It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when SHTF where do we go and how long is it going to last

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If the SHTF...its going nuclear immediately. So, hang out with family and friends. Go to the liquor store and have a party.

I want to be clear...Noone will survive because everyone is sick of the Game.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
If the SHTF...its going nuclear immediately. So, hang out with family and friends. Go to the liquor store and have a party.

What a bunch of bs!

O ye of little faith! Although the Masters of War song by Dylan seems as relevant today as it did some decades ago when we also thought the chance of survival was slim and the threat of nuclear disaster great, I refuse to capitulate to the nuclear genie or
the weltschmerz that allow total wipe-out to even be hypothesized.

Read Dr. Stephen Greer's book Extraterrestrial Intelligence.
Also see DIsclosureProject.org and TheOrionProject.org

_The Orion Project is a not-for-profit corporation created to transform the current energy, environmental and social crisis into a world of sustainability and enlightened abundance._

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthShine

You read too many books.

So you want to believe that the World can collapse and that survival is possible? You want this so that people can feel that a global catastrophe, such as the simultaneous collapse of Governments, Business and Banks, the moderaters of modern society, is not so bad and that abandoning your homes, fleeing to the wilderness and possibly hooking up with a Militia is something that most people can bear; even look forward to?

Newsflash...Collapse doesn't happen because of bad policies or poor decision making. Collapse, which you call the SHTF, is caused by a deliberate hostile act by someone who feels that collapse would benefit them. People who are anticipating Collapse are, whether they realize it or not, anticipating a murder and kidnapping; The Father murdered and his son kidnapped.

If this deliberate hostile act occurs or an attempt is made, then the only plausible response is going to be Nuclear. It's a promise, not a scare tactic. I assure you that you won't survive it.

You want to survive, quit lending support to the forces that would make it necessary.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Its nice to know you are perfect and know what everyone else in the world wants and will do. Sheesh go and play somewhere else please.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

O

You read too many books.

Newsflash...Collapse doesn't happen because of bad policies or poor decision making. Collapse, which you call the SHTF, is caused by a deliberate hostile act by someone who feels that collapse would benefit them. People who are anticipating Collapse are, whether they realize it or not, anticipating a murder and kidnapping; The Father murdered and his son kidnapped.

If this deliberate hostile act occurs or an attempt is made, then the only plausible response is going to be Nuclear. It's a promise, not a scare tactic. I assure you that you won't survive it.

You want to survive, quit lending support to the forces that would make it necessary.

What a total load of absolute garbage, You have totally zero idea about the subject matter.

1 You need to read some history books
2 Socialtal colapse is not caused by an individuial or group, it is caused as proven in history by a civilisation becoming decadent and weak,TSHF is not caused a deliberate act otherwise for example the United states would have collapsed after Pearl Harbour. A sociatal collapse can often improve a culture such as when the norse triggered the collapse of the Angle/ Saxon and Jute Cultures, but the overall effect was a stronger and better and more diverse culture arose.
3 If you are so sure " it will go nuclear" why dont you go end end your own life now?. You have absolutely no experience, qualifications or other to support your daft idea. I have worked with great experts over 30 years studying the effects of nuclear weapons on societys and I know in many cases they are survivalable.
4 WHY would anyone WANT to go nuclear in a social collapse.?
Why would they want to go nuclear in a pandemic, or hurricane?
5 By your own values when AQ attacked new York on 911 the rersponse should have been nuclear.

Son you are a waste of time on this adult forum, go elsewhere please.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Its nice to know you are perfect and know what everyone else in the world wants and will do. Sheesh go and play somewhere else please.

So, I go play and you convince people that they should abandon their homes and lives to live in the Wilderness..??

How exactly is that superior to telling them that in the event the SHTF to sit home and relax because your advice is just going to make things worse for them.

I am confused...Is my position not clear or are you really trying to sell the abandon your homes idea?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

So, I go play and you convince people that they should abandon their homes and lives to live in the Wilderness..??

How exactly is that superior to telling them that in the event the SHTF to sit home and relax because your advice is just going to make things worse for them.

I am confused...Is my position not clear or are you really trying to sell the abandon your homes idea?

Stop trolling son you wont get anywhere. I have not advocated anyone they should leave their homes anywhere, nor has any other sensible poster on this forum. So you are sayiing next time a hurricane, flash flood or hillfire comes to town just to sit at home and do nothing ?. If a quake is shaking your town to bit you are saying stat put. You are saying in a pandemic is killing the people in your area to stay put.

People advocate having Bug Out supplies in cases they are driven by events to have to leave home, the Sit X can be anything, Including a collapse of society.

You certainly are confused because its clear you have not read any thread on this forum fully

Now tell us all EXACTLY haow you KNOW that if a major disaster befalls your or any other nation it will instantly resort to nuclear weapons. And I really want to see your evidence to back up the comments about no one surviving.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I am pretty sure I am on sure footing. I obviously have to fill in the blanks in this so called Adult forum, because you are not able to.

1. Social collapse brought on by Vikings improved what? Did the Vikings write that history or something.

2. The nature of the threat the world faces today is far different from any of your historical examples. I think that is the reason for the increased use of the word "UNPRECEDENTED" for everythng from Hurricanes, to Tsunamis to Market events.

3. Who's claiming to be an expert in an unprecendented situation?

Am I missing something here...My position is that IF the SHTF it MUST have been brought on by an deliberate action, as significant effort is being made to prevent the SHTF. Thus, an Act powerful enough to bring about a collapse that could be characterized as the SHTF would necessitate a Nuclear Response.

The only possible point you could be making is that collapse will occur for no apparent reason; therefore, eliminating the ability for anyone to fabricate a response, thus our only choice would be to abandon everything and head for the hills.

This is where you come in...with advice on how to survive in the American wilderness...

Well here's some advice...stay off private property and Native Reservations...I assure you that people living there will not be as happy to see you as you think.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My apologies...I was under the impression that this survival thread was a question specifically in response to collapse of the social order, while it is obviously concerning Catastrophes in general.

Since, this is the case...don't go anywhere. People who are in unaffected areas will send you food and materials so you can rebuild your destroyed community. What we did after 9/11 and Katrina. Mass migrations of people is very stressful on your neighbors and could cause animosity and violence like in Houston after Katrina.

But in the event that a nationwide Earthquake or Super massive Hurricane collapses the country definately stay where you are...we have problems of our own.

PS

How many posts qualifies a member as a participant instead of Troll? Apparently if you say one thing a person doesn't agree with you become a Troll.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I am pretty sure I am on sure footing. I obviously have to fill in the blanks in this so called Adult forum, because you are not able to.

1. Social collapse brought on by Vikings improved what? Did the Vikings write that history or something.

2. The nature of the threat the world faces today is far different from any of your historical examples. I think that is the reason for the increased use of the word "UNPRECEDENTED" for everythng from Hurricanes, to Tsunamis to Market events.

3. Who's claiming to be an expert in an unprecendented situation?

Am I missing something here...My position is that IF the SHTF it MUST have been brought on by an deliberate action, as significant effort is being made to prevent the SHTF. Thus, an Act powerful enough to bring about a collapse that could be characterized as the SHTF would necessitate a Nuclear Response.

The only possible point you could be making is that collapse will occur for no apparent reason; therefore, eliminating the ability for anyone to fabricate a response, thus our only choice would be to abandon everything and head for the hills.

This is where you come in...with advice on how to survive in the American wilderness...

Well here's some advice...stay off private property and Native Reservations...I assure you that people living there will not be as happy to see you as you think.

1You are definately just trolling, If you did not study the impact of norse and norman settlement in England and how it changed and benefoitted the culture I am wasting my time trying to debate with you.

The nature of the threat is different HOW, Storms are storms, Quakes are Quakes, Droughts are droughts, Wars are Wars, Its exactly the same as it has always been.

3 You are, You are stating to everyone that theres no point in trying to survive, you have that quite clearly in the OP. So please educate us ignorant types why ? I dont think you even know what we are talking about when we refer to Sit X, or TSHTF or TEOTWAWKI etc.

4 So you are saying the fiscal collapse pof the present banking system requires the use of nuclear weapons to resolve it ?
You also said no one can survive a nuclear exchange please tell us why?

5 Why would a collapsing society need to flee to the hills ? Only if it is unsafe to stay where you are. All societys collapse eventually they just become life expired, From the Greeks to Persians, to Goths, the British empire to Chinese dynasties, the the Holy Roman empire, The cultures just eventually fall apart just as is hapopening to western cultures now. No malicous intent, just a series of incidents whicj will see places like the US become something else.

Why would I want to give advice on surviving in the American wilderness when I live in Britain?, Y'see you have not even studied a fraction of the threads on this forum you have just turned up, skimmed over a few headers then mouthed off without fact or foundation.

No intention of going onto private property, most survivalists plan on staying home. Aint no reservation in the UK either.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
[quote
How many posts qualifies a member as a participant instead of Troll? Apparently if you say one thing a person doesn't agree with you become a Troll.

ONE when the author turns up, does not find out the facts being debated before spouting off, then tells everyone that they may as well stay at home and die no matter what the event is.
Not bothering to read enough to find out that this forum is multi national, It has Brits, Aussies, Yanks, Canucs, Belgians, Danes, Agentinians etc.
Not bothering to find out what the actual subject matter involves or is even about before posting opinions as facts withouit evidence to sustain them.

This is a forum where we debate surviving such things as storms, floods, wars, famine, energy shortages, fuel / food shortages, disease outbreaks, pandemics, terror attacks, reccession, quakes, fire storms, illegal acts by crazy american governments,etc. Surviving as individuals, groups, communities, families etc. By Geograpghy, Nationality, Race, Profession, Gender, etc including a sociatal collapse or threat thereof.

You you turning up and in your opening posting telling everyone not to bother trying to survive because no matter what the cause the answer is going to be a nuclear attack is simply trolling, Compounded by saying nuclear war is not survivable without anything to back up that statement. Then assuming wrongly that only Merkins use this foruum puts you absolutely inthe troll category.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

[

But in the event that a nationwide Earthquake or Super massive Hurricane collapses the country definately stay where you are...we have problems of our own.

Why would I or anyone else want to travel to your part of the United States if your nation was in collapse ?. What benefiits could myself as a Briton, or any of my other associates on the forum possibly gain by leaving our nations to come to yours if yours is falling apart ?

Y'see once again you assume this forum is only used by white city dwelling Americans planning to survive armageddon.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I will answer the question regarding my initial response. My response was based on the occurrence of Social Collapse in the West; maybe globally, possibly followed by suspension of rights and Marshall Law; food rationing, empty shelves at the market and worthless currency. As opposed to the idea which this thread is based on...survival after a super natural catastrophe. I mistakenly believed that “SHTF” implicitly referred to manmade catastrophe.

My reasoning is that the Governments, Banks and Businesses have already collapsed. If survival skills and knowledge is ever necessary it is necessary 6 months ago. If anyone would have wanted to avoid the difficulty of these time should have started 5 years ago. And, if some deeper experience of collapse is possible only an act of passive aggression by an opportunistic party could explain it. Things like this happen, we were decadent is a lie. Or, it could be an Earthquake or Hurricane of unprecedented proportions.

Collapses don't "just happen" and they are not the inevitable consequence of being. You can show me a list of examples and I’ll show you societies that were opportunistic and parasitic from their birth. A textbook strategy they’d use against a target nation is to infiltrate and convince the people that all is lost and to abandon their homes. After which they’d move in for free and write History books outlining how they improved the country. I think I have access to the same types of History books as you, I've just arrived at different conclusions; that all collapses in History are the direct result of Hostile Action and that whoever was left to write the History covers up this fact. This is a general rule and the true spirit of Conspiracy. Do you really know what happened to your Father? Was he a drunk and womanizer who abandoned his family or was he murdered and buried at the crossroads in a shallow grave and his home occupied by his murderers. I am certain that the latter is True.

So, as an explanation...I would say that things generally perform consistent with their design and as an example if I press the breaks on my automobile, it stops, unless someone has cut the break line.

So is it with Societies, and if you find yourselves eating dirt like in Haiti or Angola, someone, a real person or group, is responsible for it and if this happens or is threatened to happen in the Western world that person or group will most likely be Nuked.

So, my advice to do nothing and wait it out in response to the SHTF is sound. At best you can hope to end up like the Roma or you can hang out, watch your supplies run out, try and return to town to restock only to find that your world is under new management. The very same people that convinced you to become survivalists living in your home and wearing your clothes.

Oddly enough, I know what to expect because the same kind of conversations took place before and during the Seven Years War. In that conflict the British convinced Americans living on the eastern seaboard to rebel against France; only to turn around and enslave them for 13 years, when they decided to stop living in the Hills and take back their home.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I tried to read more posts but after the one about stocking up on guns and ammo, building tents out of twigs and such and what to do and I live in rural Alabama and should I hook up with a militia. I just assumed we were discussing issues in the United States.

How was I supposed to know he was talking about different rural Alabama, located in the UK, which also has camps run by an organization called FEMA and he wants to know what to do in case of a really bad storm or earthquake?

It sounds a bit much for a natural disaster, honestly.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthShine

Originally posted by realboogyman

Long live the bacteria and mycelium! Poet Robinson Jeffers had an angle:

I couldnt agree more

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I tried to read more posts but after the one about stocking up on guns and ammo, building tents out of twigs and such and what to do and I live in rural Alabama and should I hook up with a militia. I just assumed we were discussing issues in the United States.

How was I supposed to know he was talking about different rural Alabama, located in the UK, which also has camps run by an organization called FEMA and he wants to know what to do in case of a really bad storm or earthquake?

It sounds a bit much for a natural disaster, honestly.

Lets just take it as cultural misunderstanding, your here now and willing to debate and contribute, thats always gpood in my book. BTW theres no FEMA camps in the UK.
NR

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
By TSHTF I was implying from a super mass round up concentration camp, economic collapse, to riots in the street, Martial law,
Riots in the street to Martial law could be brought on by a number of things. The same things that can happen all over the world not really just in the west, or Northern Alabama. The heart of the question was to see what is more of a safe plan to employ.
I don't know much about nukes, or how far the fallout goes. But I am about 150 miles form Atlanta, so That would be the only reasonably place to drop a nuke around me. I am pretty young so there are a lot of things I am not sure about.
I just was trying to get some ideas for when to grab my BOB or, sit and wait.
I don't have a big vocabulary like some of you other posters so I have problems really asking what I mean to ask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join