It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The film the watchmen is NWO propaganda. (major spoilers for those who haven't watched it)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I just watched the Watchmen movie. I noticed a lot of hidden symbolism that relates to a lot of the new world order stuff that I'm aware of in the film. Anyhow, please don't read this thread if you're going to watch it if you haven't already watched it.

#1- hidden symbolism in the United States. In the United States in the universe of the watchmen President Richard Nixon was President until 1985 and he seemed to never age. Could it be a sign of immortality? I don't think that's it. What they were doing in the film was to create an imaginable future of the USA where we have a dictator and they placed Nixon in during wartime. At the end of the movie Nixon and the USSR make peace because they unite against a common enemy whom they are lead to believe destroyed NYC. Possible preparation for a new world order?

#2- Korvac, was a clear believer in justice. He wanted justice. But he got none in the end. After all the trouble he went through he only got killed in the end. Justice was not enacted. Again, in the real world things don't turn out to be how you want it to be.

#3- There was a group called the pyramid. Doesn't that sound a lot like the illuminati? This group was crucial to Adrian (the main villain) in bringing about the NWO. I think this is potential disclosure.

#4- There were lots of discussions about human nature in the film. It was trying to suggest that human nature is by its very nature unchangeable. This one character, Jon, who was turned into a God basically by an experiment, altered him. He basically "let it all happen". He let his power be abused. Maybe it's symbolic of any heroes trying to step up won't be able to stop everything?

#5- In the film they won the Vietnam war. The comedian says that the country would have been hell if they hadn't won it. Maybe the movie is trying to get people desensitized to war and violence and get them to think that peace can be accomplished or things can be accomplished throughout war. Or maybe it's saying that war tears the country apart and it wants you to think that if we win wars then it won't?

I believe the film is propaganda by the new world order. Clearly it is based off a comic book. But I just think there are too many similarities between the film and the NWO.

Also, this thread here on www.prisonplanet.com also has the same view I have on the film...

forum.prisonplanet.com...
What is your take?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
well you have to remember that the original watchmen was released in the 80s. this might be less propoganda and more of a what if that happened kinda thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _Rorschach_

I suppose but some of it is blatant illuminati symbolism. I mean a pyramid group? Doesn't that sound like the illuminati to you?

A dictator in the USA?

Doesn't it seem to you like they're trying to prepare the public for something? They could very well have gotten government people to make this film pro-government and to make viewers of the film scared out of their wits into being prepared for something like an NWO.

It's like the Transformers movie and how the military was involved with that. I think the government clearly was involved in this. There is just so much symbolism that makes me think that way.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by _Rorschach_

I suppose but some of it is blatant illuminati symbolism. I mean a pyramid group? Doesn't that sound like the illuminati to you?

A dictator in the USA?

Doesn't it seem to you like they're trying to prepare the public for something? They could very well have gotten government people to make this film pro-government and to make viewers of the film scared out of their wits into being prepared for something like an NWO.

It's like the Transformers movie and how the military was involved with that. I think the government clearly was involved in this. There is just so much symbolism that makes me think that way.

Why weren't you all up about the comic being NWO propaganda? It's been out more than twenty years, and the movie follows it quite closely in all respects.

I think you're just being reactionary.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm not impressed.

Good try though.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Apparently, someone never read the Watchmen. Or knows the characters.

Rorschach wanted justice... Korvaks wanted peace. Wha? Aren't they the same person? No.

Adrian wasn't a villain. He sought global peace since the beginning.

Ostermann wasn't turned into a god. He pieced himself back together. "It's all a matter of knowing what order the pieces go in, really". He did not allow himself to be used. He knew he was being used, knew what happened, what is happening, and what will happen, all at the same time.

"Clearly this is based off a comic book"... yes, yes it is. One of the best ever written, and voted one of the MUST READ BOOKS of all time. It's an award winner, too, and not just in the comic book circles.

But yes, there are symbols all over the place... only because they are a part of the story.

I suggest going to the store and buying it. Or, find the torrent and download...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As much as I've waited years and years to see this film and having read the comic when it first came out, I've also dreaded its release because of threads like this.

There was another thread on here recently from someone who'd only recently read the TPB of the Watchmen and was suggesting that Moore was either part of some kind of global elite or was 'informed' as to the workings of a global elite. This was tied into Project Bluebeam and so on.

I think a massive part of how the Watchmen is going to be received and understood is going to be down to whether someone had read the actual work prior to September the 11th or not. I think this is going to the really divisive issue over the film not whether it does the book justice or not.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

theirs a simple answer to the symbolisim ... money.

the film companies want people to watch their film, not only that they want people to watch them more than once.. So what do the writers do, they add things like this to make people talk about it , after all writers are people too with their own intrests. Its very hard to find someone who has'nt heard of the nwo and illuminati these days, so in the same breath i would bet that alot of writers are adding things like this into their stories to make a few extra bucks..

no conspiricy, unless you call "making movies that suck people in" a conspiricy.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The comic book is a what if situation. Please go research or even read the comics before you make assumptions about the movie.

Why? Because the authors put that information in the comics for a reason.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by Frankidealist35

theirs a simple answer to the symbolisim ... money.

the film companies want people to watch their film, not only that they want people to watch them more than once.. So what do the writers do, they add things like this to make people talk about it , after all writers are people too with their own intrests. Its very hard to find someone who has'nt heard of the nwo and illuminati these days, so in the same breath i would bet that alot of writers are adding things like this into their stories to make a few extra bucks..

no conspiricy, unless you call "making movies that suck people in" a conspiricy.

They didnt add anything that wasnt already in the comic. I was surprised how much they actually stayed with the comic.

Minus the few changes to the plot to make it movie worthy, it was right on.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In response to Tentickles...

I purchased the Watchmen Film Companion, dreading what I might find, but I was rather impressed, to say the least. As an extra bonus, the original artist, Gibbons, was even surprised on the attention to detail.

Alan Moore has been called many things, and does many things, but I doubt even he would appreciate the nature of this!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And it all sprang from the mind of an avowed occultist and magician.

Let the paniced hoards go for their pitchforks and torches.

Ooooga Boooga

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

In the United States in the universe of the watchmen President Richard Nixon was President until 1985 and he seemed to never age.
I think they aged him just fine. It was just that he kept getting re-elected. Didn't one of the characters say something like "I hate Nixon, even though I voted for him 5 times?" Nothing particularly immortal about him... just an obvious change in the system.

Korvac, was a clear believer in justice. He wanted justice. But he got none in the end. After all the trouble he went through he only got killed in the end. Justice was not enacted. Again, in the real world things don't turn out to be how you want it to be.
The fate of many anti-heroes...

There was a group called the pyramid. Doesn't that sound a lot like the illuminati? This group was crucial to Adrian (the main villain) in bringing about the NWO. I think this is potential disclosure.
You're reading too much into it. Adrian was REALLY into Egyptology... Likening himself to Alexander the Great, using Ramses II as his password. Pyramid Corp was just another aspect of that and a hint of who was behind it all... Adrian.

I believe the film is propaganda by the new world order. Clearly it is based off a comic book. But I just think there are too many similarities between the film and the NWO.
Have you READ the graphic novel? Don't go making a big deal about what you see in the film. It's all stuff that's been in the book that's been in print for the last 20 years. It's not particularly earth-shattering news what Moore was writing about. Yet you seem surprised...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If you know anything about Alan Moore, you'd know the guy is a student of the esoteric and magic. Check out some of his other stuff, From Hell has a ton of mystic symbolism and also Promethea. He basically has claimed that he writes comics as a form of magic or something to that end. Maybe he's a Freemason, who knows. The Watchmen is basically a deconstruction of the superhero archtype. It's a great book.

You didn't even mention the idea of using a fake alien invasion as a way to bring about peace, that's discussed in one of the conspiracy theorists favorite pamplets, Report From Iron Mountain and mentioned at Ronald Reagan's famous address to the United Nations, a UFOlogist's favorite.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
You didn't even mention the idea of using a fake alien invasion as a way to bring about peace, that's discussed in one of the conspiracy theorists favorite pamplets, Report From Iron Mountain and mentioned at Ronald Reagan's famous address to the United Nations, a UFOlogist's favorite.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Jack Jouett]

There's a good chance that 'fake alien invasion' won't mean anything to Frankidealist35 for him to be able to make a connection with anything outside of the film as the ending of the film is different from the comic.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Unfortunetly I am going to have to call BS on this thread (Sorry OP).

I saw the movie 3 times since it's release (various friends, various times) and I am usually the one to point out such things in movies when it comes to hidden symbolism and the like.

This movie closely followed the Comic in many ways, other than the little things that were changed so people who had never read the comic understood the story line. If you look at the original, the symbolism was there to place a very detailed sense of distress in that particular world.

The soviets and the US, during an extended Cold War, the efforts of Dr. Manhattan and Adrian to restore piece through technology.

There are a few times I wondered if things were deliberatly placed to throw some NWO things our way, but then I simply looked at my copy of the comic and realized those were all original symbols.

I think you've jumped the gun a little bit with this post OP, I suggest picking up a copy of the comic and really studying it. Not just for this purpose, but also because it is a masterpiece among masterpieces.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe that someone who worked on the film recently posted in another ATS thread and said that all of this "NWO" symbolism was inserted quite deliberately. So I think that the thread poster should consider the idea that the makers of this film are just as much conspiracy buffs as he is!

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
I believe that someone who worked on the film recently posted in another ATS thread and said that all of this "NWO" symbolism was inserted quite deliberately. So I think that the thread poster should consider the idea that the makers of this film are just as much conspiracy buffs as he is!

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Eleleth]

99% of the content of this particular film had nothing to do with "the makers of the film". The content is down to Alan Moore who (famously) had nothing to do with the film rendering of his work.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Perhaps.

Yes, the people claiming that this was a graphic novel before do have a point. But it would seem likely that they added a lot of the illuminati symbolism into the film for the ratings.

And for those that think that I haven't considered of the possibility an alien takeover of Earth... I have... I just don't see what that has to do with the film.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Yes, the people claiming that this was a graphic novel before do have a point.
What do you mean, claiming??? Walk into any bookstore and just buy the damned thing! It has been listed among the top 100 novels of the 20th century by a number of sources.

But it would seem likely that they added a lot of the illuminati symbolism into the film for the ratings.
Sorry, that just further illustrates your ignorance.

And for those that think that I haven't considered of the possibility an alien takeover of Earth... I have... I just don't see what that has to do with the film.
Again read the book. The ending in the graphic novel is different than the film, but ultimately lead to the same ends.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join