It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help war-scarred vets, pleads soldier's mum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Help war-scarred vets, pleads soldier's mum

www.northamptonchron.co.uk

The devastated mother of a war veteran shot by police with a high-voltage stun gun has called for more help for mentally-scarred soldiers returning from conflict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-3-2009 by daveyp1986]

[edit on 7-3-2009 by daveyp1986]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It amazes me that the Police are able to behave like this. Taking into account that he is a soldier could explain for the amount of police officers involved, however, it is not right to be taking down people that have mental health issues due to serving his or her country. It seems the police are becoming more and more brutal all over the world as each week passes! Its time things changed!

www.northamptonchron.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm not sure i'd say the police over-reacted on this one, at the end of the day they were called to an incident involving a soldier (someone who is quite able to handle himself) and who has trashed a house.

I'm not taking the side of the police, i am an ex soldier myself, but knowing from personal experience what PTSD can do to a guys aggression, i would say the police were not irresponsible in thier actions.

Maybe the police could have talked him out, i dunno. His parents obviously wanted him out or the cops wouldn't be there.

I don't agree that this country needs to do more for people with PTSD, there is tons of help out there for service personnel. The trouble comes from whether or not they want to access it. I know it's not you saying theres not enough PTSD help, it's the mother in the article.

Anyone who has PTSD symptoms only has to phone Combat Stress, the RBL, the VA or SSAFA...or go see thier GP and they WILL get referred to help.

CX.

[edit on 8/3/09 by CX]

new topics

join