It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first contribution to Tinwiki.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I added a small section on the Spring Heeled Jack page regarding reported sightings of him in 1929 in St. John's, Newfoundland. I recall reading about the incidents in a book on the folklore of the Island when I was a child, and after much googling I found a page to reference the alleged sightings.

I added the reference link to the bottom of the TinWiki page. I hope my entry is kosher with everybody.

tinwiki.org...

In North America

For two months in 1929, the Newfoundland port city of St. John's played host to a number of sighting of an individual bearing a strong resemblance to London's Spring Heeled Jack. Although unlike his earlier counterpart in England, there were no known attacks on individuals associated with Jack in St. Johns.

The two Jacks did, however, bear a strong resenblance to one another, in that they could leap effortlessly from rooftop to rooftop and would laugh manically at those who spotted him, causing a large degree of terror in the community.

St. John's is the easternly-most city in North America, and as such had at the time a thriving population of individuals from Great Britian. There remains a possibility that the same story simply came with them across the North Atlantic, although individual witnesses with no prior knowledge of the Spring Heeled Jack of London are reported to have seen him.

Was the Spring Heeled Jack of St. John's simply a copycat hoaxter or the very same individual or entity that terrorized the citizens of London decades earlier?

join