It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Interesting - 1918 Flu Pandemic - Killed ONLY those Who RECEIVED Flu Shots - Not those who refu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have not had a flu vaccine since probably the age of 12 and i have only been really sick 2x since then.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The thing that worries me is the fact that pharmaceutical bigwigs are not known for their altruism, but for their greed. And one way to make BIG money is to create a problem first, then sell the solution, like Monsanto is doing to farmers all over the world.

Earlier questions in this thread were: why do these scientists show such an interest in the 1918 virus, and are working on reviving it? I am sure they have lots of scientifically convincing answers, how they want to identify separate genes etc etc. But follow the money: WHO funds these studies? And what motivates the people that fund them? Right. Greed and power.

Many scientists are driven by a yearning for fame and accolade from the academic world. They are so easily manipulated by the big pharmaceuticals. The true scientist with a drive to genuinely and humbly help mankind is a rare specimen to be protected by law.

This 1918 flu virus must look like the pot of gold to the pharmaceuticals. If it were to break out, and they happened to have a vaccine ready, just think of all the money they would make!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I am sorry, but it is getting so bad that I wonder some times if it wouldn't be best for humanity to have to start over, but the worst part of that line of thinking is that the only ones that would survive some epidemic would be the very same consciousness of people who have allowed things to get to this point in the first place.

This is exactly my thinking.

Not only on this issue, but on anything from cataclysmic earth changes, to Nibiru, to ET's. The people in charge are the ones representing humanity. We see these people lie and cheat their way to where they are.

Are these really the people to re-start the human race? People that would casually abandon 6 billion people in order to save what 'they' consider the cream.

Cream floats, like # and scum.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BooBetty

Hmmm...our old 'friend' problem, reaction, solution again...and again...and again.

When are we going to realise that we're taken for fools?

You've heard of 'give an inch - take a mile'? We give them miles - they take the entire world.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I've just come across this bit of information while reading up on the 1918 influenza epidemic.

According to this book titled The Pathology of Influenza - (1920)
There is some mention of a very strange similarity between Influenza and gas poisoning. It even mentions in the book that this view is controversial and bound to attract criticism.

The extra respiratory lesions of influenza are neither constant nor characteristic. Irrespective of localization, they have the same fundamental ESIOpathology characterized by : Vascular damage. Hemorrhage.

Organization with or without infection.
A basis for the interpretation of the respiratory lesions o/ influenza is offered by the analogous changes in the respiratory tract initiated by the inhalation of poisonous gases.
The respiratory lesions are dependent primarily upon the damage produced by the true etiological agent and the systemic capacity to compensate, and only secondarily upon invasion by the bacterial flora of the mouth and inspired air.

and

In gas poisoning it has been demonstrated that the initial damage to the epithelium of the larger air passages is followed by an invasion of the pulmonary parenchyma by the bacteria of the mouth.

Repeated cultures from the mouth before the exposure of the animal to gas have been followed by the recovery of the same organisms, including the pneumococci, the streptococci, the staphylococci, and a gram-negative, hemoglobinophilic, small bacillus from the pneumonic lung.

They find their way into the lung after the destruction or :"incapacitation of the upper respiratory tract, into a lung which has been so damaged by the irritative gas that bacteria innocuous in the normal
pharynx now find a favorable medium for their development.

There is no reason why this analogy should not be drawn, no reason why we should not consider that the unknown etiological agent in influenza produces a similar injury to, or even destruction of, the protective mechanism of the respiratory tract.

Similarly, gas and influenza damage the pulmonary parenchyma itself, so that the bacteria of the air and of the mouth which find their way into the damaged lung* initiate processes and produce complications which may not be distinguished.

"Cheesman and Meltzer (24) demonstrated as early as 1898 the importance of primary injury for the localization and
development of secondary infecting bacteria.

So, what I make of that is that it is POSSIBLE that if people were poisoned with chemical gas (Mustard gas once mentioned once or twice in the book, but also referred to just as gas poisoning) then not only would the damage to the lungs look similiar to Influenza (Spanish) but it could also weaken the body for the Flu to take effect.

Seems like this poisoning of the unknowing populace has been going on for quite a while.

BTW...I've read a few of these old books looking for references to any influenza vaccinations and there is no reference to any.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
I am for a long time pretty suspicious about all that shots issue.

personally I never took any and I do not intended too.

Originally posted by crw2006
I will never take a flu shot.

Originally posted by srsrecords
Back in '05, I took a flu shot

Since then I've refused any and all vaccines.

Originally posted by Oreyeon
I refuse to get vaccinated for anything, and always have.

Originally posted by mystiq
I advice everyone to stay away from flu vaccines as we are in dangerous times.

The level of paranoia on here is staggering.

The Flu vaccine contains no live virus, and therefore cannot infect you. I have taken it every year for 25 years and have never had the Flu.

These doctors of death sure are innefficient!

Link

The vaccine prevents influenza illness in approximately 70%-90% of healthy adults under 65 years of age. A study of children from 1 to 15 years of age showed that inactivated influenza vaccine was 77%-91% effective in preventing influenza respiratory illness.

All of you, grow up.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So, is nobody going to change the utterly wrong title of this thread?

"1918 Flu Pandemic - Killed ONLY those Who RECEIVED Flu Shots - Not those who refused"

This is just a lie propagated by anti-vaccine quacks. If you are naive enough to get caught up by the lie that's one thing, but now it's been pointed out that it's just BS it really should be corrected before it does any more harm.

As has been pointed out there was barely any public health programs in place in that period, let alone at the end of the WW I or in 3rd world countries (still isn't). The flu jab didn't come along for decades afterwards and has only become common in some countries recently. A quick google search would have revealed this informaiton in seconds.

If there had been a suitable jab around at the time, and the a public health force mobilised to distribute it, then millions of lives could have been saved. That's a fact.

But why let facts get in the way of lies that align with your pre-conceived, simplistic, paranoid notions of how the world works?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Great - those who think a flu shot is fine..... well... go for it...........but those of us, who investigate and dig into flu shots....... seems - to be something I will not EVER touch again, with a ten foot pole. There is mercury etc in them. Also, with the ruling from the Supreme court that pharma companies will no longer be liable for any bad product they put out if the FDA approved them... Imagine the stuff they are going to produce now........ including "OH, sorry, we "accidently" shipped LIVE flu viruses in the flu shots".

There are REAL things going on now.... that is NOT cool from huge corps, I don't trust them............. just as I no longer trust our govt. - look they are even taking our food sources away.......... and over seeing any natural food products including chipping all our meat products, besides Monsanto GM seeds and taking out family farms.

So, govt. and big corps have not exactly gained our confidence nor trust - that they are actually doing things for "our wellbeing".

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've received a flu shot every year by my former employer. Usually AFTER I had already recovered from the flu, (I always seem to get it first). so I tend to just have mild symptoms for another few days after the shot.

It's true, the flue vaccines are disabled viruses or sometimes those that don't affect humans but have similar surface proteins. (e.g. chicken-pox or cow-pox vs. smallpox)

The term vaccine actually comes from cow pox (Latin variolæ vaccinæ, adapted from the Latin vaccīn-us, from vacca cow) [see Wikipedia]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Great - those who think a flu shot is fine..... well... go for it.

I will, thanks. The government provides this service for free and I am grateful to our National Health Service.

If the government is trying to kill you with these shots, don't you think they've done a pretty poor job so far? Statistically they've actually ended up saving people! Imagine!

I'm sorry, your deeply paranoid argument just doesn't stack up. I'm genuinely concerned that some of the posters here live their life without even being able to trust even their doctor. You must wake up and look at each new day with trepidation. Thats no way to exist.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

For the secondary infections (lung, chest inflammation, etc.). Same concept with bronchitis. After the initial flu, you get secondary infections such as bronchitis, lung inflammation, etc... It is treating the secondary infections not the initial flu.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Excellent posts.

I was told by my doctor to get a flu shot in early October.

Well this is the fourth day I have been sick with some kinda flu.

The first three days I could not hold down any food or water, none nada zilch.

Today at around 1:00 PM I could finally drink a little water without it coming back up.

Water never tasted so good. I underestimated how crisp and clean and refreshing water is. I missed it so much. I now really appreciate being able to drink the stuff.

Food is still iffy but I'm not going to waste away so that's okay.

But not being able to hold down water was scary. I was so thirsty these past several days.

I'm now very thankful each and everytime I have it and it stays down.

I think that last year will be the last year I have a flu shot.

Just don't trust what's in them.

This past three days was not fun. A whole weekend shot to hell and where I am it's rainy and gloomy all the time.

Anyone else notice there's less sunshine these days where you're at?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Chemtrails?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
very interesting dialogue all around here. Rarely such civil discourse finds itself on ATS which i suppose is less a compliment and more an observation of how poorly debates are conducted here!

anyway, i guess my only question through all the comments is about mercury levels in any medicine--be it a rudimentary shot given in 1918 or the more "advanced" vaccines manufactured today.

In my mind, it seems like the content of the shot or the illness it's created to combat-- be it for the flu, mumps, measles, etc is not the common thread linking argument's against these shots tossed from one website to the next online. rather, it seems the constant is mercury--a substance which is well known for its ability to harm, permanently, the human physiology.

So I suppose my question or point would be--whats the good in being vaccinated against all these viruses if the same medicine contains an element that, ultimately, harms one's body in a complete and profound manner? This is especially troubling when one considers that the use of mercury in vaccines is not required yet continues as the presence of mercury (for a reason i don't remember and don't care to spend time explaining) makes the vaccines cheaper to manufacture and more easily preserved.

Now here's a classic example of profit getting in the way of the better interest's of humanity. If anything, I feel this would be the most informed discussion to have. People get innoculated so they can spare themselves from the pain and misery of illness. Yet, one of the chemicals used throughout such shots causes the same sort of general instability one takes a shot to avoid.

I guess what i'm getting at here is--why are we going on about all sorts of illness speculating the govt or PTB are getting us sick with a range of exotic and complex viruses, when its already abundantly clear they've used one substance for many years which is proven to be poisionus and harmful. It seems to me all this tin-hatting about the flu is almost diversionary when considering the greater issue of profit-focused industrial production and it's funny way of destroying people.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You know, my mom gets those damn flu shots every year, and every year she gets sick, sick as a dog. From something that is supposedly there to PREVENT illness. I haven't gotten a flu shot in years, and never will, and if by some twist of fate I die from influenza, then so be it. I don't normally get sick. I haven't been to a clinic in 12 years. I'm in pretty damn good health. Last time I went to the hospital was when I slipped in the shower and busted my foot. When I do get ill, and it is a rarity, I let my body do it's job and kill the illness, as nature intended. Over the counter and prescription meds are just placebos to sugar-coat the symptoms of illness, and are, IMO, a total waste of money.

Chrono

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
[edit on 9-3-2009 by Flighty]

Uh. Yeah. Because they both cause lung damage, and lung/brochial inflammation which leads to further suspectibility to secondary infections.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

Start thinking outside the box. The best bioweapon doesn't need you to get a shot for it to work. Assuming we know 20% of the scientific advances of our time , because of media-governement-etc cover-up, maybe the flu activation process can be transmitted genetically. Ever thought of that?

A little 'Syphon Filter' eh? Yeah I have thought about that as well. I often wonder if there were some sort of super-virus that decimated the world, just what kind of technology would the survivors find in the military and other installations around the world that isn't supposed to 'exist'.

Chrono

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

And this is the real concern, there are already laws in place for this, and the ability to forcibly quarantine in the case of an outbreak. There is also built into the law, exemptions for anyone, including the flu vaccine manufacturers, from being sued for any harm caused by giving the vaccine. See my thread about it linked below my sig.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Also, with the ruling from the Supreme court that pharma companies will no longer be liable for any bad product they put out if the FDA approved them... Imagine the stuff they are going to produce now........ including "OH, sorry, we "accidently" shipped LIVE flu viruses in the flu shots".

That's not what I read.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court forcefully rejected calls Wednesday for limiting consumer lawsuits against drug makers, upholding a $6.7 million jury award to a musician who lost her arm to gangrene following an injection.

The decision is the second this term to reject business groups’ arguments that federal regulation effectively pre-empts consumer complaints under state law.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

YOU are SO RIGHT.......................... I WAS SO WRONG!!!

I completely ADMIT IT!!!

I was going on the asumption........ and everything I was reading about the Supreme Court (which I thought HAD HAPPENED - previously) ruling for pharma companies and if the drug was approved by the FDA then "no lawsuits against companies".

So, after reading about it many many times...................THINKING it HAD HAPPENED!

I read your post................then did a search........................... YOU ARE RIGHT!! The Supreme Court ruled on March 4th 2009 - AGAINST the pharma companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

link: www.prisonplanet.com...

Big Pharma has long conspired with the FDA to approve knowingly dangerous (and deadly) drugs that are then marketed to the public through a process known as “disease mongering,” in which drug companies scare up new health conditions in order to convince people they need to be medicated. Practically the entire pharmaceutical industry is based on this unholy alliance between the corrupt FDA (www.naturalnews.com...) and a profit-seeking drug industry (www.naturalnews.com...…), and if the Supreme Court had granted Big Pharma immunity on any drug approved by the FDA, it could have unleashed a treacherous era of Big Pharma arrogance and the virtual abandonment of any remaining safety measures by the industry

With full legal immunity, Big Pharma would have been able to market practically any poison as a “drug,” regardless of how many people were killed. Even many of its current drugs are, admittedly, little more than poison. For example, the most popular blood thinning drug sold today — coumadin — is literally made out of the same chemical used in rat poison (www.naturalnews.com...). Many psychiatric drugs given to children today are just re-branded amphetamine street drugs like “speed.”

To the great benefit of the American People (and the lawyers who represent them against drug companies), the Supreme Court has now nailed the coffin shut on Big Pharma pre-emption. Sadly, this decision still cannot raise from the grave all the hundreds of thousands of Americans who have already been killed by dangerous, FDA-approved prescription medications, but perhaps from this point forward, enough lawsuits can proceed that drug companies will either be put out of business or be forced to calculate the economic cost of killing patients while facing a wave of resulting litigation.

Please forgive my "ignorance" on their ruling................. and THANK YOU for helping me "Deny Ignorance", by correcting me....... so I could find the truth!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join