It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700 people apply for a single janitorial job opening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Link:
www.cantonrep.com...

Man, its getting rough out there when that many people show up for a janitorial position. (Not to be harsh on janitors -- I've done that job myself in the past. All honest work is good work.)

Well I guess there are no more "jobs Americans aren't willing to do" so we should be able to close the borders and avoid letting in illegal aliens, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
As I am currently laid off and looking I will say that the job market in Ohio is absolutely horrible. This map says it all far better than I could.

North Canton is in Stark County, which has 10.4% unemployment according to this map for January 2009 figures. Bad, but other parts of Ohio are in worse shape. One thing to note while looking at that map is the majority of the green counties are known for agriculture more than manufacturing.

February's map should be coming out sooner or later. I would expect it to be a bit worse on the numbers.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Things took a downturn here long before the first bailout. I have a gut feeling that employers will stop advertising jobs because of too many applicants/ties up resources and jobs will be found through word of mouth and inside connections instead. Good luck out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Some of us don't do it for the money. We do it for the prestige.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Working on a word of mouth lead right now...it requires a huge background check. Police officer? FBI? Nope, driving a shuttle van service for the elderly. Run them to the store, doctor's appointments and the pharmacy.

new topics

top topics

join