It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama 'too tired' to give proper welcome to Gordon Brown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Don't worry America!

Most British people don't like Gordon Brown anyway.

There was no reason for Gordon to go to the USA anyway; I think he went while he still was able. It was a tick on the list before he leaves No 10.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
He's tired. Who the hell wouldn't be?
Look at the state of this country...
(and not to bash) ... but.... Bush was tired too.
He could barely form a coherent sentence sometimes -
And... no one in recent memory has had this kind of meltdown to contend with.

Just to clarify.

I don't think think there should actually be a president (and his chosen staff)
- who handles everything. Especially somewhere as large as the US.

I believe a leadership should be much broader with the
inclusion of the input of the people of the nation they are representing.

There should never have been this small number of folks making all of these decisions that affect us as a people - nation - world.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Barack Obama 'too tired' to give proper welcome to Gordon Brown

Poor baby. I feel so bad for Obama. NOT!
I don't care if he's tired. It's part of the job.
Obama has just been campaigning his whole life.
Now that he's actually got to buckle down and do some work .. he whines.
He blames being tired for his obvious inability to to the job.

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Lest we forget, during Bush's entire eight years, three+ were spent ON VACATION.

Those were WORKING 'vacations'. Being president is a 24/7 job.
Bush took working 'vacations'.
I wonder if Obama was working when he took that 3 day
Valentines weekend - on Airforce One - to Chicago.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Those were WORKING 'vacations'. Being president is a 24/7 job.
Bush took working 'vacations'.
I wonder if Obama was working when he took that 3 day
Valentines weekend - on Airforce One - to Chicago.

I think you just answered your own question.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am always pretty happy when a date includes dinner AND a movie. Most times I order a grilled cheese sandwich with fries.... Cheap I know. I guess he got a bunch of movies and no dinner. Still I bet the bedding was nice and most likely had some chocolate on the pillow.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

I believe a leadership should be much broader with the
inclusion of the input of the people of the nation they are representing.

I believe that was the purpose of the United States. However, people have become complacent over time and unplugged from the political arena and so, many people don't have any input--except, give me money money money! I don't want to have to work, I shouldn't have to!

So, while the people weren't paying attention, career politicians just took over.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I heard that PM Gordon Brown was not at all happy with the DVD's, as he had already downloaded them from the Pirate Bay. Just to add a touch of lightness into this mess we are ALL facing

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's 3 a.m. in the White House and the phone is ringing...

Hillary is away giving a few hundred million dollars to Hamas...

Speaker Pelosi can lift the phone but the botox has frozen her face and she can't speak...

President Obama? Mr President? Erm, BARACK? It's for you...

Awww, he's tired, we'll get him to ring you back Mr. Kim.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marshy10156

Originally posted by jerico65
I posted the DVD list in another thread. What a joke. As I said there, isn't Brown legally blind? The guy probably couldn't even be able to enjoy the DVDs if he wanted to get his movie on.

Stay classy, Obama!

That would be david plunkett, how about doing a spot of research before making claims

Stay retarded, America!

1) David Blunkett
2) Gordon Brown is blind in one eye.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Im glad everything is fine in the UK so Gordon Brown has the time to get all the rest. Oh wait everything is not fine in the UK in fact they are worse but hey Gordon Brown gets his sleep
Sorry cheap shot.

As far as Obama goes spending the nation into bankruptcy is a tiring job for sure.

And as far as the gift well just another example of how bankrupt our nation really is. Now we are forced to pull all of our troops from over seas and we can only give other heads of states reset buttons and dvds lol sad times for America.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Mr. Obama is shrugging off foriegn policy duties because his real goal is destroying the US economy so he can inact his social policies.

Gee... Isn't that Sort of what NEOCON objectives were, except institute a corp-tacracy???

Crash the economy - Spend the government to into the ground so that the private sector could swoop in like magic JESUS...

I think you read Blueprint for a new American century one to many times...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
If the Obama administration is tired now, Lord help us! What's gonna happen if Israel and Iran go at it? What if Russia goes into the Ukraine? He'll be really tired then.

Exactly. I wonder if this story has raised any eyebrows anywhere to that effect.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
When Mrs. Graphic_View and I heard the news about how the PM was received by the President, we were pretty much gobsmacked
by the lack of class displayed. The whole visit seemed to be a shambles from the US side, and returning the bust of Churchill was totally inappropriate. *Somebody* in the administration has to know what the protocol is, and I'm sure that they could have found an appropriate gift for PM Brown... Like many fellow Americans on this board and others, I'd like to offer an apology to my British cousins. By the way, what do you all think of the Telegraph's suggestion that the PM's shabby treatment was a result of the influence of Mrs. Obama?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I had a laugh at this article and some of the comments.

Let little Obama have a bedyboos before he does his "mission".

At least the retail section of the economy might get a boost if he buys a bed!

[edit on 8-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

Ex

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I actually respect Obama more because of how he acted. Gordon Brown is a NWO windbag, so personally, if I was president, I'd let him sleep on the street in a tent if he came to visit.

Well Said, My Friend!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well at least Obama will survive the 4 years in this screw up economy, but I can imagine if it was McCain the president, at his ripe age he probably would have die of hart attack within the first year.

And as for the Prime Minister, well I know he is in charge of the country that is considered our most precious ally.

But darn we are in an economic crisis and so is he in his nation, I am sure that he understand the gravity of the situation.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Maybe there is a specific pending item of US/British interest, which the Obama team needs more time to research before it is forced to ..discuss and appologize;

Something strangely unusual, such as the British queen forking out 300 million dollars pursuing justice in it's pre-9/11 "Canadian terror problem," all the while under critisism from the "Americans"--from which it *quite possibly* came.

He could have at least saved the man a trip.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Even Bush was far more professional than this.

However, after two years of campaigning, perhaps Mr. Obama is still 'settling in'. He better not make such mistakes again...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Wonder how many DVDs he got Senator Kennedy for his birthday? Guess he got a power nap in before hitting this party.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well, Britain has long been a faded power. And now it's about to go bankrupt. Formal dinners should only be given to important countries, yes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join