with no sound, and the images are really clear and detailed. The clairsentience aspect has just started to happen recently and I usually find that when I'm talking to people, even online on messenger, I will get reciprocal feelings to what they are experiencing, even physical symptoms, like a pain in my forehead and nose when my friend was just recovering from a sinus infection that I had no idea about. It's still all at a developmental stage, and I'm working on it, but it's really quite demanding.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can find people. Sometimes if I hold a picture of the person I can drive straight to the person (more like as the crow flies, not like Mapquest directions). If I am given a factual scenario I get a picture of the U.S. (like a wooden map puzzle you would get in kindergarten) and my "being" is moved or pulled or whatever in the direction that the person went. I use this for doing reunion of families work. (I do not charge because I am actually a little scared of possessing this gift and don't want to upset anything about it) -- so -- my gift is kind of a "locating" gift.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Empathic with the annoying tendency of picking up other people's nervous habits.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

That is the most interesting and the most testable one in this thread.

I expected a bunch of things that could never be 'experienced' outside the perception of those who are experiencing, but brief little messages from future (hell, from you from the future) could change our perception of how we interact with space/time.

Or maybe it is proof positive that someone in the future (ie: you or someone close to you in life or occupation) has figured out how to accurately communicate through time.

Can you talk 'ask' your future-self questions, or is it a one way line? Do you have any way of demonstrating this gift to us all; surley you must be able to share one of your more apparent messages.

So I come, specifically, to you with some sense of tempered anticipation. A gift like the one you profess to have begs so many questions and opens up the conversation into so many more.

I don't expect much in the way of response/proof (years of hopeful seeking has shaped my assumptions to the negative), but it would be so damn interesting if you had it.

Make me believe; I really want to.

With that:

I do not believe you for a second, but I am not going to mark your experience as someone making up stories on the internet until it becomes more clear that that is what you are, or are not, doing.

[edit on 3/8/0909 by spines]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have an odd connection with animals.

It's hard to explain.
For example my mom's boyfriend's cat is one of those loner cats that his owner can't even get it to come to him, but when I first saw it, It would just come to me, and purr, show affection ect. which according to my mom's boyfriend, never seen before, and he owned it for 7 years.

Animals are very comfortable around me.
I had a snake once, a eastern king snake, if anyone tried to hold it, it would strike at them, but it would never attempt to bite me, ever.

I had a German Shepard when I was a kid, we got her when she was 3 years old, the first day we got it, I spent like 5 mins with it and had to go to school, later when I came home my mom was mad at me for some reason, and yelled at me, and the dog just freaked out and stood in between me and my mom and barked a growled.

I've had squirrels and birds come within inches of me and not be afraid.

It's kinda cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Have you ever attempted to dive into your 'ability' a little more? What does it mean to be Empathic -- in your circumstance specifically.

I wish people would expand on it past one vague statement.

I have met (online and off) many people who claim the Empath experience...yet very few, online at least, are willing to explain what that means to them, how they use their 'ability', to what ends do they work for concerning their ability, how does it 'feel' when they are using their ability, etc...

So please, show me that 'Empath', in this situation, isn't just another slightly delusional neurotic.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will and make my penis go up into itself at will. Among many other useless abilities. And no, I cannot show any proof of this, nor would you want to see this.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I can heal......!!??

Sounds weird...i know. But i can take away back and neck pain and other pain people might have. I only do it with my direct family and it always works. I just hold my hand 10-20cm away from the area which hurts and i take away the pain....

The person who i'm helping will get a warm/hot sensation were i'm holding my hand (without touching the person).

Power of suggestion or something else???...i don't know but it works so what the h*ll.......

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am a very unpracticed Empath.

Empathy is probably the MOST common 'ability'. I believe it is the most primitive part of our '6th Sense' group.

Empathy comes on different levels, depending on what you're sensitive to. In a basic sense, empaths are able to feel and interpret the energies emanating from bodies (yes, I can be empathic towards a rock). Some empaths are sensitive towards residual energies, and usually are the ones who can tell you about the history of a building without knowing anything about it.

Other empaths are sensitive to animal emotion (not just human). They are usually the ones to become the typical 'treehugger' type.

Some empaths can feel peoples' secrets. Your aura tells all about you. It is the energy radiating from you, and contains all the information about you.

I seem to be somewhere in the middle of these 'types'. I'm not really good at any single one. I've met people that swing extreme one way or another, and are very practiced at what they can do.

So, I probably don't have anything that a skeptic would accept as proof (hell, we can't even prove that we exist to a skeptic...l seriously! Tell a skeptic to use the same debunking methods on that... no proof exists in a solid enough form to totally accept the existence of anything beyond my own perception. Philosophy is not a weapon, it is a tool for understanding!) On that note, you can all go _____ yourselves, and have a good day!

What you fill that blank in with reflects your own perception of this topic... if you dropped in a vulgar word automatically, just leave. All you are gonna do is drag down the discussion with derailment, intentionally or unintentionally. If you placed "enjoy" in that blank, then RIGHT ON! some people really need to take a look at their attitudes towards everything around them. Being an Empath, I get flooded by people's emotions and attitudes, and if I can get at least ONE person to change their negative view to a positive, that's awesome. It's hard to be in crowds without something to 'numb' me... beer works quite nicely, while other... stuff... just increases sensitivity. Caffeine increases my sensitivity as well. There may be a reason beer is such a social drug.

And a last note, Empathy is just a gateway ability, and usually leads to harder stuff like telepathy and maybe even to (gasp!) SELF AWARENESS! If you feel like you may have an empathic ability, save yourself and join a church somewhere that can rid you of this terrible demon! (yes, it is sarcasm
)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No, actually I dislike it and thusly try to ignore it not "dive into it" as you said. Provides me with more information than I really need or care to know about those around me.
As for the last part, considering the fact I am not submitting myself for your approval *nor do I need and/or crave it* I politely decline. And nor do I appreciate the inference that I am a "delusional neurotic" unless I can prove it to you which is impossible should you decide to not believe me.
I could say "It doesn't work over long distances." which is true and you can *and most likely would given your statement about delusional neurotics* call it convient and me a crazy liar.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join