It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Mullen discuss violence in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Obama, Mullen discuss violence in Mexico

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- President Obama and Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Adm. Michael Mullen on Saturday discussed how the U.S. military can assist Mexico in addressing growing violence from drug cartels, according to a military official.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What I find interesting is where it mentions in the article that "they found firearms and more than 100 Valium pills in a search of Harrison's business."

Here's what I'm wondering. Were those Valium pills meant for illegal distribution?

OR

Were they prescribed and meant for his own personal use?

They just kinda leave it open for the reader to draw their own conclusion and ultimately? Nine times out of ten; what are they going to think of? That the Valium was meant for illegal distribution.

I mean--face it--if something like THIS can happen? Why wouldn't the authorities mistake one's supply of prescription Valium for use in illegal distribution as opposed to personal medicinal use?

Another thing. My idea for quelling the violence in Mexico and keeping it from reaching too far north past the American border? Pay a private military company (like Blackwater/Xe--except not them because they're KINDA defunct after they're still trying to get their act together after the bad publicity they've garnered due to ther little fiasco they had in Iraq) to supplement the Border Patrol. Since the Army can't have guns nor the power to arrest whenever they're at the border.

And maybe send a few Spanish-speaking PMC personnel in to supplement Mexican authorities.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/7/09 by Marked One]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I love when the news adds the caveat that is intended to make you speculate that the guy killed was a bad guy and hence deserved it...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
I love when the news adds the caveat that is intended to make you speculate that the guy killed was a bad guy and hence deserved it...

Yes. My point exactly. And another thing? I'm willing to bet he sure as heck WASN'T the only US citizen to get killed over all of this as of recently.

And what EXACTLY does Obama plan on doing about all this. Having his people write a memo to the Mexican drug cartels? A strongly-worded memo explaining how very upset the American people are which includes a polite suggestion to 'put down their guns and behave themselves' and to 'stop selling drugs and start selling bananas or coffee or sombreros and maracas'?

I'll bet the amount of all the bailout money Obama is trying to dish out that he's going to do EXACTLY that. Just watch.

join