It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality in the animal kingdom..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I find this a very disturbing topic but must go forward with it. After watching many domestic animals perform homosexual acts on one another is it possible that prehistoric or mythical beasts performed homoerotic acts on one another..

dz

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Probably.

My girlfriend and I have two turtles. Ever since they were born, they've been together. Two guys. We have them in a 50 gallon tank, but they still get into little fights. For the past couple months though, we've noticed them trying to have sex. Two male turtles, trying to have sex.

Look at it this way though. They've probably never seen a female turtle. They probably don't even know that there is a female gender. They just see hole and get excited.

Is that homosexual? To us, yes. To them, no.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
True story,

A friend of mine had two dogs, one older than the other and both males. The older dog would constantly hump the younger dog, with no complaints from the younger.

The only problem was the older dog aside from being gay was also deaf, so when you'd yell at him to stop humping the younger dog he coudn't hear anyway so would continue the humping uninterrupted.

Eventually we just gave up as the younger dog was either gay or just didn't care. They would both cuddle afterwards, it was like a four legged fuzzy OZ.

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Bonobos are known to have homsexual sex,

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The -400 points I see in your profile tells me you write stupid # like this all the time. heres some advice, start a real thread. not some attention getting spam.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
The -400 points I see in your profile tells me you write stupid # like this all the time. heres some advice, start a real thread. not some attention getting spam.

so now ATS points counts as a intellegence when speaking?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Whoa, I didnt know you could get negative points!

If any mythical beasts did have homo sex, I dont see how it would have mattered, just like in human cases.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2009

Originally posted by theshadowknows

so now ATS points counts as a intellegence when speaking?

Actuall, smartass, I was implying that his posts were trashed or he got some warnings, all of which have to to with the quality and/or appropriate content of the posts. Trashed posts and warnings= negitive points.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
hahahahaahaha. whew that was good. i like the stories about homosexual pets they are good.

but seriously hahaha. turtles having sex. whew boy.

it doesnt seem like it would actually be homosexual because turtles or other animals dont have knowledge of such things. they are just acting on instincts and pleasure is an instinct. thats why it feels good to have sex. so you will do it and reproduce therefore keeping your species alive. what if it was extremely painful? we would have a let loss children in the world today and a lot more turtles i can tell you that.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Some animals have homosexual sex to assert dominance over others.

Some, like bonobos, have homosexual sex for pleasure.

Some animals also masturbate.

And none of this is disturbing.. I also think the topic was just brought up for attention whoring.

top topics

join