It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Buying S300; Israel Ready For Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

You really didn't listen to the video.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

I really feel like I am the only person willing to stand up for Israel on this board, but that is alright, I will keep countering every shread of anti-Israel propaganda I can.

So let me get this straight, your standing up for Israel because ? your Israeli ? not because it is some last bastion of fairness and goodness ? fights evil in every corner of the globe ? stands up for the small people who need help and is generally a Country who does nothing bad ? Wake up you @#$%!!!!!!! You need to really wake up and see the truth.

The truth is the Jewish race has in fact experienced prejudices over 1000's of years and many bad things but it has learn't absolutely nothing from it. To have aggressively gone after those who deny the Holocaust but then blindly commit similar atrocities against it's neighbors says one of 2 things.....its lying about the Holocaust as there is no guilt by its Government to kill women and children over the fence or that it is one evil evil evil abomination that preaches one thing and does the exact opposite.

So in closing I suggest that if you are going to stick up for your precious Israel then you have to wear the truth and the truth floats on its own without propaganda and lies.....your not so perfect.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Also, don't forget, Hamas is sunni, and arabic. Iran is shia and persian. The only reason for Iran to hate Israel is its hatred for Jews.

I agree, Ahmadinejad is a real big Jew-hater.
This website takes the pics a bit far but it does call the man a traitor.

Was carpet bombing Berlin in 1945 an atrocity?

Plain and simple, YES.

I'm sure some of the anti US passifists would say that Hiroshima and Nagasoki were attrocities; however, no one ever accused the US of war crimes in WWII.

Someone did.

Is going into Afganistan and attempting to capture or kill Al Queada members an attrocity?

Is creating al-Qaeda an atrocity?

The bottom line is that when Israel acts to defend its citizens, it is called an atrocity.

Only when 'defence' involves killing civilians. And on the flip when fighters in the streets of Palestine defend against the Israeli invasions, they are labelled atrocious.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
reply to post by Republican08

Irans Arrogance???? Israel has nuclear weapons. Not Iran. Israel is doing everything they can to convince the world of the lie that Iran is working towards a nuclear weapon but it simply isn't true. The IAEA which has Irans cooperation, conducts regular inspections within Iran and has stated repeatedly that Iran does not have, nor are they producing weapons grade material. The US Secretary of Defense recently stated that Iran is no where near capable of producing a nuclear weapon any time soon. The US was pulled into a war in Iraq based on lies about weapons of mass destruction, and Israel would love for you to swallow another lie about Iran. Israel has been lying about Iran for a long time.

Iran has made no move towards war with Israel, and has made statements to the contrary. Israel has repeatedly stated that they wish to attack Iran, with US help of course.

Israel will not attack solo as they know Iran is quite capable of defending itself and could cause serious damage to Israel. Global Fire Power ranks Irans military might as 16th in the world and Israels as 26. Israel would face serious opposition in any conventional conflict against Iran. If Israel attacked Iran they would also have to deal with Russia who has stated that they would come to to the aid of Iran if they are attacked by Israel.

Israel has demonstrated arrogance again and again towards its neighbors and Gaza is only one example. Israel is in violation of a number of UN resolutions, the Geneva Conventions and various international laws. The arrogance lies with Israel not Iran.

[edit on 7/3/09 by Terapin]

Where has Russia stated that they would help Iran, can you give a source please?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

As part of the Caspian Union, Russia has vowed to defend Iran and other members in the union from attacks from nations such as Israel and the United States. Putin "promised that an attack on Iran will be viewed as an attack on Russia."

Russia's foreign minister recently warned against the use of force on Iran, saying there is no proof Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons.

One should note that Russia had joined in several unanimous votes at the United Nations Security Council stating that Tehran should end any uranium-enriching activities for military purposes. Russia agrees, along with the IAEA, and the US Secretary of Defense, that Iran is not currently involved in producing weaponised nuclear material.

Russia is currently sending modern Anti Aircraft missile systems to Iran to aid in defense against any Israeli aggression. They supply Iran with a significant amount of military hardware for this purpose.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Middle east will won someday , Iraq , Palestine and Afghanstan will attack usa, israel , russia and all who fight Arab and Islam .

and i want to tell all that i am arabian and this account is hacked , its for u.s armed forces soldiers.

and all credit cards of Armed Forces will be stolen and hacked.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mindkiller

dude your a psyco... this world is screwed up because of mind sets like yours....do you want all nonmuslims to die and our money stolen? it looks like you do. so screw off im sick of people like you.

Oh, and learn English before you post

[edit on 11-3-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

and you are a total neo-con

`jew hater`

when iran has the second largest population of jews outside of israel? when they have jew-only hospitals IN TEHRAN , when they have a jewish MP

The leader of iran Hates the zionist regime that controls israel and crushes every other religion under its foot - i would ask you to watch the video of the christian walking in tel aviv and how he is attacked by rabbi`s.

[edit on 11/3/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It's not like they would use it against anybody, nobody is that stupid. World leaders understand the consequences of using those types of weapons and no population on any continent would be happy with their government doing so.

Except of course, that the leader of Iran has made quite public statements about wiping Israel "off the face of the Earth"...

My personal feeling is that Iran has had nuke capability for a while, and is ramping up it's arsenal before making noise (i.e. this missile purchase, for example)...

Conflict between the two is inevitable given both parties' continued actions...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

and yet again IGNORANCE brings its ugly head to the forefront

and im ASHAMED its from a so-called moderator to be this damn ignorant.

so once again

Ahmadinejad NEVER said that.

So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in farsi:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

2 lines later in his speech which are ignored is how the soviet union also vanished from the page of time and how regime changes can occur peacefully

but you know thats ignored.

PLEASE don`t be so ignorant.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have to admit Gazrock, that I have enjoyed of many of your posts in several other threads, and your well thought out input. Having said that. I am very surprised that you would spout propaganda and perpetuate a myth. Whatever happened to Deny Ignorance. I am glad that you were schooled on what was really said.

If we are going to have a civilized discussion, it is important not to misquote, particularly when the misquote is so inflammatory.

Zionism is racism, and that is what must be removed form the face of the Earth.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Are you kidding me?? You obviously know nothing about me I could not be farther from neo-con. So please dont tell me what I am.

Maybe you should read what I posted. Then make judgements.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
As good as the IDF is, you cannot overcome pysics with even with thier arrogance. Many of the sites are well beyond the range of the F-15's (Forget the F-16's) Iraq was closer in and the the aircraft were loaded to the gills with fuel. Unless the USAF tanks the IDF aircraft, its questionable if they have the combat radius or can extend it with any sort of meaningfull load to get at the more important targets.

The IDF has at least 5 707 tankers, all believed to have recently been upgraded and operational. I'm not sure if they put the extra tanks in like the KC-135 has, but one KC-135E was capable of taking 4 fighters 2000 miles, an R model could take 6. It wouldn't be a huge strike but if they're configured like the -135 with the extra tanks, you could be looking at about 20 aircraft in the strike package.

Israel tried to buy KC-767s last year but were denied.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Israel has a new right-wing government now in formation.

It'll take, I think, a few months to establish an attack plan. And I do reckon, that Benjamin Netanyahu has a little fantasy going on in his head of taking Menahem Begin's place as savior of the nation or whatever trip he's on...

He did say on T.V that "no matter what, Iran will not hold nuclear weapons".

Israel bombed the Iraqi nuclear facilities in the 80's. It gives them legitimecy to repeat the action, for self defense. Moreover now, that a prevention-war is in style thanks to Uncle Sam.

That whole fiasco in Gaza a while ago was planned. Planned to cause a chain of events that would form a right-wing government in order to get a green-light on the coming attack on Iran's nuclear facilities from the IAF's base in Georgia.

Next when Netanyahu will take office officially. He'll start traveling around the world to notify he's buddies in the higher chairs they're good to go.

Let's hope we won't come to that.
Peace!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There's a small chance Iran may already possessed the nuclear bomb. Simply by purchasing a ready-made one from North Korea. The triggering mechanism can be check out by Russian/Chinese technicians to ensure it's good-to-go. Since 70% of Israel's population is concentrated around Tel Aviv, targetting won't be much of a problem.
Disclaimer: this is not an advocacy to bomb Israel. Just pointing out the many possibilities of what can go wrong when things spinned out of control.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Iran is not stupid enough to use Nuclear Weapons on Israel. Israel might be stupid enough to preemptive strike Iran. Israel might not have the backing of the Obama administration though.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
With one brief exception, there is one thing about the Israelis that you can count on: They'll do the most unexpected thing in the most unexpected way, at the most unexpected time.

Even if Israel wanted to deliver nukes to Iran, they don't need their jets to perform the delivery. They just need to use the jets to perform a series of diversions.

Just as did Alexander and Grant did. To defend everywhere is to defend nothing. To ignore threats is to fall. So Iran would react in predictable ways, ways that are easily anticipated and then circumvented.

The Israelis, like it or not, are some of the more brilliant military in the world, and the same cannot be said of their Iranian opponents. The Iranians, are so . . . . overly EMOTIONAL.

A good thing to know, a good thing to play upon.

What most people don't know is that the Iranian border isn't as locked down as they would suggest. And the sea. There's always the sea.

Extended range cruise missiles, some for drawing attention and thus AA fire, some for misdirection purposes, and while conducting multiple threats from multiple direction, and bundles of multiple threats, one is able to do some very slick things during the confusion and ultimately, sheer exhaustion.

And just when they relax . . .

I have no idea of whether Israel will attack Iran or not. And the Russian missiles won't make a bit of difference in whether or not the Israelis attack, and certainly won't determine the success or failure of Israel.

They've been beating Russian equipment for decades.

And Iran? Jesus! They couldn't even whip Iraq one single time in spite of their mass and population! Just more idiots.

Emotional idiots.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

*Snip*

Iran and Iraq fought for just shy of eight years, and at the end? Lots of dead with no other change. None. Zero.

Iran with superior numbers and according to the Persians, superior intellect, should have walked over the smaller nation of Iraq. Didn't happen.

Now if Iraq can fight Iran to a standstill for eight years, and the US and British forces went through Iraq like crap through a goose, defeating the Iraqi military in a couple weeks, then I'd like for a pseudo-intellectual such as yourself, to tell me the error of my ways.

Now if Israel can fight off and defeat multiple coalitions of much greater forces, such as Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt, then it would appear to me to be a mismatch.

Let me check my math. Iran= Iraq.

Israel defeated a much larger coalition of Iraq, Syria, and Egypt.

And I'm supposed to think that Israel is going to have trouble out of Iran?

I reiterate.

Iraq, Iran - mass idiots against mass idiots for eight years = mass idiots.

If you'll break out the history books, you'll find that through the millennia, every single time the Persians fought against a Western Power, even ones they too greatly outnumbered, they were slaughtered.

Gee. That's a perfect record!

Mod Edit: Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 3/16/2009 by semperfortis]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join