It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents face court action for removing children from gay history lessons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Parents face court action for removing children from gay history lessons

www.dailymail.co.uk

Parents face possible court action for withdrawing their children from lessons on gay and lesbian history.

More than 30 pupils were pulled out of a week of teaching at a primary school which included books about homosexual partnerships.

The controversial content was worked into the curriculum at George Tomlinson School in Waltham Forest, East London.

‘I was aware they were going to be learning about homosexual relationships through stories.

‘If the council takes action against me I will tell them that I told the school beforehand I would be taking my child away if they did not change their policy.

‘She has a 100 per cent attendance record otherwise. This is the only time and this is the only choice I had.’

Parents have a legal right to withdraw their children from religious education and sex education lessons – apart from science lessons which cover biological reproduction as part of the national curriculum.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I post this thread in reply to following: "Christianity you have now overstepped the mark and I now declare war upon you".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

as you all can see the school program is rather difficult for Christians too. it is kind of compromise, we can be all unhappy about. as a Catholic I do not want my kids to learn for example the "Romeo and Juliet" in the homosexual version. but is there any chance to protect our kids of that type of teaching. you can talk to the school director but to really make sure, you would have to school home.

BTW, I never heard of the court cases against the parents of the kids who are removing the children from classes due to religious (Christian) contents. the fact is that most school nowadays are open for antiChristian teaching, neglecting all the benefits from it to our civilization and underlining the mistakes which has occured in the past. but I still am not on any war with anybody cause of it.

I just spend more time then I probably would with my kids and I am trying to explain them my own point of view and how Christians think about some issues. they will choose themself what to belive and they will find their own prespective.

but of course it needs some attention from me. and many prefers to go on war instead...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The difference with the subjet of the thread that you are responding to is that in a history class, no one is arbitrarily telling children what is right or wrong, or what to believe. A "homosexual history" lesson no more promotes homosexuality than a lesson on the Shoah promotes anti-semitism, or genocide. These parents are choosing to remove their children from classes based on their own beliefs and what THEY believe to be right or wrong (somehow assuming that knowing things about homosexuals or homosexuality could be "dangerous for their kids). The OP of the thread you refer to defends the opposite position. He has no beliefs, and thinks people should be able to make their own decisions as lucid consentant adults, should not be indoctrinated when young and impressionable and therefore he does not want anyone telling his child what is right or wrong (assuming such a thing even exists), or what to believe.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Ismail]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

I am sorry but I can not agree with you. the Op who posted the thread I was refering to HAS his belifes. and after reading his comments it is clearly visible.

the lesson teaching the Jesus was a real person is more valuable as "Romeo and Juliet" in the homosexual version (which makes the whole read totally impossible to understand foir the straight kids). it is hard to deny his existance I suppose. the main disscussion could be if he was a holy son of God but there is no big fight about his existance. so the OP is against teaching about the facts. the facts which influenced the history of whole planet. I find it important. I want also my kids to learn about the Islam. it is also part of our civilization. By understanding other religions we can comunicate in peace.

new topics

top topics

join