It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people deny the holocaust?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I could point out other threads in which I didn't do that.

I ask questions and then sometimes I give out answers.

Sometimes the only time you can get the truth is to ask questions.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I think it's either a failure to believe or that people hate the Jews. They will look for any reasons to hate the Jews. People think that our government is a zionist regime because they will think of anything to discredit Israel. Perhaps it's their lack of knowledge in history that leads them to disbelieve it? I suppose you have a point there. I've come to a similar conclusion but I've seen other arguments by other people that show that these people have some hidden agenda.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkava
Someone whose faced holocaust wouldn't commit the same crime themselves.

When the Japanese got nuked, they didn't make a better nuke and take out everyone in revenge.They now call out to the world to ban those weapons.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS AGAIN, great post merkava.

The problem with the holocaust is I was taught in school 6 million jews died. I was not taught over 40 million people were killed by Nazis, I was only taught that 6 million jews died and it was the worst thing ever.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
Hitler would be in tears if he realized his actions probably made the Jews stronger, more well protected and respected than they ever had been before.

I would say hitler would probably be more happier now if he realized that his actions made jews move into lands where they will always be vulnerable to wars and will remain under grave threat.Jews can't protect themselves, they use other countries taxes, millitary resources and soldiers to protect their existance.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I will say this as plainly as I can.

HOLOCAUST DENIAL IS A BLANKET TERM TO DISCREDIT THOSE WHO WOULD QUESTION THE "OFFICIAL" VERSION OF WWII HISTORY.

"Holocaust denier" is a lot like calling someone a "conspiracy theorist" to dismiss their claims without actually giving any evidence.

HARDLY ANYBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND QUESTIONS THAT THE HOLOCAUST HAPPENED!!

However, when a researcher offers an alternative view of the Holocaust, whether it be the numbers of casualties, the wealthy Zionist involvement, or the validity of the sympathetic position that the Jewish people were given over EVERYBODY ELSE who suffered just as badly, THEY ARE BRANDED A HOLOCAUST DENIER! The researchers are told that for researching the holocaust of WWII and uncovering information that conflicts with the "official" high school textbook version of WWII, they completely outright deny that the holocaust happened.

To some, myself included, it appears to be a vast conspiracy to prevent researchers into uncovering some dirty secrets about WWII that the powers-that-be don't want uncovered. Why else would you arrest people and destroy all of their research? Why would it be against the law to research history if it doesn't come to the same conclusion we already have?

Just because wealthy, evil, and backstabbing Zionists were involved with the Nazi's does not make me an anti-semite, OR a holocaust denier!! And NOBODY thinks that all Jews are Zionists, many Jews agree that Zionist ideals completely conflict with their religion.

So again, be careful when you use or hear the term "holocaust denier", because it is meant to be a dismissive, blanket term labeled to all of those who would question the official UN version of WWII history.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't deny the holocaust, just many of the details. History as they say is written by the victors. Had Germany won the war I don't think I would get an argument from many that the history of the holocaust would have been very very different. Why? Because they would have had some ulterior motives, they would want to shape popular opinion to serve their needs and wants. Imagine had Germany won, those that proclaim the holocaust is true would be viewed as nutters.
Why should I then think that the history as it is written today is any better? I wasn't there I don't know what happened but a few aspects of the holocaust story seem a little far fetched, fabricated even and that leaves me with little confidence that the official story is correct. ( Just a few official stories that few people if any believe: 911, vaccines are safe, Oswald acted alone, Pearl Harbor was completely unforeseen, etc....)
Were Jews put to death during ww2, certainly. Were they executed at a greater rate than other groups? I really don't know. I can tell you that I highly doubt that there were 6 million Jews total in Europe at the time. Why would they exaggerate the number killed?
I believe that the truth can withstand criticism, the Jewish powers that be are acting very much like the catholic church during the inquisition, stifling debate and making life very difficult for those men who were brave (stupid?) enough to voice their opinion.
So in summary do I deny the holocaust? Depends on your interpretation of holocaust. WW2 was a holocaust to both sides, what the Germans did to the Poles, Czech's, and to the Jews was inhuman and deserving of international condemnation. What the Allies did to Dresden deserves equal condemnation.
Regardless the Holocaust was now long in the past and until and unless we stop pointing fingers for past misdeeds and try to forge a better future with peace and prosperity for all, we will be condemned to repeat history.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xdriver

You do have a point. The Nazis are gone, unless they're breeding furry people in Antarctica. So it kind of doesn't matter anymore. No one's getting an apology. The only reason it KIND OF matters is that lots of people are still mean to Jews. And the whole Israel thing. And Zionism thing. Zionism is like Terrorism, haha, it's a bad excuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join