It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandfather had a stroke.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
About two weeks ago my grandfather had a stroke, he was making a cup of tea when he forgot everything, even who my Grandmother was.

My grandmother took him straight to hospital, and he stayed there for a week. The stupid thing is, it took 5 bloody days for the damn doctors to realize he had a stroke.

I'm sure everyone knows that the margin of error with a stroke is an hour, after which the effects become permanent. Luckily for us, the stroke was on the left side of the brain, the doctors said that if it was on the right he would have died.

If it takes that long to figure out it was a stroke, why take anyone to the hospital?

Granddad has his memory back, and has been taken off the chemo for a while so he can recover (he also has stomach cancer)

Roswell.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about this. But I am also glad things are improving.

It seems really odd that the diagnosis took so long.
What were their first suspicions?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They thought it was either a Urinal infection or a brain tumor...:bnghd:

Roswell.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hey Roswell1, sorry to hear about that, life can be like that sometimes, i know you'll be right.

My father in law has had them for over 15 years, he can barely walk or talk, uses a trolley to get around in and a gopher go cart to travel outside the house...... you can consider your grandad lucky in this case, but make sure you get him the right care, these doctors seemed incompetent.

Good luck with it all..

Marty

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wow, it took that long for a diagnosis? Was it only memory loss he suffered? Or did he lose feeling in some limbs or numbness? in his face or side???

Usually strokes manifest itself with loss of movement, drooping sometimes in the face.

My Grandmother had a massive stroke and died, and came back to life 5 minutes later, and lived for another 2 years. She has since passed on a few years back now...

I hope everything is well with your grandfather now they know what it was.

MW31

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
No other symptoms that I know of.

Roswell.

join