It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking Bad Nutrition and Criminal Behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A tantalizing video by Dr Blaylock elaborating on the connection between nutrition and (criminal) behavior. It is shown that bad behavior and bad nutrition are inseparably linked. In addition, the development of a variety of health afflictions and diseases (ADHD, Schizophrenia, depression, migraine, anti-social behavior etc..) is highly sensitive to improper dietary habits. As such, in many cases diseases of this type can be reversed by proper diet adjustments.

[promotional link removed]

[edit on 8-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think poor nutrition is also linked with POVERTY thus I'll go with the more considerate conclusion that POVERTY correlates directly with criminal activity. Duh!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhilJ
A tantalizing video by Dr Blaylock elaborating on the connection between nutrition and (criminal) behavior. It is shown that bad behavior and bad nutrition are inseparably linked. In addition, the development of a variety of health afflictions and diseases (ADHD, Schizophrenia, depression, migraine, anti-social behavior etc..) is highly sensitive to improper dietary habits. As such, in many cases diseases of this type can be reversed by proper diet adjustments.

1phil4everyill.wordpress.com...
Thanks for the page link. I've got a professional interest in the subject matter. The influence of diet in creating predispositions towards disorders like ODD, AD, ADHD etc has been acknowledged for some time. The research still needs to continue. Unfortunately, it seems that issues of social class play a greater influence still. A deprived environment won't be improved by healthy food and criminal behavior is usually an outcome of economics...

Good diet is a luxury of choice for those in the position to make such decisions. The very poorest in society often don't have the choice of a balanced diet and a poorer education to make more informed decisions.

The double-standard of the link between criminality is also based on social position. The criminal behavior often referred to is delinquency, violence and substance misuse. The sample populations involved in the studies are from the poorer families as they experience more frequent police interventions than wealthier families.

I'm not aware of any studies that involved the impact of diet on the behavior of the wealthy criminal. White collar criminals? Enron executives? Corrupt politicians?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bad nutrition begins with low salt and water diets. One of the best healing methods is unrefined sea salt and water. 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt per 12 oz water. If you weighed 200 pounds that would mean drinking 100 oz of water per day or about eight 12 oz glasses of water each with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Good nutrition is good energy empowering nutrition helping the body to want a higher vibration rather then settle into the degenerative influences. Thought has an effect on health and quality thought comes with good energy. You have to wonder, during Ghandi's time, when the British tried so hard to prevent the Indians from mining sea salt was there more too it than just the attempted economic control?

www.watercure2.org... is all about the healing benefits of sea salt and water.

Most health food stores sell unrefined sea salt.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have a problem with this. I was a "latchkey" kid. I stayed at home by myself as my Mom was working the 2-3 jobs throughout my childhood to take care of me. I lived off of ramen noodles, peanut butter/jelly sandwiches except for the occasional night she had off. I work a decent job, relatively nice and absolutely no criminal record unless you count speeding tickets. I would have to disagree as a whole. Now if you are talking about true starvation due to lack of food. Ok, I could agree with that. Because if I am truly starving and no valid legal way to get food, I would snatch some food in a store aisle in a heartbeat to feed my or my loved ones.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Haven't you ever heard of 'the twinkie defense'? Its what they used for the defense of Dan White the guy who killed Moscone and Harvey Milk. THey said his diet was so poor that it was the reason he shot the two guys. I dont know if people still use that defense but that's where the term comes from.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well poor diet and hyperactivity is pretty well established I'd say. Artificial colors have the same effect. Depression I read once is spiking in teens possibly because they aren't consuming enough omega 3s.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

The reactions to nutritional issues appear to be genetically determined; at least, what I've read so far on certain genetic issues indicate that powerfully enough in some areas to fairly extrapolate, till we know better, that this is probably not uncommon.

That means given the same set of circumstance, people react differently in their symptoms/responses.

Taking the 'diseases of civilization' as an example (well tracked to refined carbohydrates/sugar influx into the food of a population), one person gets schizophrenia, one person gets fat, one person gets cancer, one person gets diabetes, one person just becomes a freak (let's say criminal) in some way, one person has a heart attack, on person has a stroke, one person gets Alzheimers, etc. If you're chinese you're more likely to have a stroke than be fat. If you're native american you're more likely to be an alcoholic, have diabetes, and be obese than have a stroke. All these things are correlated (not: not yet causally linked but definitely correlated) with food intake.

Unfortunately the people who own the media, own the agri corps, own the food corps, own the pharma corps, run the government agencies, all these people are verging on the same cast of characters (see 'Murder by Injection' for board of directors lists of many corps and agencies in the late 80s), we don't hear much about this. All the money they make growing it, selling it to food corps, selling it from food corps, then selling us drugs when we're sick from food, is not something they want to lose. So everything from medical school to the pervasive media won't mention even the science that does exist on it, and science funding is massively, even overwhelmingly slanted toward ludicrous experiments with ludicrously subjective and incomplete info provided (often literally an abstract that is the polar opposite of findings), to ensure we all think that grains [eg wheat and corn] are good for humans and not pretty much destroying us. Understand that the new advertising is a 'research notice' to the AP wire -- then you get "free advertising" in nearly every newspaper and magazine in any remotely related area and mass media, plus it comes under the heading of "authority" as a science result. How laughably unscientific it is, and how little money a company had to pay for that incredible amount of free ad work, isn't observed by most of the public.

Hence you get even doctors who act like cancer, schizophrenia and diabetes just fall on people out of the sky, or it's "inherited". What's inherited is the genetic predisposition to a certain reaction to a certain kind of chronic poisoning. One person gets arteries hardening around their heart. Another lives 30 years longer but gets dementia from arteries hardening in their brain. Both stay thin, so think they're healthy.

How long different symtpoms take to occur varies based on many factors it appears. One may show growing schizophrenia at 25 while the other may keel over of a heart attack at 40 and another won't hit Alzheimers until 70 but the causes may have been pretty similar, but for how their genetics handled it.

I point this out in response to the post that suggested growing up on ramen and sandwiches didn't make you a criminal. While that's a relief, given the amount of ramen and sandwiches my kid used to eat LOL, I think these food issues cannot be tracked in any way 'generically' but MUST be evaluated within the racial classes for each, because what kind of effect it is going to have is likely to be different (as a larger statistics) based on that.

There are some interesting things online from Dr. Jeffrey Friedman, a molecular biologist, Head Geneticist at Rockefeller University, if you google, a little more on different races handling the same factors differently.

Best,
PJ

[edit on 18-3-2009 by RedCairo]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We also cannot forget that despite labeling, unless you know what chemicals and etc are involved in even the most humblest of foods, that they can be a direct cause also.

This diet thing may seem plausable, however im mainly thinkings its chemicals and additives that are causing all these problems in the world. Fat people in my opinion not the problem for criminal activity. The fitter, stronger people are the ones robbing people, beating them up for their mobiles, laptops and etc.

I would assume its more of a poor status that starts them into thieving, and nutrition has less to do with it. I mean what does a person eating well have for robbing people anyway? They eat well, probably also earn a decent wage too.

The poor folk do not eat well, but thats mainly since they cannot afford it, so instead try to steal it, mug people for it.

Sure its a link, but a pretty floppy one at that. What im trying to say here is that poor nutrition cannot be the cause of criminal activity. Its lack of funds, job, role models and education. Nutrition is highly over-rated imho, created by the vitamin companies, and etc to sell more products. I mean we are only just being told vitamins are good for us, and etc, yet obesity/crime is rising which has more to do with mental/social disorders or issues rather than nutrition.

Ever watch those old movies? Not many fat people, compared to charming normal sized (not skinny as a pole either) people.

new topics

top topics

join