It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Buying S300; Israel Ready For Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think we can ALL agree when I say that "WHEN" Russia decides to deliver the S300 surface to air missiles to Iran, then Israel will attack Iran.

www.presstv.ir...

Whether this is March 10-15, or later, I don't know.

But I DO know that it's only a matter of months or even weeks before WW3 breaks out.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I disagree.

I think that Israel will be treading very lightly over this issue until they get the OK from the US and backing from alteast one other major country before they make any sort of "attack".

There's an easy explanation for this. We do not fully know the military capability of Iran or it's allied nations such as Syria and Egypt. Although I highly doubt either of those countries want beef with Israel, I don't think they would let Iran duke this one out on it's own.

You're right in saying another war is about to break out, but WW3, the whole world must be involved and I know a plethora of countries will want nothing to do with Coo Coo Israel and their war mongering.

It's too bad, I wish Iran had gotten a hold of a Nuclear Missile before this fiasco started then it could tell the rest of the world to just shove it, and leave it alone to do it's own thing.

It's not like they would use it against anybody, nobody is that stupid. World leaders understand the consequences of using those types of weapons and no population on any continent would be happy with their government doing so.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Israel won't start a war with a country that can actually fight back....they prefer to smack around small nation states with hitech weaponry sent straight from the USA.

Imagine the Media Spin going into hyperdrive if Iran actually defended itself ?

We would all be horrified to see the "baby's in incubators" story regurgitated or even worse...women and children splashed all over the screen in red with some acidic anti-arab vitriol claiming "them ayrabs kill indiscriminately" and they must be nuked because we bit off more than we can chew (again).

I personally think these States have had their chance at peacefully deciding their own future and the time has come to have all their sovereignty taken away and some kind of World body created to make the decisions for the region...bring on the NWO to this region please.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure about WW3. It's been avoided alot, I remember those two submarines, Russian and American, that had a very hand on button situation.

Israel has seem to be romanticizing almost the idea of attacking Iran, IMO they are becoming slowly irate at Irans arrogance. Honestly i'm surprised Israel hasn't just started a war with them.

I'm almost 99% sure that five minutes before the SHTF over there, either Obama or someone, most likely the former, will make everyone not happy but content with some treaty, or "gift".

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There is a headline just like this every week. In factb there has been for the last couple of years and nothing.

The only thing that makes this even LESS likely is the fact that this artcile came from PRESSTV. PRESSTV is one of the most bogus and untrustworthy "news-sources" (if you can even call it that) out there. Its worse than The National Enquirer. Dont believe a word of this.

Oh yeah-PRESSTV predicted a war between Israel and Hezbollah that was suppose to start on Feb 12th of this year. Hmmmm. Yeah right LOL.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Israel has seem to be romanticizing almost the idea of attacking Iran, IMO they are becoming slowly irate at Irans arrogance.

LOLOLOL I don't know what your idea of arrogance is...perhaps its some condition the "Other Side" is only ever afflicted with.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Irans Arrogance???? Israel has nuclear weapons. Not Iran. Israel is doing everything they can to convince the world of the lie that Iran is working towards a nuclear weapon but it simply isn't true. The IAEA which has Irans cooperation, conducts regular inspections within Iran and has stated repeatedly that Iran does not have, nor are they producing weapons grade material. The US Secretary of Defense recently stated that Iran is no where near capable of producing a nuclear weapon any time soon. The US was pulled into a war in Iraq based on lies about weapons of mass destruction, and Israel would love for you to swallow another lie about Iran. Israel has been lying about Iran for a long time.

Iran has made no move towards war with Israel, and has made statements to the contrary. Israel has repeatedly stated that they wish to attack Iran, with US help of course.

Israel will not attack solo as they know Iran is quite capable of defending itself and could cause serious damage to Israel. Global Fire Power ranks Irans military might as 16th in the world and Israels as 26. Israel would face serious opposition in any conventional conflict against Iran. If Israel attacked Iran they would also have to deal with Russia who has stated that they would come to to the aid of Iran if they are attacked by Israel.

Israel has demonstrated arrogance again and again towards its neighbors and Gaza is only one example. Israel is in violation of a number of UN resolutions, the Geneva Conventions and various international laws. The arrogance lies with Israel not Iran.

[edit on 7/3/09 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just as I thought when I saw the title of the thread of something Pro Iran.
PressTv.
Iranian religious state propaganda.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, lets get one thing strait; Israel will never "invade" Iran. Israel might attack Iran's nuclear and military installations if Israel perceives a tipping point were Iran will become to dangerous.

Also, the Israeli military will not go into Iran. If anything, it would be a short but devastating air campaign. Israel has done this before. They destroyed an Iraqi nuclear reactor in the 80's or 90's.

The truth is that when the Israel Air Force is in the air, all its Arab neighbors hide their planes in bunkers and hangers. No Middle Eastern country is stupid enough to go up against Israeli F-15's and F-16's flown by some of the best pilots in the world. It would be just like Gulf War I when the US F-14's were in the air, the Iraqi air force fly to neighboring countries and surrendered.

There is a line in the Jay-Z song 99 Problems that sums up Iran. "You know the type, loud as a motor bike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight."

[edit on 7-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
Also, the Israeli military will not go into Iran. If anything, it would be a short but devastating air campaign. Israel has done this before. They destroyed an Iraqi nuclear reactor in the 80's or 90's.

Yes, but its a far different matter this time around.

Iranian nuclear facilities are dug in. I posted an article a while back from AWST showing a centerfuge site that had at a minimum 200 feet of alternating reinforced concrete / packed earth. This combo is beyond the capacity of convnetional bunker busters. In addition, the alternating layers will be challanging for fusing as typical bunker busters rely on void sensing.

This is not some ill defended reactor site under construction. Unless the IDF is intent on comminitng even more atrocites they will not be using nuclear weapons. But given its Israel can you rule that out?

The truth is that when the Israel Air Force is in the air, all its Arab neighbors hide their planes in bunkers and hangers. No Middle Eastern country is stupid enough to go up against Israeli F-15's and F-16's flown by some of the best pilots in the world.

As good as the IDF is, you cannot overcome pysics with even with thier arrogance. Many of the sites are well beyond the range of the F-15's (Forget the F-16's) Iraq was closer in and the the aircraft were loaded to the gills with fuel. Unless the USAF tanks the IDF aircraft, its questionable if they have the combat radius or can extend it with any sort of meaningfull load to get at the more important targets.

There is a line in the Jay-Z song 99 Problems that sums up Iran. "You know the type, loud as a motor bike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight."

You never know and if the IDF bombs the SAM sites while the inevitable Soviet advisors gets killed, you can expect at the very least that the Soviets will re arm them to the hilt.

The S-300 would preclude anything but a F-22 or a B-2 in that airspace based on open literature.
[edit on 7-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

They can also use Thermobaric or Vacuum bombs, the smaller the space the more effective these weapons..Israel had come to an agreement to fly through Turkish airspace while being refuelled there.Most likely by American or Turkish NATO planes.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Obviously, Israel will not take on a task without the appropriate infrastructer in place, i.e. refueling tankers.

Additionally, I wouldn't put to much faith in Russian technology. Since the end of the cold war, we have learned that their capabilities are NO WHERE near US technology.

Finally, the source of the OP, Presstv is state run Iranian propaganda agency.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Also, whats the deal with calling every action Israel does an "atrocity?"

Was the US invasion of Normandy an atrocity?

Was carpet bombing Berlin in 1945 an atrocity?

I'm sure some of the anti US passifists would say that Hiroshima and Nagasoki were attrocities; however, no one ever accused the US of war crimes in WWII.

Is going into Afganistan and attempting to capture or kill Al Queada members an attrocity? Obviously the war was not run competently, and I don't beleive that invading Iraq was the right thing to do either; however, attacking the Taliban and Al Queada in Afganstan, was that an atrocity?

Was the The U.S.-Mexican War (1846-1848) an atrocity while we were expanding towards the Pacific?

The bottom line is that when Israel acts to defend its citizens, it is called an atrocity.

Is it an atrocity when Iraqi Sunnis blow up Iraq Shiites during their pilgramige?

How about when those pakistanis beheaded Daniel Pearl, was that an atrocity?

What about the attack on Mumbai? Or the attack on the night club in Bali?

Why don't you check out this link to see only the major terror attacks since the Oslo Accords on Israeli civilians: www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

If the American Muslim population in the US committed 1/4th of these acts, what do you think our government would do? What do you think our government should do?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Thermbaric bombs work best in cave like structures. From my understanding its not as effective against structures equipped with multiple blastdoors that are stressed to withstand signifigant over pressure

One aspect to remember is that Iran has had a front seat to 3 USAF air campaigns to see exactly what works and does not work.

Im not saying some will not be damaged or destroyed but that there are too many targets too spread out to get them all given the limitations the IDF has in projecting power.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Obviously, Israel will not take on a task without the appropriate infrastructer in place, i.e. refueling tankers.

Pray tell will they get there with buddy stores or does the US have to participate in this act of agression?

Additionally, I wouldn't put to much faith in Russian technology. Since the end of the cold war, we have learned that their capabilities are NO WHERE near US technology.

In terms of aircraft I would agree but the newest generation of S-300's with a 100+ mile range alters the battlefield quite alot. According to AWST, the only airframe in the US inventory (Note US) that can operate with impunity withing hte S-300/400 envelope is the F-22 with its RCS of around -40dBs. The B-2 which according to rumor is around -30 dBs can but the risks begin to multiply the longer it is in range and a potential firing solution could be achieved.

The US should not make avalible either platform for Israels war of agression
Finally, the source of the OP, Presstv is state run Iranian propaganda agency.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Also, whats the deal with calling every action Israel does an "atrocity?"

Was the US invasion of Normandy an atrocity?

Was carpet bombing Berlin in 1945 an atrocity?

Hmmmmm apples and oranges. Gaza was hardly a shinning moment of IDF modeartion eh? I mean all those dead kids. I realize the IDF could drop on a school filled with disable children and the apologist would immediatly defend such action but really.

I'm sure some of the anti US passifists would say that Hiroshima and Nagasoki were attrocities; however, no one ever accused the US of war crimes in WWII.

Citybusting was an acceptable form of warfare. Most have moved on and recognized it as unacceptable today but clearly for the IDF its do as we say no do as we do eh?

Is going into Afganistan and attempting to capture or kill Al Queada members an attrocity?

Was the The U.S.-Mexican War (1846-1848) an atrocity while we were expanding towards the Pacific?

Is it an atrocity when Iraqi Sunnis blow up Iraq Shiites during their pilgramige?

How about when those pakistanis beheaded Daniel Pearl, was that an atrocity?

*cough Strawman cough* Was that from your AIPAC talking points manual?

The bottom line is that when Israel acts to defend its citizens, it is called an atrocity.

Yet is acceptable to fly through several countries and drop bombs on Iran on what grounds?

But in regrads to the topic: Again I point out that this is hardly a Iraq type operation and without help from the US Its going to be hard to pull it off

Why don't you check out this link to see only the major terror attacks since the Oslo Accords on Israeli civilians: www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Hmmm you called the OP's source bias yet you post this one
"Hello Pot its the kettle.......... YOUR BLACK" :shk:

BTW how many people has HAMAS killed? Hint go to the State of Isreal Interior Ministry. The IDF killed almost as many children in its recent Gaza massacre.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The souce I cite is nothing more than statistics. Open the link and see. You don't have to agree with my position; however, I don't think you can argue with statistics.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Yet is acceptable to fly through several countries and drop bombs on Iran on what grounds?

Well, you tell me, "Mr. I have a military airplane flying over the desert as my avitar"
when is an acceptable time to fly over several countries to drop bombs on Iran?

Is it after they launch a rocket at Tel Aviv with a nuke attached to it?

The Iranian president has stated on several occasions that "Israel must be wiped off the map",[5][6] an English idiom which means to "cause a place to stop existing",[7] or to "obliterate totally",[8] or "destroy completely".[9]

Note: I left the foot note in from: en.wikipedia.org...

So, if you knew that a country's publicly stated foreign policy towards you is that you should be "obliterated totally" and you had intelligence that they were close to reaching the technology to carry out that threat, are you then obligated to wait for them to act first?

Israel is tiny. If Iran did launch a nuke at Israel, there wouldn't be much left to retaliate with.

Also, don't forget, Hamas is sunni, and arabic. Iran is shia and persian. The only reason for Iran to hate Israel is its hatred for Jews.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Except you are missing one BIG point, WHAT NUKE????

Iran doesn't have nukes. It's a lie that Israel is trying to brainwash people with just like the U.S. did with the WMD for Iraq. What WMD??

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Israel won't start a war with a country that can actually fight back....they prefer to smack around small nation states with hitech weaponry sent straight from the USA.

Imagine the Media Spin going into hyperdrive if Iran actually defended itself ?

We would all be horrified to see the "baby's in incubators" story regurgitated or even worse...women and children splashed all over the screen in red with some acidic anti-arab vitriol claiming "them ayrabs kill indiscriminately" and they must be nuked because we bit off more than we can chew (again).

I personally think these States have had their chance at peacefully deciding their own future and the time has come to have all their sovereignty taken away and some kind of World body created to make the decisions for the region...bring on the NWO to this region please.

I couldn't agree with you more even if you have identical thoughts to my own....oh they are my own

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join