It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Almost Declaring Martial law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Still looking for the news on this, it's on tv right now, Felipe Calderon has started the process it though, Geraldo Rivera is announcing it at the border.

If this is in the wrong spot please move it mods

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
they have been having a very turbulent year. but im more worried about the ripple. america is gonna enter a period of civil unrest soon. will we be next?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Geraldo is reporting this now, saw it on FOX NEWS. But the headline said indeed it was, here on ATS it says "almost". What gives. Doom me. Panic-sex me....

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, if they do go ahead and set the law into effect. It will go two ways and leave little room for middle ground. Either it'll abolish the Cartel, not overnight it'll be awhile but it will, or Felipe Calderon will find a new chill climbing up his spine, and this will be one of many Last stands.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

hmmm ok. No it blasted Martial Law has been declared but then it said it was basically declared, but some motions are in effect. But there should be more.

Very riveting i'll say, I really hope the best for mexico, from hearing about the children not going to school in fear for their lives. Noone should live in those conditions.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I also worry for the great many number of American families that live near the US-Mexico border.

Not an area I would feel comfortable being near as of late.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I am at a loss to find this story?

Is it online yet, or do I have to plague my living room with Fox News? lol

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm searching my '''' off for it online, you may have to plague your room with it.

I live in central texas.... I really feel I should've invested in a gun now, but got a huge knife set

I'm afraid their just going to storm over here, and ya know. I know very hardworking friendly illegal immigrants. And I would house them for free. I'm not bias on this, but I don't think we'd be recieving just the nices ones.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I have a friend in El Paso. For the past several weeks, I have been trying to get him to "WAKE UP!" I've talked to him about what's going on in our gov't, his proximity to Ft Bliss, and about what's going on in Juarez. Sadly, he is shockingly apathetic about all of it, and has even said how good it would be to see me, "Ya outta come visit..." Yeah, sure, be right down!!!!!
Its really a shame. I guess ignorance really is (Fort) Bliss...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm not seeing anything on Martial Law in Mexico. Just Obama discussing with the JCOS about aiding Mexico in it's war against drug cartels.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Nope. Nothing. Nada...Yet. FOX is the only MSM covering martial law in Juarez right now

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

See, now I can't believe it's true haha.

Stupid Fox News, why do they have a breaking story?

Well, I guess I will do the unthinkable and switch the channel.

I am officially going to hell folks~

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I've checked youtube hoping someone captured at least a snippit from the show on right now.

Yeah he outta come see you, I would not want to be close to the border right now with a bunch of pissed off cartels, heading north!
Hell I don't want to be in the lower 48!

See hawaii would be nice, no cartels I know of down there.

If anyone can find another news source covering this, please post.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Elostone

I am officially going to hell folks~

~Keeper

LOL! I'm afraid you'll be in good company!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder exactly how much of a story this really is, as opposed to how much of a story it is supposed to be. Seeing as I have already seen plenty of examples of Faux News spinning the truth into some sort of perverted fantasy version of reality, and given the fact that it is only on Faux News, I would say it's no big deal (over and above the violence that has been going on for the past few years along the border), except perhaps in the sense that we are supposed to be concerned about it now.

So the big question is: Why now? What's coming?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I'm starting to wonder exactly how much of a story this really is, as opposed to how much of a story it is supposed to be. Seeing as I have already seen plenty of examples of Faux News spinning the truth into some sort of perverted fantasy version of reality, and given the fact that it is only on Faux News, I would say it's no big deal (over and above the violence that has been going on for the past few years along the border), except perhaps in the sense that we are supposed to be concerned about it now.

So the big question is: Why now? What's coming?

TheRedneck

My sentiments exactly. There is nothing going on in Mexico that hasn't been going on for at least the past 4-5 years and probably longer. The other thing that's change is who is in the White House.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I partially agree with you, hence why I put "almost", and not is, as to not jump to conclusions. I'd like to get the facts straight. I also do hope they declare martial law. But should be watched carefully

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I hail out of Las Cruces NM, which is about 45 miles north of El Paso. I was actually born in El Paso(deep in the armpit of Texas).

Things are pretty normal, actually totally normal around here. This has not as of yet caused a huge problem. I still go to El Paso to eat dinner, shop, and visit family. It has always been a crappy town. Nothing has changed. There are no massive shootouts, ect going on at this time.

Juarez which is only separated from El Paso by the Rio Grande, is a totally different story. I quit going to Juarez, or J-town as we normally refer to it, in 2005. I was nearly killed trying to get back to the U.S. I have bribed my way out of jail in J-town more than once. I will not go back to Mexico ever again, unless things improve. (which I don't see). There is a strait up civil war raging in Mexico. You can actually watch it from El Paso. There are daily machine gun fights, grenadings car bombings, building bombings, every single day.

If the violence bleeds north El Paso will see it first. I have seen more crime around here than years past, but it is far from being out of hand. As of today, everything is fine. The Border Patrol agents that I know and talk to say that there are more people coming across, but nothing out of hand, and we are certainly not being invaded by the Mexican army at this time.

I will report on this thread and another of my econodoom threads as soon as I hear anything of value, or if I notice anything. Like I said right now everything is fine.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You mean Geraldo is sensationalizing a news story? I am shocked. Someone throw a chair at my face from 15 feet away!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

we have the european union is this the start of america dropping its borders with mexico to help control the issue/situation to form the union of north america
they need a cause for this to happen so what an excuse to use out of control issues in mexico.......i wonder
canada to join at a later date.......is this when the dollar ceases to exsist and they introduce the amero (the supposed union of north american currency)
,i mean they have the euro in europe........and the new world order is happening......"bildenberg project"....after conquering and establishing the union of north america im sure they will push for the union of asia, etc etc until they finally establish one law one global currency one religion.......its just my theory........i hope it doesnt reach this

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join