It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Alignment: Solar System = Amplifier Tube/Valve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What if, during the great "Galactic Alignment", our solar system acts as a giant amplifier tube?

Honestly, I'm just kind of throwing this out there as an idea. Haven't really come across anything like this on ATS, and may check into it a bit more, but I figure maybe this isn't even a plausible scenario.

So, to start off, we will examine what an tube amplifier is and what it does.

Valve Amplifier - Wiki

A valve amplifier or tube amplifier is a type of electronic amplifier that makes use of vacuum tubes to increase the power and/or amplitude of a signal. They are typically (but not exclusively) use for sound or radio frequency signals.

And now, the "Solar System", or Vacuum Tube that makes this possible:

Vacuum Tube - Wiki

In electronics, a vacuum tube, electron tube (in North America), thermionic valve, or just valve (elsewhere, especially in Britain) is a device used to amplify, switch, otherwise modify, or create an electrical signal by controlling the movement of electrons in a low-pressure space. Some special function vacuum tubes are filled with low-pressure gas: these are so-called soft valves (or tubes), as distinct from the hard vacuum type which have the internal gas pressure reduced as far as possible. Almost all depend on the thermal emission of electrons, hence thermionic.

How a tube works is like this:

The Real McTube Article: Basic Tube Theory

Probably the most important member of the family of vacuum devices we refer to as "tubes" is the vacuum triode. This is the simplest vacuum device that is capable of amplification; i.e. providing an output signal greater than, and roughly proportional to, an applied input signal. In this respect it is functionally analogous to the ubiquitous transistor.

Physically, a tube operates by heating the "cathode", one of the electrodes inside the vacuumized envelope. This causes electrons in the cathode to attain enough velocity to leave the surface, forming a "space charge" around the cathode. The positively-charged "plate" (also sometimes called "anode"), usually surrounding and concentric with the cathode, attracts this space charge, causing an electron current to flow through the space between the cathode and plate. If the plate is negatively charged, the space charge is repelled and no current flows; this is how the vacuum diode works.

In what's called a vacuum triode, there is another electrode called the "grid", placed between the cathode and the plate, consisting of a spiral screen of fine wire. The grid is normally biased negatively, so that it does not act as a secondary plate and draw current. Small changes in voltage on the grid cause significantly greater changes in electron current through the tube from cathode to plate, resulting in amplification.

Now, if you haven't quite made the corellation, I'll connect the dots.

In a vacuum tube, the Cathode is heated up, exciting the electrons and causing them to create a negatively charged space. The electrons flow readily from the cathode to the Anode with essentially a significantly smaller bump from behind.

In space, we have a near perfect vacuum, which is important:

Vacuum tube - Wiki

The vacuum inside the envelope must be as perfect, or "hard", as possible. Any gas atoms remaining might be ionized at operating voltages, and will conduct electricity between the elements in an uncontrolled manner. This can lead to erratic operation or even catastrophic destruction of the tube and associated circuitry. Unabsorbed free air sometimes ionizes and becomes visible as a pink-purple glow discharge between the tube elements.

In our solar system, we also have a nearly perfect Cathode, the Sun. The reasons I compare the Sun to a cathode is because it is heated quite nicely, allowing electrons to freely move around and "leave the surface" (along with protons) in what we know as Solar Wind:

Solar Wind - Wiki

The solar wind is a stream of charged particles—a plasma—ejected from the upper atmosphere of the sun. It consists mostly of electrons and protons with energies of about 1 keV. The stream of particules varies in temperature and speed during time. These particles are able to escape the sun's gravity, in part because of the high temperature of the corona, but also because of high kinetic energy that particles gain through a process that is not well-understood.

As well, our solar system contains a nice Anode that consists of an iron core, our own Earth.

So, what does this have to do with the Galactic Alignment? Well, there's fear that alignment of celestial bodies could cause some kind of amplification effect. Gravity tugging in line. IMHO, there may be some kind of effect of gravitational amplification, but considering the distances involved, I would think it to be minimal and probably not even consciously perceivable to man.

I have been thinking, however, about the possibility of some kind of emmissions as our solar system crosses the plane to the other side of the galactic disk. If our sun gets hit with a slurry of electrons from the backside, it could release solar winds like we've never seen before, just as a cathode sheds a ton of electrons with just a bit of a push (current).

So... does this seem possible, probable? Is this an idea that someone else may have brought up before? Like I said, I'm just kinda throwing this out there. I've been developing a new hobby of modifying and building my own guitar/bass effects, and this is the picture I got in my head while learning about how tubes work. I've been thinking about it for a couple months and figured I may as well throw it out there, otherwise it just rots in my brain and I forget until someone else brings up the idea.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This to me is as plausible as some of the other theories circulated as to what might occur in 2012.

I appreciated this theory, not only because it's unique, but you've based this on your own personal knowledge. Some of the best ideas are generated by applying seemingly non-related information in extraordinary ways. I myself base much of what I write on my photographic background, which gives my ideas a different angle than that of what a straight-forward scientist might come up with.

I think the best point you made above is that of 'amplification' -- it seems highly possible that if any of this alignment information is accurate, then levels of energy thrown our way will definitely increase. Amplification due to alignment is likely. In fact, we may already be experiencing some of this (since the galactic equator is massive).

Anyway, thank you for posting this - I like your way of thinking.

join